3rd Age/Spirit shields/Phats Discussion

bedman

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember reading a topic like this probably five months ago about party hats going up and third age items being dumped. I seriously considered selling my 3a item but decided not to. The following days, I monitored the GE and most of the 3a items went up 1m+ and continue to go up to this day. Phats never went up as high as other people predicted it to be (at least in the GE, not sure about street prices). Purple back then was around 86m.

vv05c.png

[brought to you by the Cult of the Sacred Crate]

17th to 99 Smithing OSRS

The spectral looks to be falling already. And Partyhats are raising due to more people wanting them now that they are "affordable" and merchent clans. But the otehr 3 spirit shields will continue rising. For a while atleast, I don't know about you but 1/2 the Pictures of G.E. has a elysian spirit shield buying in one of the boxes so demand, for atleast one spirit shield, is high. Very high.

I doubt even one elysian has been sold on the GE since they were released. The rises in price are manipulation by Jagex.

Prices cannot change automatically unless offers are completed. Eventually the price will become high enough that divines and elysians will start buying. And based on what happened to d claws, they'll probably skyrocket and then crash.

Ah, this reminds me about the noob on the Runescape forums who was upset with the quest "Cold War" because apparently his grandparents died in the war. :wall:

The spectral looks to be falling already. And Partyhats are raising due to more people wanting them now that they are "affordable" and merchent clans. But the otehr 3 spirit shields will continue rising. For a while atleast, I don't know about you but 1/2 the Pictures of G.E. has a elysian spirit shield buying in one of the boxes so demand, for atleast one spirit shield, is high. Very high.

I doubt even one elysian has been sold on the GE since they were released. The rises in price are manipulation by Jagex.

Prices cannot change automatically unless offers are completed. Eventually the price will become high enough that divines and elysians will start buying. And based on what happened to d claws, they'll probably skyrocket and then crash.

Actually, many have... I don't know why they recently havn't shown up on the top valued traded on the GE database, but if you look about a few days ago on the general screenies sticky, someone bought a sigil. Also there have been coinshared sigils as well (some TIFers got an ely a few months ago), so yes they have been sold.

Other than that, Specs crashed yesterday night/this morning ish, arcanes crashed a few hours ago as far as I've seen, and I've talked to a few 3a/shield merchants saying they don't see Ely/Divine staying insane too much longer (Although I give those 2 a few more months I'd think).

Partyhats are probably going to either go back down/or at least stay stable soon as far as I can see.. theres no way they're going to rocket to some insane price all of a sudden.

sgsagssighe6.jpg

the trick is to balance all of these methods to get 99 and either play real life or train another skill while farming.

635th to 99 Farming 12/16/07

Ely/div will hit 400-500m. It's rare; on average 1 ely/div comes into the game every day. You may not think this is accurate, but for the time being it is. Keep in mind that maybe 30-40% of the time these ely/div are kept by the person that got them. Not because they know they will rise but because thats why they corp anyway, because they want these shields, cant buy them, so get them themselvs.

Spectral is crap. It blows at arma, and has worse melee/range protection then dfs. It's only 150m ge because no one would sell, no one really knew how good/bad it was, and it was rare.

Arcane is actually very usefull. +20 mage attack plus def stats slghtly worse then dfs. Awesome for pking, will be great for dueling when duel tourneys is fixed. No its not worth 165m but it is worth about 50m or whatever it will level at. Like spectral, it's only 165m because it was very rare and none were in the ge plus so few come into the game.

I see 3a "crashing" in a month.

As for phats, who knows. lol.

I am not a skiller, but i do some skills.

rcwar1st.gifconwar3rd.gifwcdec2nd.gifskillwar2nd.gif

Spring2008slaycompsig.png

Two have crashed, it is only logical that the other two would crash.

I wish I would of bought them when they were junk =\

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

'Spectral is crap. It blows at arma, and has worse melee/range protection then dfs. It's only 150m ge because no one would sell, no one really knew how good/bad it was, and it was rare.'

1. You hardly ever get hit by the melee minion as if your team is properly spaced out it gets confused and goes around turning like the kbd does therefore not attacking.

2. YOU PRAY RANGE!

3. Every other attack by Kree is a MAGE attack , spectral offers + 30 mage , that makes a lot of difference.

O yeh and dfs gives - 5 range , while spectral is neutral with an added +3 prayer.

