The Final Frontier

archimage_a

0Ec33.jpg

Because in all of us is the spirit of Jean Luc Picard, just wanting to sit in the chair shouting 'Engage!' or given a suitably dramatic pause before shouting 'FIRE'.

Well, this game does that!

It also allows the Helm and Tactical Officer to totally ignore the Captain's sense of drama and just fire the weapons when you are in range, and plot a course, rather than just sitting like a lemon because the Captain just shouted 'GET US OUT OF HERE!!!' with no bearings.

If this sounds appealing then I recommend you download the demo for the Artemis simulator, board the USS Falador and prepare to protect your homeworld, Tavenius.

http://artemis.eochu.com/buy.html

______

Game comes as a demo, which is three player.

If there is serious interest, and the game is fun and working, then I will buy the full version(it comes with no copy protection and the advisory to share with your bridge crew, so I can upload it to all those who want to play...However if I did I would strongly ask you not to share outside the Tavern, since if it is good then that kinda screws over the designer.)

Full version is 6 player.

Microphones would definately help, but are not vital...Worst case we can use IRC, the captain has no job but to bark orders and watch the battle unfold on the view screen.

If you do have a microphone then a certain lack of embaressment at shouting at your computer would be helpful. :thumbup:

Anyway, if people are interested I wouldn't mind running/playing in a game tonight, around 6 pm GMT.

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Too hard to competite with other games such as Minecraft with a hefty price tag of 40$

Needs a lot of work on the graphics too. But I like the gameplay/concept.

My lame drops:
6 Effigys
1 D Med - 1 D Dagger
1 Verac's Helmet - 1 Guthan's Platebody

Sure I'll play.

It's a REALLY big shaft.

I didn't catch fire, I used the can of hairspray as a flamethrower and pointed it at my arm.

how are you going to ignore my posts when I'm offering to let you live as my vassal in two weeks time?

The premise, I gather, is that since you can't play the game yourself you need a 'crew'...and since you can run(as they allow, in practical terms, unlimited) 6 copies from one purchase, the idea is that you pool your money, so it only costs...$6.67 per person, in theory.

Mather, we all do that =)

Wait so what is the ship called, the prefix and IP?

Falador

Right?

It's a REALLY big shaft.

I didn't catch fire, I used the can of hairspray as a flamethrower and pointed it at my arm.

how are you going to ignore my posts when I'm offering to let you live as my vassal in two weeks time?

'connected waiting for game signals'

All I see is a ship :P

It's a REALLY big shaft.

How does one play this game? What controls? I'm interested in joining and I have perfect host capabilities, including 15/15 Mbps connection and port forwarding so hamachi ain't needed. If necessary I can possibly set up a mumble server too =)

My lame drops:
6 Effigys
1 D Med - 1 D Dagger
1 Verac's Helmet - 1 Guthan's Platebody

Its all about manipulating the onscreen controls, very intuitive.

Hosting is kind of a drag because you have 0 control over anything...you just get to watch and play captain(which is fun).

Join as a client, prefix code 9001, and 192.168.1.3 Ip Adress.