Xmas Ipods

flamestrike

If anyone knows a way to convert the videos without having to buy quicktime pm me

I'll just post it here since you probably aren't the only one wondering...

[link]

Thanks alot :)

I haven't tried it out yet, but I will later. *Bookmarks the page*

Runescaper (off and on) since late 2001

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well to answer the questions I guess I'll have to bring up the Zen again, sorry cj ;)

Reasons my I bought an Ipod:

ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬ÃââSaw the commercial ; yet to see a Zen Micro commercial

ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬ÃââFriend has one, and I liked the feel ; yet again, no Zen Micro to be found

ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬ÃââI like the size of the nano ; Havent seen what a Zen Micro looks like

ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬ÃââCan get skins/Iskins ; Does Zen Micro have skins?

ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãââ2 GB is enough for me ; I'm not going to buy like 6gb when I listen to around 100 songs, and have room for about 330..

ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬ÃââMy iskin is beautiful

-Zen Micro has many adverts in magezines but they don't have a big marketing budet compared to the golith that is iPod

-Next two questions are answered for the same reason, people are practically embarrased to buy/show people their non-Apple MP3 player.

-Can you get skins? I'm sure you can, but I never sought one out. There are like a dozen different colors to pick from when you buy it so you obviously like the design and I never really understood the whole "cover my device so the original case stays new." Question: You cover the beautiful white exterior with a cover (sadly some people buy ones which are bulky and not-so-nice looking) so the white stays nice... but you never get to see the white! You will always have the cover on hiding the undamaged interior. :/

2003676992682512083_rs.jpg

Ohfour, you said 2 gig is good for you. Didnt you pay like 200 for that? You can pay 200 and get a 5 gig micro.

This is not an iPod versus Micro debate.

Lay off.

iPod for life.

Ghost: I am prejudice towards ignorance, so that would explain why I appear to be so.

I don't care what people say to be-little them, iPod's rock, mine is beautiful and I love it. That's all i care about I don't care how good everyone else says Zen's are, I couldn't ask for a better MP3 player. End of stoweee :P

Seriously guys, Ricky Gervais podcast, try it!

"Da mihi castitatem et continentam, sed noli modo"

I think iPods are pretty decent, but I hate the people that blindly buy them without even glancing at the competition. Personally I'm happy with my 5Gig Zen Micro.

Me too. Creatives are better for the money, and even for the same price, they still have more features and have lower service-needed rates than Apple.

Yes but this is an ipod thread, this is about nice parents that bought them an ipod because that is what these nice people wanted. So take your creative zen shove it up your * and go away.

There is no need for hostility. It's a logical chain of discussion - someone is talking about getting an iPod, someone so much as mentions an alternative, and then I provide an opinion on the alternative. And that aside, if this thread is about iPods, then it's definently not about correcting and needlessly flaming people, and if you have some kind of problem, then you take it up with me and a staffer, not the rest of the people who would like a civilized discussion.

I suggest that you pull your head out of your [wagon] and stop being such a frickin' forum troll.

sigon4.jpg

handed me TWO tissues to clear up. I was like "i'm going to need a few more paper towels than that luv"

I think iPods are pretty decent, but I hate the people that blindly buy them without even glancing at the competition. Personally I'm happy with my 5Gig Zen Micro.

Me too. Creatives are better for the money, and even for the same price, they still have more features and have lower service-needed rates than Apple.

Yes but this is an ipod thread, this is about nice parents that bought them an ipod because that is what these nice people wanted. So take your creative zen shove it up your * and go away.

There is no need for hostility. It's a logical chain of discussion - someone is talking about getting an iPod, someone so much as mentions an alternative, and then I provide an opinion on the alternative. And that aside, if this thread is about iPods, then it's definently not about correcting and needlessly flaming people, and if you have some kind of problem, then you take it up with me and a staffer, not the rest of the people who would like a civilized discussion.

I suggest that you pull your head out of your [wagon] and stop being such a frickin' forum troll.

God i'd hate to have been like you at 14.

God i'd hate to have been like you at 14.

Lmao.

iPod for life... don't cry weez :P

Ghost: I am prejudice towards ignorance, so that would explain why I appear to be so.

Ohfour, you said 2 gig is good for you. Didnt you pay like 200 for that? You can pay 200 and get a 5 gig micro.

Zen Micro -

DSCN3453.jpg

iPod Nano -

1536.jpg

--

Cnet.com gave a Zen Micro a 6.0/10. A zen Micro DISTORTS at high volume, and delivers low end preformance and has a weak FM reception.

A Nano on the other hand got a 8.3/10 by cnet.com. Quote "The overall sound quality is excellent, with imperceptible hiss, though we've heard a bit better in terms of brightness and bass from the likes of Cowon and Sony. Surprisingly, the iPod's multitude of equalizer settings can make a difference for the positive, whereas we've characterized the EQs as being weak in the past. Reportedly, the Nano uses the same sound chip as the Mini."

