An official clan system

mor1a

My idea for rs is to create a system for clans.

for example

Someone wants to be the official leader of his own clan could pay a sum of 5 million gp. Someone with combat 90+. then their should be sort of list (like friendlist) where he can invite people to join his clan. People could join the clan then and play wars against other official clans.

Now when 2 clans wants to fight they arrange a stake price. So the war eventually takes place at a duel arena or castle war place for clans. with special capes they fight against each other. When one clan dies the other clan wins their stake price and that money or items comes in a special bank of the leader. People could earn money for their clan to have a fund to fight against other clans. The people could then vote (don't know how) if some money could be "shared" with the members and how much. Maybe this could happen on official clan forums part of the official runescape site. If the vote succeeds, the money automatticaly comes into the banks of the members.

Now when members aren't active for a certain period of time (this is when people stop playing rs) they get "banned" from the clan so they can't get money from victories of "clanwars". Leaders can invite people to join for free. But people can join those clans for a sum of like 100K. You can't be in 2 official clans at the same time, and if you want to leave one clan and join another you should pay another 100K.

If the leader of a clan wants to stop playing runescape the "stakemoney" goes to all the members of that time.

Now to see the clanmembers of yours or other clan, you could search that clan on that official "forum/webpage" and look to info like members - victories defeats, the big fund :roll: of the clan etc.

I hope you find it interresting... :wink:

Greetz mor1a

A clan system is suggested many times and I support it everytime, as it would bring order out of the chaos of the current clans.

Clan system would also prevent mass recruiting before wars and battles. It also prevents weak clans who have no real power from forming or consolidating (level limits for leader).

I also suggest a "clan level". I won't go into details how it would work, but basically the higher your clan level the more people your clan can recruit. Clan levels can possibly be gained from wars and such.

The clan level idea can be expanded very much in my opinion (certain level to build clan halls?), but I will leave that to others.

Why do you resist? My experiments are only helping humanity push the boundaries of the Art of Toxicology... you should be proud to be one of my victims.

~Toxicologist~

for example Someone wants to be the official leader of his own clan could pay a sum of 5 million gp.

JEEZ! A bit much? Everything else I really like! I don't like the "Clanwars" area per se. I still believe that the wilderness is where ALL pvp should take place.

A slight tweak to your idea is that a clan would challenge a clan by posting a message in a Runescape wide display case. The other clan leader would then decide to accept the challenge or not. Once the challenge is accepted the two clans would meet at a specific place in the Wilderness. When the two leaders meet they would have to make some sort of action on each other to start the battle. At that point Crumbling pillars would rise out of the ground making a rectangular shape (which is based upon the number of clan members in each side) with two different colored sides. Each clan would have to enter in their own respected side.

From there it would be an all out free-for-all. The benifit of having it in the wilderness is the fact that they still get all the loot from their kills (which could also be dumped into the Clan treasury for distribution based upon their pre-set values made by the clan). The pillars would be to keep out leeches from joining in your war and getting items. Plus when you would die instead of going to Lumbridge (or falador) you'd go to your guild hall and see their kill count.

I really like your suggestion. And if it's okay I'd like to expand on it further.

Clan Halls: In here you can relax with your fellow clan members and keep out eavesdropping enemies. The guild can put armor and weapons to have an armory (don't know why, but it'd be cool). Also the Guild leaders can purchase Drinks and their members can partake in them during meetings or while waiting for a war to be finished.

Wars: Wars would take place in an empty space of the wilderness. No bet should be placed on it, Wilderness rules still apply including being skulled. Guild leaders would have to meet in the wilderness and perhaps salute each other (It would be a special action that only existed when the challenge existed). From there an Arena would pop out of the ground (Zammorackian Magic) with two sides for each clan respectfully. The size of the arena would be based on the size of the guilds (5 squares for each player. When a player would leave the arena it would lose 5 squares bringing the fighters closer and closer together). The equipment a player loses would not drop. It would instantly go to the victors treasury. Even if a player dies on the victors side they do not receive their equipment back. They must hope to get enough money from the battle to buy their equipment back.

Treasury: The clans treasury would be a precious commodity. What would happen if the guild leader decided to leave and take the money with him? That shouldn't happen. Once the clan is disbanned then all the money in the treasury is split up between the clan members (if uneven then it would be rounded down for example there are 100 clan members and 125,375 gold pieces in the treasury. Each member would get 1,253 gold coins (Math.floor(125375/100) in coding terms). Any items in the armory or the brewery (see Clan halls) would be liquidated to their "Low Alchemy" price (Instant destruction of the clan would be for abuse and therefore giving the clan less money than normal would be a bit of a slap on the wrist).

