Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

3rd Age/Spirit shields/Phats Discussion

• Please log in to reply
5824 replies to this topic

bedman
[ Display Name History ]

bedman

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,774 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:bedman
This topic is mainly meant to discuss the evolution of rares, spirit shields, and other bought out items. "Hot" items, or items showing some strange behaviour, can also be discussed. Basically, this is where you can discuss most merchanting related stuff.
This is NOT a topic to discuss "solutions" to rares or other weird suggestions. Face it, they've been here for ages, so let's just try to make the best out of it, and see if we can make some money out of them, or at least get some insight into their price changes.

I might add a list of stable junk items, and if I really can be bothered, a list of street prices of all rares and spirit shields. Help on this is always appreciated.

FAQ

Original first post

sarg1010
[ Display Name History ]

sarg1010

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,760 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • RSN:Sarg1010
  • RSN2:Teh Sarg
It's just armor/a shield/paper hat... oh well if people make money off the prices rising, it's not like it hasn't happened before :?

Unfinished netherrack symbol of Khorne.

Never forget. ~creeper face w/single tear~

DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES TOO?!?!

TheWilch
[ Display Name History ]

TheWilch

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 863 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
The DOW is also up irl.

coincidence?!?!?!

:ohnoes:

Deadliest
[ Display Name History ]

Deadliest

Rat Meat

• Members
  • 31 posts
This had to happen one day, just take advantage while you can and get some money off it.

“During your life, never stop dreaming. No one can take away your dreams" - Tupac Amaru Shakur
Posted Image

Beloved
[ Display Name History ]

Beloved

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 850 posts
  • RSN:Lord Beloved
wow i hadnt realised all sigils went up that much :o
Posted Image

Wkw
[ Display Name History ]

Wkw

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,565 posts
  • RSN:wkw
It'll crash sooner or later.

I personally own third age mage hat. I bought it for 14m. I have NO plans to sell it, EVER. Seeing how it is the BEST magic hat in hat in the game ;)

aaaaauserbar.gif

Wkw.png

Runescape player since January 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

champion
[ Display Name History ]

champion

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 6,176 posts

The DOW is also up irl.

coincidence?!?!?!

Today:

-115.65? (-1.49%?) Mar 24 4:23pm ET

Calzo
[ Display Name History ]

Calzo

Bear Fur

• Validating
  • 296 posts
  • RSN:C A L Z O
Sold my spectral today . Made 50 m off it and gained 3rd age in the final trade value.

Posted Image

They WILL crash soon , well when one certain corp clan dumps them ;)
Posted Image

TheWilch
[ Display Name History ]

TheWilch

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 863 posts

The DOW is also up irl.

coincidence?!?!?!

Today:

thats not what the news just said!

Chained_life
[ Display Name History ]

Chained_life

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 369 posts
  • RSN:Chained_Life
  • Clan:The Death Monkeighs

The DOW is also up irl.

coincidence?!?!?!

Today:

thats not what the news just said!

What news are you watching lol? Dow is crazy right now, don't put too much faith into it, although, this new trend of going up 300-500 points a day and only losing 100-200 the next sounds good. Hopefully we see more of it. if you want to track the dow you simply google it, and during market hours you can see live updates every second. Same goes for all others.

---

I think party hats are starting to rise because all the cheap noobs can afford them, 60mil ain't all that much these days, phats will steady out soon. I think 3rd age will hit their price soon, I think spirit shields have a long way to go, unlike 3rd age these items are very good. I sure as hell would buy them at their current price (well arcane and Elysian at least) I haven't followed them that closely(I rarely corp), I have no idea about the rarity, so it's hard to say really. Certain corp clans can't have that much, assuming 5k people have 500mil+ actively playing I would assume at least half of them would put some money into the current spirit shield prices.
Posted Image

@Dan3HitU
[ Display Name History ]

@Dan3HitU

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,304 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:3___Hit___U
  • RSN '07:3___Hit___U
I can't believe just how much P-hats have dropped since the change to the Wilderness, it all started then :(

Tim
[ Display Name History ]

Tim

Eternal Session of Sound

• Members
  • 8,846 posts

I think party hats are starting to rise because all the cheap noobs can afford them, 60mil ain't all that much these days,

Absolute [cabbage]. theres ALOT of players like me who have played since 01' and aren't even hitting the 10m mark.