Granted it does not warrant 150 m , but to say that it blows at armadyl is ridiculous.

s652yx.jpg

Out of all of the ones, ely is best, period. It reduces damage. It is the best. Next would be divine if you had prayers. Maybe that ispossibly better for team gwd. Then the one with magic defense. Meh

The one with magic attack is best for that and that only.

Arcane and spectral are history because they just arn't worth over 50M as a few people said.

3rd age might aswell be dead so many 3a hoarders are selling it off for ely and divine to try and make money off that now.

I am selling more and more ely's and divines in game everyday now so they will hit 350M or so and just be too much for their price and drop.

Either way all the hard to get rare items are diminishing and guess what people are going back to the items that there will be never anymore of.

In the end partyhats will be stable again.

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

as its reasonable, elysian and divine might crash later as there are now less people with enough street value to trade for their sheilds, Elysian and divine only went up to 1.3Bil+ after they noticed arcane and spectral's became rare

Arcane and spectral are history because they just arn't worth over 50M as a few people said.

3rd age might aswell be dead so many 3a hoarders are selling it off for ely and divine to try and make money off that now.

I am selling more and more ely's and divines in game everyday now so they will hit 350M or so and just be too much for their price and drop.

Either way all the hard to get rare items are diminishing and guess what people are going back to the items that there will be never anymore of.

In the end partyhats will be stable again.

Don't forget another thing, Once people get back into rares again, partyhats won't be the only thing that will get a boost. Small rares, even though they aren't exactly saught after now, will probably be looked for again. Remember they all used to be a ton higher in the days where partyhats were insane (I remember my friend payed 120m or so for his mask set, santas peaked at well over 20m, etc). So, maybe not extremely high, but small rares will end up going up a bit.

You just can't beat the fact, that in the end, no matter what, as rares leave the game and become harder to find, they WILL increase in the end.

And is it just me or has the ge database messed up lately on things? For me when I type in 3a, I get the list, but next to all them, the price increase every day, for the last week, has been 0. I know my coif had gone up at least once or twice in the last week, and a few other parts as well, but I've seen none showing it. (It DOES display the correct prices, however where it should say in green +1.5m or something, it just says a 0)

sgsagssighe6.jpg

the trick is to balance all of these methods to get 99 and either play real life or train another skill while farming.

635th to 99 Farming 12/16/07

I was honestly prepared to buy myself a phat and go into real semi-retirement and now...

This is what I did :thumbsup:

A red and a yellow have been sitting in my bank for about a month and I haven't really played RS at all. I've been keeping up with the community still and watching for some great updates...and it is an absolute thrill to see my two little "long term" investments start to show some promise already. Every day when I wake up and see that they have risen AGAIN....the feeling is indescribable. I am an old old school RS player...and I am absolutely delighted that I managed to nab two pieces of RS history while the prices were so low. I am aware that there is the possibility that they will start to fall again, or that this is all part of a manipulation scheme, but either way it is worth knowing that I was able to attain these two hats before the inevitable rise in price would make them unattainable to me. I only wish I could have afforded more of them :(

Whatever happens, I am in it for the long haul, and will never be parting with my beloved antiques of RS history. I am sure nobody is going to read my post and think much of it...but it truly does make me feel warm and fuzzy inside to know that I secured ownership of TWO hats that will someday be the most elusive item in the game. <3:

I read the whole thing and agree with you completely. I have nothing else to add; you described it perfectly.

:thumbup: :thumbup:

Take THAT 3rkid (who made fun of me for buying a Yellow at 74ish a few weeks ago, right before the rise)!

2dgucz6.png

'Spectral is crap. It blows at arma, and has worse melee/range protection then dfs. It's only 150m ge because no one would sell, no one really knew how good/bad it was, and it was rare.'

1. You hardly ever get hit by the melee minion as if your team is properly spaced out it gets confused and goes around turning like the kbd does therefore not attacking.

2. YOU PRAY RANGE!

3. Every other attack by Kree is a MAGE attack , spectral offers + 30 mage , that makes a lot of difference.

O yeh and dfs gives - 5 range , while spectral is neutral with an added +3 prayer.

Granted it does not warrant 150 m , but to say that it blows at armadyl is ridiculous.