Now I veer away from full blown Clans and go to "Teams"

A Team would be a group of adventurers (maximum of 6) that work together in the PVP world. Perhaps even sharing the experience gained (But might not work with people using different styles) but most definetly share in the equipment they earn. If player owned shops or an Auction house comes into existence the equipment would go there instantly for an already pre-determined price by the Team.

A special orb could be enchanted to teleport your team to you. Possibilities such as having a monk in your team with a new high level prayers that could heal the entire team(costing prayer points) and recharge his own prayer points(Through concentration, if he's attacked or does anything else, it's instantly broken and loses half of what he recharged). Maybe bring back PvP anywher as you hire out teams to kill off other players that have bounties on their heads (How cool would it to see a guy walking around Rimmington and see some Mage walk by, stop, shout out "Hey you! Prepare to die!" then pull out a mystical orb which levitates in front of him and three Warriors and two Rangers teleport in and attack the guy? Of course the local town guard would pop in and help him out (just like Random event levels to take out the team. If a player teleported in and was near death he'd be teleported back to where he came from. If they were already there then they just die and lose all of their stuff)) SO many possibilites to upgrade the PvP and the Clan system.

Sorry for this long post. You have a really great idea and I kind of just went with it.

as an addition:

clanchat:

type "clan:YOURMESSAGE" to talk to everyone in your clan. useful for calling out orders, and pointing out that lone PKer you want everyone to jump :twisted:

Great idea in theory but not very many people would be able to afford it. And I disagree with making people pay to leave your clan. Isnt that bribery? I speak from experience when I say bribery doesn't work! Hardly any one would join if a similar clan came about that was free then your clan would just fail. I mean, its bad enough that levels and popularity cause such a fuss when it comes to clans but making it a 'Millionare Only' thing, people who are new or just skill builders will make their own free clans so mate, YOU NEED TO GET PRACTICAL! :?

Great idea in theory but not very many people would be able to afford it. And I disagree with making people pay to leave your clan. Isnt that bribery? I speak from experience when I say bribery doesn't work! Hardly any one would join if a similar clan came about that was free then your clan would just fail. I mean, its bad enough that levels and popularity cause such a fuss when it comes to clans but making it a 'Millionare Only' thing, people who are new or just skill builders will make their own free clans so mate, YOU NEED TO GET PRACTICAL! :?

first it's an idea to pay 5 mill it could be 500 gp to, If you know what I mean. but I said that to that there wouldn't be clans of lvl 3...

The idea to pay your clan something when you leave is for clanhoppers. IF they join and leave 10 clans in one day they will need to pay a lot of money... The prices are negotiable ^^

and why wouldn't people join if there is a fair system for the loot. IF you rode my post good it said that you can vote on a page if there is some loot that will be given to all players...

A clan system in Runescape has been suggested many times and Jagex have indicated on at least 2 occasions that I can remember that they will be implementing such a feature.

I suspect it will come a fair time after the next skill, Carpentry, and the Player owned house's feature.

My idea for rs is to create a system for clans.

for example

Someone wants to be the official leader of his own clan could pay a sum of 5 million gp. Someone with combat 90+. then their should be sort of list (like friendlist) where he can invite people to join his clan. People could join the clan then and play wars against other official clans.

Now when 2 clans wants to fight they arrange a stake price. So the war eventually takes place at a duel arena or castle war place for clans. with special capes they fight against each other. When one clan dies the other clan wins their stake price and that money or items comes in a special bank of the leader. People could earn money for their clan to have a fund to fight against other clans. The people could then vote (don't know how) if some money could be "shared" with the members and how much. Maybe this could happen on official clan forums part of the official runescape site. If the vote succeeds, the money automatticaly comes into the banks of the members.

Now when members aren't active for a certain period of time (this is when people stop playing rs) they get "banned" from the clan so they can't get money from victories of "clanwars". Leaders can invite people to join for free. But people can join those clans for a sum of like 100K. You can't be in 2 official clans at the same time, and if you want to leave one clan and join another you should pay another 100K.

If the leader of a clan wants to stop playing runescape the "stakemoney" goes to all the members of that time.

Now to see the clanmembers of yours or other clan, you could search that clan on that official "forum/webpage" and look to info like members - victories defeats, the big fund :roll: of the clan etc.

I hope you find it interresting... :wink:

Greetz mor1a

Im pretty sire you got this from a game called Gunz: the Duel.

cgknightofroundsorigina.jpg

99 Hits, Attack, Strength, Defence, Mage, Summoning, Slayer, Ranged, 96/99 Prayer

for example Someone wants to be the official leader of his own clan could pay a sum of 5 million gp.

