Penance Horn?

Ghost_Phriek

I'm grinding Agility at the Barbarian course and it is literally driving me up a wall! I want to get the Penance Horn to make getting from 53 to 65 a bit faster, but then that's the problem: is it worth getting the horn? I'm' not too sure how it works, so I have a lot of questions about it.

-How much XP does a fully charged Horn give?(bonus+normal and/or bonus)

-How long will it take to do all 100 waves?

-Is it worth getting?

And some about Agility too. :oops:

-Best place(s) to train until 65?

-Is it worth going to the Wilderness with a full Horn? You keep it on death, but it seems like a hassle to keep running back to BA for it.

-Ape Atoll v. Werewolf at 60?

-Should I go to Agility Pyramid with enchanted water tiara/Penance Horn, or just stick to the main Courses?

Thanks for any help!

If you getting the horn, get lvl5 in any rank and get the master horn

-The horn gives twice the xp you would normally get

-Why do you need to get 100 waves (thats like 1m xp at your level) and 53-65 is no where near that much xp reuired

-Its worth getting if you despise training agility, I think its better xp / hr too if you can find a good team to ba with

-Yeah I think it'll be worth getting the horn for wilderness arena, If you die the horn doesn't lose its charges, buy some games necklaces and keep them in your bank, whenever you die just teleport to the outpost and get your horn back for free

-You should not be using the agility pyramid, its just not worth it

btw for max xp, do wilderness arena agility course, at the last obstacle wield the horn and then unwield it

Opeious.pngopei.png

Barrows Drops:....................................................Dragon Drops:...............Other Drops:

Dharok: 2 Helms, 1 Top, 2 Legs, 4 Axes.......................2 Claws Split..................1 Bandos Tassets

Karil: 1 Coif, 1 Top, 2 Skirt, 2 Crossbows......................3 Plate legs...................4 Berserker Rings

Ahrim: 3 Hood, 2 Top, 3 Skirt, 1 Staff..........................2 Plate Skirts.................2 Warrior Rings

Verac: 1 Helm, 3 Tops, 2 Skirts, 1 Flail..........................1 Med........................1 Archer Ring

Guthan: 2 Helm, 5 Tops, 1 Skirt, 0 Spear.....................1 Shield Half.................1 Seers Ring

Torag: 2 Helms, 2 Tops, 5 Legs, 1 Hammer....................4 Hatchets..................1 Missed Divine Sigil (was at bank -,- fml)

I actually did the Agility Pyramid until level 50 (where I used the wildy course). I did the pyramid because it was easier for me to train it there than at an agility course.

~ Proud Father ~ Proud (Currently Deployed) Army National Guardsmen ~ Proud Lakota ~ Retired Tip.It Crew ~

btw for max xp, do wilderness arena agility course, at the last obstacle wield the horn and then unwield it

horn depletes based on xp, not actions. there's no reason to use it on certain obstacles and not use it on others. that strategy is good for brawlers, but not for penance horn/sc tools

oh yeah, soz I 4got :rolleyes:

Opeious.pngopei.png

Barrows Drops:....................................................Dragon Drops:...............Other Drops:

Dharok: 2 Helms, 1 Top, 2 Legs, 4 Axes.......................2 Claws Split..................1 Bandos Tassets

Karil: 1 Coif, 1 Top, 2 Skirt, 2 Crossbows......................3 Plate legs...................4 Berserker Rings

Ahrim: 3 Hood, 2 Top, 3 Skirt, 1 Staff..........................2 Plate Skirts.................2 Warrior Rings

Verac: 1 Helm, 3 Tops, 2 Skirts, 1 Flail..........................1 Med........................1 Archer Ring

Guthan: 2 Helm, 5 Tops, 1 Skirt, 0 Spear.....................1 Shield Half.................1 Seers Ring

Torag: 2 Helms, 2 Tops, 5 Legs, 1 Hammer....................4 Hatchets..................1 Missed Divine Sigil (was at bank -,- fml)

Thanks for the info, everyone. I'll probably just go the the Wilderness Course with nothing but the horn and some food. I forgot to add one more question, though:

How much XP does the Horn get per round/how many rounds to play to get the 307K XP I'd need?

Thanks again!

Thanks for the info, everyone. I'll probably just go the the Wilderness Course with nothing but the horn and some food. I forgot to add one more question, though:

How much XP does the Horn get per round/how many rounds to play to get the 307K XP I'd need?

Thanks again!

If my math is correct (don't quote me, but I think it is), you'd need to fill your horn up to the third stage or "less than a quarter full" to get from 53 to 65. But, I'd err on the side of caution and fill it up to "around a quarter full". That should have more than enough charge to get you to 65.

I'm not sure how many rounds it would take, but with a good team, it'll fly by reeeeally quick.

