What happens to rares (halloween masks)

EvilZerga

Halloween devaluate or evaluate?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. At which price coud H'weem masks stabalize 1 month after Freet rade and wildernis.

• Rise!
    • Stabalize above marketprice.
    • Stabalize under marketprice.
    • Drop!

Im currently in possesion of a halloween set.

I bought it yesterday at the 17th to celebrate the returning of free trade and the wildernis. I bought them oblivious to their current market setting, and i was never planning to keep them long.

So if i was a smart person which im not i assume, i would never bought them, i would have bought a santa instead.

So...so...stupid.

Ive been trying to sell them everywhere, the rs forums, the grand exchange (which always fails but i tried) and on allmost all trading worlds for hours,

and i cant get rid of them, and they say theyre crashing badly.

I know a crash comes with reasons and recently i found out why theyre dropping.

But hween masks have already dropped tremendesly on the 180days charts. I cant imagine they will drop further since theirs simply a set amount of them since theyre discontinued.

Im willing to keep them 1 month after the FT&WILD UPDATE, give it a few more weeks if your sure theyll rise again eventually.

I wasnt planning to make money with them.

But either they drop or im getting very broke,

Or im lucky and theyre rising.

I wis they could just stabalize.

Ive putten quite alot of money in them of all cash that i had.

I would kiss my ass if this turned out to be all time low.

Can any of you give expert advise, with forethought on how the marketprice of these items will change over time...

Thanks for your answers.

If you weren't planning on making money on them, then it's not really a big deal if they go up or not. :P

I understand why your a little panic-y though. I've been there before.

All rares are guaranteed to rise eventually. Unfortunately the definition of eventually varies, as it can range from a month to years. Simply put, it's unpredictable as to what will happen to rares. I think they should stabilize quickly once free trade is implemented since people can quickly adjust buying/selling prices in a heartbeat but that is purely speculation and nothing else.

I_Am_Farming.png

I have moved your thread to the help & advice section of our forums. You are asking a question and advice more than looking for a discussion on the prices from other forum members. If you do want to dsicuss the state of rares and other high value items such as rares, the following is a very good thread to use: http://forum.tip.it/topic/259136-3rd-agespirit-shieldsphats-discussion/

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

I have moved your thread to the help & advice section of our forums. You are asking a question and advice more than looking for a discussion on the prices from other forum members. If you do want to dsicuss the state of rares and other high value items such as rares, the following is a very good thread to use: http://forum.tip.it/topic/259136-3rd-agespirit-shieldsphats-discussion/

Thanks for your information, i will read it trough.

Evaluate or devaluate? Huh?

These are existing words dude,

look in the dictionary...

But you are only using one of them correctly. Evaluate is to appraise the value of something, while devaluate is to decrease in value. The correct words should be "increase or decrease... in value"

Also, a word in a dictionary does not necessarily make it a word.

wessan.png

Dude, I honestly don't even understand the question here. I mean, we can't know the future about rares. First, Runescape is far from an ideal market with far too many variables. Now, you used evaluate and devaluate completely incorrectly. Even if you meant, "will halloween masks rise in value, or will their worth be devalued?" that would still be near unanswerable. Value is a relative term, and it's hard to say, due to inflation, what will happen to the real value of H'ween masks. Nominally, it's possible they'll fall in the short term. One could argue that free trade would produce a rise in demand for regular pking goods. Thus, maybe one could say that the prices rares will fall due to more money being spent on pking goods rather than rares(thus demand for rares drops). Or, maybe the rise in the price of pking goods will be seen as disadvantages by players, and thus they'll attempt to put their money into rares in order to assure a somewhat stable(in the long run) amount of wealth.Either way is logical, and there is economic theory to support both conclusions. But then again, who said runescapians are logical! It could be equally as likely that one day people decide that H'ween masks are cool, and they skyrocket in price. We cannot tell the future mate, it's near impossible to tell what will happen to rares.

maulmachine4.png

Corporeal Drops:2xHoly elixers

Bandos Drops: Bcp(soloed) 5x hilts 8x tassets

Armadyl Drops:Armadyl Hilt(trio)

Zamorak Drops: 2xZamorakian spear 3x Steam battlestaff

I didnt asked to look in the crystal ball.

I said what you guys think based upon past events and usual occurences in this scenario.

Eventually they alll go up.

But concerning the poll here most people think its gonna drop.

Im not asking for a fact cause there is non.

Im asking for opinions.

And thanks for the grammar lesson...

Did you sell essential items to buy the masks? Can you still function with the remaining cash that you have? If times seem desperate now and you have to make a terrible deal to get rid of them then just hold onto them and try and rebuild your wealth. Even if the masks don't fully recover you'll probably find some time more favorable to sell them than now; you could even use them as bargaining chips if you're looking to get into the higher rares market. Until the market becomes more predictable and lower wearable rares stop crashing I'd just hold onto them and continue 'scaping as usual if that's possible.

http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/ww6/aspeeder/Siggy_zpsewaiux2t.png

99 Strength since 6/02/10 99 Attack since 9/19/10 99 Constitution since 10/03/10 99 Defense since 3/14/11

99 Slayer since 8/30/11 99 Summoning since 9/10/11 99 Ranged since 09/18/11 99 Magic since 11/12/11

99 Prayer since 11/15/11 99 Herblore since 3/29/12 99 Firemaking since 5/15/12 99 Smithing since 10/04/12

99 Crafting since 9/16/13 99 Agility since 9/23/13 99 Dungeoneering since 1/1/14 99 Fishing since 2/4/14

99 Mining since 2/28/14 99 Farming since 6/04/14 99 Cooking since 6/11/14 99 Runecrafting since 10/10/14

9 Fletching since 11/11/14 99 Thieving since 11/14/14 99 Woodcutting since 11/20/14 99 Construction since 12/03/14

99 Divination since 2/22/15 99 Hunter since 2/23/15 99 Invention since 01/20/17 99 Archaeology since 5/14/22
Quest Point Cape since 08/20/09
Maxed since 2/23/15 Fire Cape since 02/27/13
Slayer: 3 Leaf-Bladed Swords, 8 Black Masks, 2 Hexcrests, 26 Granite Mauls, 5 Focus Sights, 32 Abyssal Whips, 9 Dark Bows, 1 Whip Vine, 3 Staffs of Light, 15 Polypore Sticks

Dragon: 9 Draconic Visages, 7 Shield Left Halves, 20 Dragon Boots, 40 Dragon Med Helms, 8 Dragon Platelegs, 6 Dragon Spears, 20 Dragon Daggers, 5 Dragon Plateskirts, 1 Dragon Chainbody, 63 Off-hand Dragon Throwing Axes, 19 Dragon Longswords, 27 Dragon Maces, 1 Dragon Ward
Treasure Trails: Saradomin Full Helm, Ranger Boots, Rune Body (t), Saradomin Vambraces, Various God Pages
Misc:1 Onyx,1 Ahrim's Hood, 1 Guthan's Chainskirt, 1 Demon Slayer Boots

I think that all items that have a "street value" that is way above their GE value are going to see their street value tank, and their GE value rise. Items that are actually being traded on the GE may have a bit of adjustment, but will probably stabilize pretty near what they are at now.