JEEZ! A bit much? Everything else I really like! I don't like the "Clanwars" area per se. I still believe that the wilderness is where ALL pvp should take place.

hmmmmm..... ever heard of duel arena and castlewar

kill3r_c0w.png

Clan wars should be held in a different area... like a battlefield. It shouldn't be in Castle Wars or the Duel Arena because that would plug up the games... and anyways, the area don't really allow a war to get going (have you ever seen two castles besieging each other? Or a war going on in a maze? And the wilderness allows too many scavengers and war-smashers to interfere). There should be a seperate battlefield for wars, that's my opinion.

Why do you resist? My experiments are only helping humanity push the boundaries of the Art of Toxicology... you should be proud to be one of my victims.

~Toxicologist~

Clan wars should be held in a different area... like a battlefield. It shouldn't be in Castle Wars or the Duel Arena because that would plug up the games... and anyways, the area don't really allow a war to get going (have you ever seen two castles besieging each other? Or a war going on in a maze? And the wilderness allows too many scavengers and war-smashers to interfere). There should be a seperate battlefield for wars, that's my opinion.

ya take the battlefeild in the wildy (you know the one with blood and ghosts) bring it into lumby swamp ring it in with fire or stone enlarge it a little bit then have clans wear capes with their clan name on them. Then let the clan duke it out. Plus you would have stakes like Duel arena or make something new off of the DA design.

thats what i think im open for suggestions

kill3r_c0w.png

you would pick a clan cape

i dont think there should be a fee for making a clan, maybe just one clan max per time?

Of Course there should be a fee. Otherwise every Joe Schmo could make a Clan and go at it. We want dedicated clans. People willing to work together.

I only see one problem with this - how would clans use spies? people wouldn't be able to join two clans, making the role of a spy very complicated.

Perhaps spies aren't the answer? Especially if the only battle could take place in a special arena out in the wilderness. There could be no way of getting a drop on the clan.

Suggestion: To avoid other Pker's taking out Clans while they march to the battlefield through the wilderness (obviously if it's at a set time then someone will try to kill the clan members) they can introduce a "Crusaders Cape". A cape that was designed by Saradominist Monks to shrug off the evil energies of the wilderness. Unfortunately the magic cannot go very deep into the wilderness (Level 20 max?) and therefore all mystical arenas would be below level 20 wilderness.

The cape would only be able to be taken on and off outside of the wilderness. Anyone wearing it could not be attacked. They can't go into the members wilderness area. Their actions are limited to walking and running. So long as they're wearing it, they cannot be attacked and they cannot attack nor pick up items (or drop them for safety precaution?) nor perform a skill (such as mining or mixing a potion). Once they enter into the battle area the cape's powers cease to take precedence over Zammorackian Magic.

Because it may be abused by Abyss Runners (because the Zammorack mage can cast over Teleblock, it could also do it over the cape, going on a logical basis) the Zammorack mage would sense the overpowering feeling of Saradomin's magic and would then teleport them to the Wizard's tower near Draynor. I believe that is a better method of preventing abuse than not having them be teleported at all because of the Magic behind it.

That's an addition to my own suggestion for the Clan System.

hmmmmm..... ever heard of duel arena and castlewar

I was thinking in terms of F2P also. I can't imagine an F2P player having 5 Million gold. But you're right. Having a small clan steal from Knights for a couple hours would easily get you 5 Million. Sorry.

You guys are focusing too much on the 5 million gp. First what if 10 friends want to make a clan, they can nominate a leader each put in 500k and there is the 5mil. Only an idiot would pay the whole 5mil for himself then go out trying to find a clan. Second the wilderness is a terrible place for clan wars since usually there can be up to 50 smaller groups wondering around the wilderness and what happens if they start attacking both teams that would be unfair, so the idea of a battlefield would be perfect. However with the battlefield i think it should be like farming so clans don't have to wait they can just go straight into the battlefield and fight.

finally you have to realise clans usually start with friends so 5mil gp between friends really doesn't add up to that much. It sounds like an awesome idea and i would love it to come into runescape especially with the 5mil gp and the 100k fee to LEAVE the clan not join it and even if someone did create the clan with only his money the people that join may like to contribute 100k or something since he payed the whole 5mil. Remember a clan is like a family you help them out and u don't just ditch them when a "better" family comes around so the 100k leaving fee sounds good to me.

I look forward to people "correcting" what i think:P