Small problem with the CleanCut forum theme

Zaaps1

Hey I just thought I'd mention a small problem I've been experiencing with the CleanCut forum skin. Maybe it's just me, but when the page is stretched by a large picture, I don't get a left-right scroll bar on the bottom of the screen. I get this on the other skins I've tried, though.

Thanks!

I'm confirming that this is a major problem... FireFox 2.0.0.6 here (this browser is danged flexible)...So whatever is going on is hitting everything. :angry:

~D. V. "Accursed Bug!" Devnull

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

I'm confirming that this is a major problem... FireFox 2.0.0.6 here (this browser is danged flexible)...So whatever is going on is hitting everything. :angry:

I would recommend upgrading to the newest version of FireFox as it comes out. These releases always contain lots of bugfixes and security fixes that are designed to improve your browser experience significantly and it helps the internet move forward when people update their software. Just like how Jagex recently said in their Game Engine Q&A, when people use outdated software (they mentioned java specifically) it limits what they can do with the game engine. Similarly when a large percentage of users are still using outdated browsers like Mozilla 2.x and IE 5 and 6, it limits the features a website can pump out unless the website chooses to inconvenience those using older browsers. This is becoming a common practice. YouTube for the last while has been forcing users with old versions of their browser to upgrade so they could leave them behind and focus on those who want new, hip features.

1.png
generic_signature.png

I would recommend upgrading to the newest version of FireFox as it comes out. These releases always contain lots of bugfixes and security fixes that are designed to improve your browser experience significantly and it helps the internet move forward when people update their software. Just like how Jagex recently said in their Game Engine Q&A, when people use outdated software (they mentioned java specifically) it limits what they can do with the game engine. Similarly when a large percentage of users are still using outdated browsers like Mozilla 2.x and IE 5 and 6, it limits the features a website can pump out unless the website chooses to inconvenience those using older browsers. This is becoming a common practice. YouTube for the last while has been forcing users with old versions of their browser to upgrade so they could leave them behind and focus on those who want new, hip features.

Cowman_133, I'm very sorry that I didn't make myself clear as to what I had meant, and therefore caused you to get the wrong impression from my post... :(

Albeit on another system I do have FireFox 3.5.7 (and disliking some things on it, won't upgrade to 3.6+ due to "plugin update shoving" which would ruin my increased Java Max RAM usage settings and take control away from my hands ... Keep in mind that, in rare cases, the developers of stuff sometimes don't know better than their users... In my case, I'm a rather odd rare case as a Power User!) to check the forums with, when everything is working right with Tip.It's Forums then it just simply works properly on this older FireFox 2.0.0.6 as well, strangely enough. Don't know entirely why that is, but I'm thankful it does because it enables me to see some problems rather quickly, and still be able to use some things that I like which don't exist (and/or work worse) for later FireFox versions. And that's just let alone the fact that the older browser is much less of a RAM Hog and runs more quickly and cleanly, contrary to popular belief. ;)

Now, the real point which I'm trying to make here is that I'm helping to give a scope to how wide the problem is at current. I'm NOT trying to get anyone here to go and add a ton of special support for older browser users. I was simply saying that if the problem is showing on the newer browsers, but the exact same problem is showing on older browsers, then the problem is more massive than the initial scope was thought to be. Further, I'm just here to help identify that it is hitting stuff at a far heavier basic level somewhere in the skin template code of the forums, as this case happens to be. :geek:

So, please, don't go off nuts at me just because you see my making a note with "FireFox 2.0.0.6" in it?!?!? :wacko:

~D. V. "Was not trying to push for compatibility... I'm just trying to help catch the bugs!" Devnull

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

The problem should be fixed now although it may cause some scrollbars when there's no image stretching the page on some older browsers, there's nothing we can do to fix both issues.

Nice work! Thanks Peter! :)

The problem should be fixed now although it may cause some scrollbars when there's no image stretching the page on some older browsers, there's nothing we can do to fix both issues.

Nice work! Thanks Peter! :)

You can thank Mil. :P

fair tradeoff.

"Any people anywhere, being inclined and having the power, have the right to rise up, and shake off the existing government, and form a new one that suits them better. This is a most valuable - a most sacred right - a right, which we hope and believe, is to liberate the world."

Abraham Lincoln

fair tradeoff.

I second this. Anyway, everything is now rendering perfectly on my FF2-based (with "Outlook 2003 Blue" theme) loadout. Thanks to you both, Peter and Mil! :thumbsup:

~D. V. "Nice fix!" Devnull

(p.s.: Just for the funny trivia, it's a good thing I don't use a Noia-type theme... :-w ...)