I had a Spectral, and I noticed a big difference in how often Kree'Arra hit me with it compared to the DFS. +20 magic is the equivalent of around +50 melee defense. It's the second best shield for Arma, with Elysian being the best. Divine sucks for Arma because you're constantly being hit.

td2sig.jpg

spectral is also good at Tormented demons(one of the best money making monsters out there imo), and daggonath kings, At arma, my friend prefers the spectral over elysian because he rather not get hit than getting reduced damage

Arcane should be actually be worth less than spectral imo, as you do not need it for a lot of the monsters as you don't mage and it can only be good at rock lobsters and daggonath kings.

And i believe jagex has made the sigil drop rate lower as yesterday i heard of 3 sigil drops in FFA, and this past week i heard of 12 sigils dropped in both ls and corps

Sold it whites are now up it's been a great ride. I typed a nice story on the picture sticky but don't feel like copying it.

3rdagesold.png

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

im about to sell my kite too Master Smither, I wish I could sell it for max & help 3rd age rise more, but I want a purple and trading it for purple is all I can think of.. I waited too long and purple went up twice.. I might do it tonight before purples rise again.. my question is should I also sell my plate and legs and get a white partyhat so I will have a complete set??

I have mage hat..

What do you all reccomend? I also have 95m in cash to play with.. I'd like to maximize my profits..

Oh, and I got the hat when it was 14, so I profit any way. Just suggestions, please?

im about to sell my kite too Master Smither, I wish I could sell it for max & help 3rd age rise more, but I want a purple and trading it for purple is all I can think of.. I waited too long and purple went up twice.. I might do it tonight before purples rise again.. my question is should I also sell my plate and legs and get a white partyhat so I will have a complete set??

Well whites are now going up so I'd suggest you get one now before they totally get bought out. I've seen a few people trade white for plate+cash around rsof so I'm sure you'd get it.

I'd give 3rd age 2 weeks tops befofre it crashs maybe one more price rise but I was careful and made 85M off of it so I was happy.

Buy the white 8-)

I have mage hat..

What do you all reccomend? I also have 95m in cash to play with.. I'd like to maximize my profits..

Oh, and I got the hat when it was 14, so I profit any way. Just suggestions, please?

I would suggest just selling it for max realy unless you have alot of crashing items to sell with it.

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

Well whites are now going up so I'd suggest you get one now before they totally get bought out. I've seen a few people trade white for plate+cash around rsof so I'm sure you'd get it.

I'd give 3rd age 2 weeks tops befofre it crashs maybe one more price rise but I was careful and made 85M off of it so I was happy.

Buy the white 8-)

I have mage hat..

I would suggest just selling it for max realy unless you have alot of crashing items to sell with it.

dang i would love to take ur advice but I think you're underestimating the rareness of 3rd age. idk if I want to go all out and get my partyhat set back, but I would like to at least sell my kite and get purple and just be missing white.

I belive 3rd age range and mage have gone way too high but I think 3rd age meelee is going to continue to stay super high priced (200m+ each)

[hide=]

Buy the white 8-)

I have mage hat..

dang i would love to take ur advice but I think you're underestimating the rareness of 3rd age. idk if I want to go all out and get my partyhat set back, but I would like to at least sell my kite and get purple and just be missing white.

I belive 3rd age range and mage have gone way too high but I think 3rd age meelee is going to continue to stay super high priced (200m+ each)

[/hide]

I am not too sure about that, back in 07 i was buying 3rd age mage and range top or bottoms for just over 40mil. Full 3rd age melee was going for over 100mil i don't think it is as rare as everyone thinks it is.

jpegsigtest.jpg

Bl1tzb0w-13 Melee sets, 12 Mage sets, 12 range sets, 2 elysian.

Lunar Mage 5- 12 melee sets, 5 mage sets, 24 range sets, divine, 2 elysian.

Krimandy- 3 p hat set, 3 crackers, 21 melee sets, 10 mage sets, 12 range sets, 2 elysian, 3 divine.

Those are some of the 3rd age merchants out there that I asked what they had. Third ags isn't rare it's hoarded just like p hats were with stakers and such. When staking got taken away they sold them all causing a massive increase in supply. Lunar mage is currently trading his 3rd age sets for ely and divine shields along with partyhats. Now of course I asked for the numbers over 4 months ago it would have changed alot from 3a trading and such. Also these numbers are what they told me of course they could be lying but what would the point be in that.

Rare items are defined as high demand and little supply on the market. These people when they dump this 3rd age it will fall. I sold mine it's going to crash soon people won't even take 2B in 3rd age for their divines and ely's.

Of course I could be wrong it could rise and I lose out on money but it's not looking good for 3rd age right now.

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png