Lets face it. iPod has better more advertisements which buts it ontop by far. It is sleeker, easy to use and is very durable. From looking at the Zen Micro, It looks like if you drop it, that it will either fall apart, put a dent in the floor, or the buttons will fall off... It looks like a giant walki talkie! iPod has more customization and lots of bonus/extra features. If someone tries to steal your Zen, there is no way to stop them from listening to your tunes, but on the nano, there is a "lock" button which goes to a screen were you ened to enter a 4 digit code to enter back into the iPod.

Some of the layouts for the Zen Micro are TERRIBLEY ugly! Not to mention there is no skins that have sylicon, or rubber to decrease the chance of dropping it and it all plastic.

--

The Zen Micro Photo

Creative_zen_micro_photo.jpg

iPod Photo

apple_ipod_photo.JPG

_ipodVidFrontSide.gif

That is clearly a win for the ipod in design. That is ONE UGLY ZEN MICRO! iPod ranges from 30-60 GB! The Zen Micro only has 5-6 gb. Also you cannot lsiten to music and play songs all at once.

---------------

To round it off:

iPod

-Better Design

-Reconizable Design

-Great Sound

-Sleek

-Affordable

-Has way more commercials

-Goes beyond the competition

-Click Wheel!!

Zen Micro

-Bad Design

-Don't like the screen (is there a black light?)

-Affordable

-Does not go beyong the competition

iPod for the win.

Well, Xmas has come around again and all of the new ipod owners are sitting at there computers right now converting cds and such to go on to there new ipods. I got mine loaded the songs and played around with it, after some greif and using the restart(center + menu hold down) about 7 times. my ipod is looking pretty good right now, but as for the ipod vets, can you explain these podcasts and such to some noobs like me?

podcasts are [developmentally delayed]ed, dont get them

and put linux on your ipod, best thing i ever did with my ipod! just search google for "ipodlinux"

I really don't see why ugliness is a factor in this. I mean.. it's in your pocket most of the time. :?

$250 = 8gig zen photo

$250 = 4gig iPod nano

My friend got her 5gb zen micro for $150 (after my recommendation, of course), and she loves it. Sounds great.. no difference from an iPod sound quality. The only difference is the price difference..

==================================

Retired tip.it moderator.

Teaching and inspiring.

I bought mine at http://www.iskin.com

little spendy? jeeze...

reall though look on decalgirl.com they got some nice designs on their.. there stick-on vynls i got one for my xbox and gc, there very durable.. there not shells there VYNL STICKERS :P

cheap too goood good gooood

OhFour, do you feel cool posting the worst pics of the Zen Micro on the net in compared to some of the best of the Nano? I could do the exact same thing with good pics of the Micro and vice versa.

I don't want to get into a big arguement but you have to at least give it a chance, i don't hate the ipod, just prefer the Zen, just because you like the ipod isn't a reason to hate the Zen.

lowres_zmphoto_3.jpg

Looks better already :wink:

My cousin and uncles (2) got iPods for Christmas. My cousin was loading songs onto it all day today.

The iPod-wanting is at an all-time high, but I still don't understand why. It still confuses me why people give iPods for Christmas, especially when Zen Micro costs less and holds more music :? (6gb for $180)

I guess their marketing is better.

Umm.. better by a longshot.. also its a whole sytem... there are no other players with a DEDICATED store to them (thats worth the price) you buy the music.. you own. it.. apple stops doing itunes in 20 years.. you still own it for itunes and ipods (or burn it to CD.)

The Zen Vision:M looks a better bet than the Video iPod too. Seems as though it can handle different video codecs like wmv etc, instead of just h.264 and mpeg-4 like the iPod.

I got a video iPod yesterday, and so far I'm unfortunately pretty dissapointed. Sure it might hold 60 gigs, it might be the most expensive one best buy had in stock, but I couldnt' put any of my videos on it. And to convert them to a format that is supported you have to buy Quicktime.

I wish there was also a way to organize how you want your music on it instead of the default that comes with it. Maybe there's a way to do it that I haven't figured out yet though..

If anyone knows a way to convert the videos without having to buy quicktime pm me

Videora is a FREE option

http://www.videora.com/en-us/Converter/iPod/

convert to mpeg 4 (better quality and does not crash the ipod i have found like H.264 might do)

mementh.jpeg

The following statement is true. The previous statement is false. 60% of all statistics are made up 90% of the time

andrew i love you & want you to have my babys!!! <3:

Finally, I get to save the Earth with deadly lasers instead of deadly slide shows!

Cnet.com gave a Zen Micro a 6.0/10. A zen Micro DISTORTS at high volume, and delivers low end preformance and has a weak FM reception.

A Nano on the other hand got a 8.3/10 by cnet.com. Quote "The overall sound quality is excellent, with imperceptible hiss, though we've heard a bit better in terms of brightness and bass from the likes of Cowon and Sony. Surprisingly, the iPod's multitude of equalizer settings can make a difference for the positive, whereas we've characterized the EQs as being weak in the past. Reportedly, the Nano uses the same sound chip as the Mini."

