New Spell: Prayer Block

blaringbugle

Prayer Block

Requires 87 magic

Uses 1 soul, 1 chaos, 1 death and 10 prayer points

Blocks the target from using any prayer for 5 minutes

Target is immune for five minutes after the spell wears off

this should stop people complaining about prayer. just cast this on them and they cant pray against you. this works against all prayers.

so what do you think?

I don't really care since pk'ing sucks; its mean and I can make money much faster other ways. But it would pretty much make the d scimitar's spec useless, which it pretty much is already.

Anyway, its a good idea but who cares about complaining pk'ers, they just are greedy little babies who cry when they can't bully people.

Small Children Scared Count:3

22dr.jpg

Well a prayer block isn't plausible in terms of gameplay and logic:

Gameplay. Lots of specials, spells and prayers (Smite, Saradomin's Strike, Dragon Scimitar special) lowers prayer when they hit, and a prayer block will just make all these obsolete... not to mention it overpowers mages slightly.

Logic. Are you telling me that a puny human has enough power to block the blessing of the gods to a believer?

Why do you resist? My experiments are only helping humanity push the boundaries of the Art of Toxicology... you should be proud to be one of my victims.

~Toxicologist~

ya but mages are not the most powerfull

since none of the mages have dragon stuff

and a warrior could own a mage and a mage casting prayer block could be fair since techinachly warriors are much to powrfull

That spell would defeat the very purpose of the protection prayers, and that immunity part sounds rather dumb. That would cause so many more issues that what it would solve, and pking is meant to be difficult, and that makes it easier. Personally the prayer skill is fine as it is.

And from the literal perspective, the gods have much more power than what a human could ever overpower.

Comments? Contact me via private message.

nadsiggeh2cw3.png

That spell would defeat the very purpose of the protection prayers, and that immunity part sounds rather dumb. That would cause so many more issues that what it would solve, and pking is meant to be difficult, and that makes it easier. Personally the prayer skill is fine as it is.

And from the literal perspective, the gods have much more power than what a human could ever overpower.

My point exactly! Why private message though?

and a warrior could own a mage and a mage casting prayer block could be fair since techinachly warriors are much to powrfull

Mages are not the most powerful? Warriors own mages? Mages are weak because they don't have Dragon Armour? Well, for one; rangers don't too. And mages aren't supposed to have powerful armour. Might I also remind you that warrior armour have negative defense against magic?

Warriors cannot own mages very easily. I suppose you have heard of Ancient Magicks, or Teleblock and Entangle?

An Ice Barrage or an Entangle can render a warrior helpless, and to the mercy of mages. They can't move, thus can't attack or run. If faced with a Modern Mage with Teleblock... even worse. No, warriors are totally defeated by mages. Generally speaking, of course.

Why do you resist? My experiments are only helping humanity push the boundaries of the Art of Toxicology... you should be proud to be one of my victims.

~Toxicologist~

Mages are not the most powerful? Warriors own mages? Mages are weak because they don't have Dragon Armour? Well, for one; rangers don't too. And mages aren't supposed to have powerful armour. Might I also remind you that warrior armour have negative defense against magic?

Warriors cannot own mages very easily. I suppose you have heard of Ancient Magicks, or Teleblock and Entangle?

An Ice Barrage or an Entangle can render a warrior helpless, and to the mercy of mages. They can't move, thus can't attack or run. If faced with a Modern Mage with Teleblock... even worse. No, warriors are totally defeated by mages. Generally speaking, of course.

first off wariors have magic protect prayer

second mages are weak to some meele attack

and third the warrior has a higher slash and rush ability

also mages are not the most powerfull and third dont foreget about magic protedct against

also mages are not the most powerfull and third dont foreget about magic protedct against

Again, you demonstrate your ignorance.

Why is Protection from Magic a warrior only skill? I, as a mage, also has the ability to use all three protection prayers. True warriors can use Protect if they have enough prayer levels, but that applies to rangers and mages as well.

As for mages not having enough defense, I would like to say again: Ancient Magicks, and Entangle. A cast of these spells can render a warrior helpless. Forget about mages with weak defense: Ice Barrage or Entangle, and a warrior can't hurt a mage at all. Also, not the warrior armour actually make magic attacks more powerful.

What on Earth is "slash and rush ability"?

~Toxicologist~

Ever heard of something called Negative Magic Defense? Plus, Mages are STRONG against warriors....Its called the Pk Triangle :wall:

TA: Tea Drinker's Anonymous

Delectable tea or deadly poison...