OT: Spirit shields I can belive to rise alot due to the rareness in drop, the monster and the high requirements and extremly usefull abilities they hold. 3A isn't as strong as Torags but is rare ONLY because of Treasure Trails, hell I see 3A more then what I see of Animal Masks. and Party Hats? honestly dont deserve to be their price. Its a holiday item, a festivity, not a damn tool for players to use as barganing chips to increase their wealth.

Popoto.~<3

Mdeoxys
[ Display Name History ]

Mdeoxys

Retired Crew

• Members
  • 2,793 posts
  • RSN:Mdeoxys

Sold my spectral today . Made 50 m off it and gained 3rd age in the final trade value.

They WILL crash soon , well when one certain corp clan dumps them ;)

I hope so, I am saving for one atm so A crash would be nice =)

Posted Image

Posted Image
Proud (retired) Tip.it Times Editor! Tip.it Times Archives TET event forum

stormveritas
[ Display Name History ]

stormveritas

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,883 posts
  • RSN:Stormveritas
I think a lot of players will reflux now that the prices are displaying more accurately.

When Jagex was locking prices, the street value price creation allowed for a newly integrated "Free Enterprise" that allows for price manipulation via junk trading.

With a relaxed reduction on price flux, prices of any non-new items will be the same as street price (or at least should get there). That's a huge development, and there's far less speculation involved in pricing.

Given that there is less speculation, there's less money to be had. Clans will stick to new-item hoarding to drive price manipulation.

That, or the opposite; clans could hold up and let prices go completely insanely out of control as they sit on items. It will be interesting to watch the market control/response habits of Jagex and merchants.
Posted Image

Musky44
[ Display Name History ]

Musky44

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,276 posts
  • RSN '07:Musky44
  • Clan:GWD Anonymous
I could use a spirit sheild...Wonder how long I'll wait to have to get one.

Wkw
[ Display Name History ]

Wkw

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,565 posts
  • RSN:wkw
Lets just say that the CB was never given the stomp ability. They would of crashed a few weeks after they started going up 10m a day. They aren't THAT useful. Ely and divine are only effective on things where you get hit for alot of damage often. Not that useful to remove 1-2 damage per hit :\

aaaaauserbar.gif

Wkw.png

Runescape player since January 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

bedman
[ Display Name History ]

bedman

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,774 posts
  • RSN:bedman

Lets just say that the CB was never given the stomp ability. They would of crashed a few weeks after they started going up 10m a day. They aren't THAT useful. Ely and divine are only effective on things where you get hit for alot of damage often. Not that useful to remove 1-2 damage per hit :\

Doesn't have to be alot (in seperate numbers). It would be good at whichever place your normal healing method doesn't keep up, and banking is a nuisance.

I would love to have an elysian for doing armadyl gwd, or tanking bandos.

Talset65
[ Display Name History ]

Talset65

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 188 posts
Meh, 0.3% rise on only purple p-hat, the rest are still dropping. Hardly anything to get excited about, I don't think they'll grow in price much, not when 3a items are much more sought after.

Posted Image
Tough times don't last. Tough people do.

Bouwzie
[ Display Name History ]

Bouwzie

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,934 posts
  • RSN:Bouwzie
Green and red partyhats are being sold for over medium on the GE, white for medium price, blue didn't sell at all. Don't know about yellow and purple.

2j3qh46.jpg

Musky44
[ Display Name History ]

Musky44

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,276 posts
  • RSN '07:Musky44
  • Clan:GWD Anonymous

They wouldn't crash so soon. Spirit sheilds are the best sheilds in game, and you have to be a decent level or have high lsp just to get one. Spectral is super useful at arma, arcane is usefull at bursting lobs/DK maging. Elysian removes 25% of the damage 70% of the time, and divine removes 30% of the damage all the time. Hard to get really owned with that bonus.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users