Lets face it. iPod has better more advertisements which buts it ontop by far. It is sleeker, easy to use and is very durable. From looking at the Zen Micro, It looks like if you drop it, that it will either fall apart, put a dent in the floor, or the buttons will fall off... It looks like a giant walki talkie! iPod has more customization and lots of bonus/extra features. If someone tries to steal your Zen, there is no way to stop them from listening to your tunes, but on the nano, there is a "lock" button which goes to a screen were you ened to enter a 4 digit code to enter back into the iPod.

Some of the layouts for the Zen Micro are TERRIBLEY ugly! Not to mention there is no skins that have sylicon, or rubber to decrease the chance of dropping it and it all plastic.

That is clearly a win for the ipod in design. That is ONE UGLY ZEN MICRO! iPod ranges from 30-60 GB! The Zen Micro only has 5-6 gb. Also you cannot lsiten to music and play songs all at once.

Wow, you are the biggest fanboy, ever.

CNet gave the Micro an 8.0/10, not a 6. Learn to read. http://reviews.cnet.com/Creative_Zen_Mi ... ml?tag=nav

The Zen does not distort at high volumes, either. In fact, the Zen has a 98dB signal to noise ratio:

"As expected from a Creative player, the Micro delivers excellent sound quality (the signal-to-noise ratio is 98dB), especially if you use a pair of high-quality headphones. The Micro comes bundled with a pair of quality earbuds. While we recommend a bigger set of 'phones to take advantage of the Micro's clean and powerful sound, the earbuds are actually pretty decent. There are eight preconfigured equalizer settings that you can use to tailor your sound, and you can create a custom EQ setting as well."

In fact, it has better sound than the iPod mini did, and does NOT distort at high volumes (I know, seeing as how I own one).

You are also comparing two different classes of players - the big hard drive class to the micro hard drive class, and thus your evaluation of the Zen Micro Photo vs. the iPod Photo is invalidated.

And, the photos you provided are extreme. You took the Zen Micro one from an eBay auction it seems, and the iPod Nano ones have skins on them.

And, about the no skins for the Zen Micro:

http://www.staples.com/webapp/wcs/store ... rea=SEARCH

There you go.

And that lock thing? Who the hell cares if someone "listens to your tunes?" If your iPod gets stolen, you're out an iPod anyways, and there's still no way of you tracing it. And who's going to bother with entering a code every time they turn on their audio player? Not I, nor anybody else that I can think of. And the FM radio - some FM radio is better than none, wouldn't you say?

Your post is the most biased comparison of any two products I've seen in a while. You should REALLY check the sites that you cite information from before posting false ratings, and actually TRY the players you.

And, at the last poster: The Zen Micro works with pretty much every download service in existence, and I get my music from MP3Search, for 10 cents. It's legal, in a more universal format than iTunes, and is a fraction of the price, not to mention faster download times (300KB/second on my connection) and working on virtually every digital audio player in existence.

You may flame me and everyone else all you want, but the facts are that so far everyone who has posted here who proclaims that "iPOd is teh awesoemeome!!!1111 koolz adverts n certive suzzorz" has totally missed it and has cited inaccurate information, distorted specifications, and had little to no experience using the Zen Micro. Case in point - decide which is better for yourself, given information on reputable sites such as CNet.com. Objectively, the only places where the iPod may excel is the "wow" factor, the clickwheel (but that's just preference), battery life (but Creative's is sometimes better) and the interface. Otherwise, the Creative players outspec the Apple players easily and offer far more features for less money.[/code]

sigon4.jpg

handed me TWO tissues to clear up. I was like "i'm going to need a few more paper towels than that luv"

OhFour, do you feel cool posting the worst pics of the Zen Micro on the net in compared to some of the best of the Nano? I could do the exact same thing with good pics of the Micro and vice versa.

I don't want to get into a big arguement but you have to at least give it a chance, i don't hate the ipod, just prefer the Zen, just because you like the ipod isn't a reason to hate the Zen.

lowres_zmphoto_3.jpg

Sorry to say, but thoughs are the ONLY pictures of the nano, so I guess the "best" of the nano pictures is the nano itself. Thanks for proving yourself wrong. This is an iPod thread, not a Zen Micro crappy durabilaty thread. Leave please.

lowres_zmphoto_3.jpg

Sorry to say, but thoughs are the ONLY pictures of the nano, so I guess the "best" of the nano pictures is the nano itself. Thanks for proving yourself wrong. This is an iPod thread, not a Zen Micro crappy durabilaty thread. Leave please.

Then why exactly did you post the thing about the Zen Micro being not durable? It is YOU who should leave the thread, seeing as how you have no sense of logic and make biased, untrue statements.

sigon4.jpg