Again, you demonstrate your ignorance.

Why is Protection from Magic a warrior only skill? I, as a mage, also has the ability to use all three protection prayers. True warriors can use Protect if they have enough prayer levels, but that applies to rangers and mages as well.

As for mages not having enough defense, I would like to say again: Ancient Magicks, and Entangle. A cast of these spells can render a warrior helpless. Forget about mages with weak defense: Ice Barrage or Entangle, and a warrior can't hurt a mage at all. Also, not the warrior armour actually make magic attacks more powerful.

What on Earth is "slash and rush ability"?

agin you mock and show more arogance

and third protect from magic can make the warrior have a advantage

rangers true use it

and some mages use all 3

but some of the warriors abilitys can destroy the mage

5 min is to long...

tele block + prayter block + entangle = over powered mage!

runeminermb1.gif

^^ click my sig for my lesser ranging guide ^^

jwrm22: 4816th > 99 cooking 100% f2p !1172 total! + 140mil in items.

i dont play anymore... i think rs is ruined

123fork:

You obviously know nothing about PKing. Have you PKed before?

Look, in terms of prayer all classes can use them, so that is irrelevant. But exactly what warrior skills can destroy mages? Haven't you ever thought that most mages skill can destroy warriors before warriors can destroy mages?

Entangle. Teleport. Negative Magic Defense. Ancient Magicks.

Think about it. You haven't thought up of a counter for the above spells I have mentioned yet.

PS. And don't deny it 123fork, you hate me; so you try to discredit me by attempting to best me, even when you know you have no chance... considering you are betting on common knowledge...

~Toxicologist~

Im not agreeing with the thread poster or his idea i think its totally stupid just thought id comment here.

123fork:

Look, in terms of prayer all classes can use them, so that is irrelevant. But exactly what warrior skills can destroy mages?

Meleer in full black hides with dds will ko a mage 7 out of 10 times.

123fork:

Look, in terms of prayer all classes can use them, so that is irrelevant. But exactly what warrior skills can destroy mages? Haven't you ever thought that most mages skill can destroy warriors before warriors can destroy mages?

Entangle. Teleport. Negative Magic Defense. Ancient Magicks.

Think about it. You haven't thought up of a counter for the above spells I have mentioned yet.

PS. And don't deny it 123fork, you hate me; so you try to discredit me by attempting to best me, even when you know you have no chance... considering you are betting on common knowledge...

i do know i have pked sometimes not all

and im saying it really depends on stragety not the triangle

4 example a warrior with protect from magic and some potion could defeat a mage think about it

Its all about stragety not The triangle the triangle is a lie i tried it on a ranger and i lost 1nce donot trust the triangle it will betray you stragety is your true friend

I never betted on the triangle. I'm talking about things like Ancient Magicks, Entangle, and the fact warriors have negative magic bonus.

This is fact, and Runescape is not a tactics game: it is a game of luck and power, not skill. Generally, mages beat warriors.

As for melee in dragonhide armour, a lucky freeze will stop the warrior in his/tracks. A warrior unable to move is a warrior dead. Dragonhide, no matter how resistant, is not immune to a mage's attack.

But on topic:

Gameplay. Lots of specials, spells and prayers (Smite, Saradomin's Strike, Dragon Scimitar special) lowers prayer when they hit, and a prayer block will just make all these obsolete... not to mention it overpowers mages slightly.

Logic. Are you telling me that a puny human has enough power to block the blessing of the gods to a believer?

So I am against this idea too.

~Toxicologist~

I never betted on the triangle. I'm talking about things like Ancient Magicks, Entangle, and the fact warriors have negative magic bonus.

This is fact, and Runescape is not a tactics game: it is a game of luck and power, not skill. Generally, mages beat warriors.

As for melee in dragonhide armour, a lucky freeze will stop the warrior in his/tracks. A warrior unable to move is a warrior dead. Dragonhide, no matter how resistant, is not immune to a mage's attack.

But on topic:

true just saying its possible for a mage to lose to a warrior i mean remember wat i said its stragety of luck its who ever has the luckeyst day who wins

But on topic:

Melee gets frozen for 15 seconds, drinks 3 pots, eats 3 shark, runs at mage and hits 21 22 21 19 0 13 18 4 with dagger, mage dies, thats how it happens in the wilderness, and believe me i pk enough to know.