PC being loud as [bleep]

Skully

Ok well over the past week my PC fan seems to be so loud, no idea why. I've tried closing programs and such and nothing happens, no idea if that's supposed to help but w/e. What should I do? Any info at all needed, just say and i'll provide.

Other issue; my PC sometimes randomly bluescreens, happening quite regularly about once every three days or so, and tells me it's "dumping physical memory". What should I do about this also?

Any help appreciated.

skyrim_by_katri_n-d3hewko.png

Im going to assume it's not custom.

What computer is it. Like model/whatnot.

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

recently at TDs my laptop fans get quite loud and I lagg alot too =(

I assume it's wicked trying to hack me so i stop getting claws ;) <3

4K469.png

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

"An imperfect man can do great deeds, and a great man imperfect ones.

Im going to assume it's not custom.

What computer is it. Like model/whatnot.

It's a Packard Bell, only custom thing is a new Graphics Card a friend put in for me, where can I see the exact model? I've forgotten lol.

@Other kid, thank for that valuable post...

EDIT:

2ngg0sz.png

To find your video card make/model go to:

>Start menu

>Right click "Computer"

>Select "Properties"

>Select "Device Manager" (should be a link in the top left of the window)

>Select "Display Adapters"

>Open the device either Nvidia or AMD (most likely)

For the random blue screens, what are you doing when they occur?

debian.png

To find your video card make/model go to:

>Start menu

>Right click "Computer"

>Select "Properties"

>Select "Device Manager" (should be a link in the top left of the window)

>Select "Display Adapters"

>Open the device either Nvidia or AMD (most likely)

For the random blue screens, what are you doing when they occur?

NVIDIA GeForce 8500 GT. But I remember my friend telling me when he put it in it was a Radeon and I need to uninstall the NVIDIA drivers, or the other way round. I don't remember so haven't done that lol. The blue screen seems to accur during abo[bleep]ely anything, but i'm mostly browsing the internet.

If the fans are suddenly louder than they were, you might want to have a look at your temperatures.

What should I do about that?

Go download Speedfan and run it, it'll tell you temperatures. Get a screencap of it and post it here.

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.

Speedfan is not a good program for temperatures. You should use hwmonitor instead. Not only does it show the temperature but it also shows other statistics. It was the only program to accurately give me the temperatures on my laptop.

Speedfan isn't omniscient. In fact, if it doesn't properly recognize fans and whatnot for your setup, the program's author actually encourages you to send him your hardware specs so he can try and sort it out, iirc.

The core temperatures for my Q6600 are accurately displayed, so I reckon it works fine for a Q8200 as well. As far as I know, your processor should be able to handle temperatures around 60 degrees, but still, it's pretty darn hot. If you weren't doing some serious gaming prior to taking those temperature measurements, I'd say it's a bit abnormal even. Your fan's busting its balls trying to cool things down, which is why it's making so much noise. You can force it to slow down and be quieter through speedfan, but at those temperatures I wouldn't recommend it.

I do notice you have only one active fan, which strikes me as a bit odd. Since the noise only started recently, perhaps another fan has broken down? I'm not too familiar with this kind of thing though, so maybe somebody else has a more precise diagnose :P