For a good reference, the Master Penance Horn has 15 stages (a list of which can be found here), and if you assign each stage a number (1-15, excluding empty), you can use this formula to find out how much bonus exp you'd get for your level at each stage:

[skill level] * [stage of horn (1-15)] * 1000

So, in your case, the formula would look like [53] * [3] * 1000 which equals 159,000 bonus exp, when added to the 159k you'd gain normally, it would give you 318,000 exp, which is more than the 312,834 exp required from lvl 53 to 65.

Woof... hope that helps, and sorry it's so long. :thumbsup:

If my math is correct (don't quote me, but I think it is), you'd need to fill your horn up to the third stage or "less than a quarter full" to get from 53 to 65. But, I'd err on the side of caution and fill it up to "around a quarter full". That should have more than enough charge to get you to 65.

I'm not sure how many rounds it would take, but with a good team, it'll fly by reeeeally quick.

For a good reference, the Master Penance Horn has 15 stages (a list of which can be found here), and if you assign each stage a number (1-15, excluding empty), you can use this formula to find out how much bonus exp you'd get for your level at each stage:

[skill level] * [stage of horn (1-15)] * 1000

So, in your case, the formula would look like [53] * [3] * 1000 which equals 159,000 bonus exp, when added to the 159k you'd gain normally, it would give you 318,000 exp, which is more than the 312,834 exp required from lvl 53 to 65.

Woof... hope that helps, and sorry it's so long. :thumbsup:

Wow... that was quite the informative post. :D

So I need 307,600 XP to get from 53 - 65 Agility, meaning I need like, 156K bonus XP from the Horn, which lines up with your math within a few thousand XP.

65 Agility here I come. :shades:

Wow... that was quite the informative post. :D

So I need 307,600 XP to get from 53 - 65 Agility, meaning I need like, 156K bonus XP from the Horn, which lines up with your math within a few thousand XP.

65 Agility here I come. :shades:

I'm really glad you understood that. I've been awake for over 28 hours, and I was afraid I was typing in a different language. :lol:

Best of luck to you with your agility training. :thumbup:

Recap Time:

For 65 Agility, I need 307.6K XP, so I need to fill the Penance Horn up to about 1/3 of it's max charge(159K). (Also should try for level 5 in a roll for Master Horn)

Stay at Barbarian Course with the Horn until level 55-ish(?) then move on to Wilderness Course until 65. I keep the Horn on death so if I die, I can get it back from Commander Connad with the same charges.

Am I missing anything?

Thanks for everyone's help! :shades:

Recap Time:

For 65 Agility, I need 307.6K XP, so I need to fill the Penance Horn up to about 1/3 of it's max charge(159K). (Also should try for level 5 in a roll for Master Horn)

Stay at Barbarian Course with the Horn until level 55-ish(?) then move on to Wilderness Course until 65. I keep the Horn on death so if I die, I can get it back from Commander Connad with the same charges.

Am I missing anything?

There's really no significant difference between the penance horn and the penance master horn as they hold the same exp potential. All you get with the penance master horn is bragging rights and a new emote. (pro all here) :razz:

ALTHOUGH, the higher levels you get within the game, the easier it will be to play, and the faster you can gain exp potential later on; it's your choice. Personally, I fell in love with barb assault, and maxed everything, but that's just me. :wink:

There's really no significant difference between the penance horn and the penance master horn as they hold the same exp potential. All you get with the penance master horn is bragging rights and a new emote. (pro all here) :razz:

ALTHOUGH, the higher levels you get within the game, the easier it will be to play, and the faster you can gain exp potential later on; it's your choice. Personally, I fell in love with barb assault, and maxed everything, but that's just me. :wink:

I'm reading through TipIt's guide now and it seems pretty confusing. But that's what i said about Stealing Creation. :D I'm sure I'll get used to the game after a while, and all of RuneScape's minigames are pretty fun.

What it all boils down to is how much you enjoy Barbarian Assault, and how much you loathe training agility.

Personally I used to the penance horn for a few mining levels. I found it really helped because mining is so boring, but I really enjoyed barbarian assault, so even if it resulted in less xp/hour I found it much easier to do. On top of that, when you see yourself gaining double exp as you mine, it's easier to push yourself to mine more, in the sense that it'd be easier to make 50k super strength potions than 50k attack potions, even though the actions themselves are the same, you feel yourself getting a better pay out so you're more willing to do it.

Madouge.png

Click the pic if you wanna see a Ranged Slayer blog.

Recap Time:

Am I missing anything?

Wrong

Master penance horn retains charges longer than the regular horn. They take the same amount of time to charge. Getting the master horn is worth it.

Tip.it item database info

Zybez's item database info

/references

witchynosaur.png

Armadyl Drops : 4 Hilts; 3 Chestplates; 2 Chainskirts; 1 Helmet; 1 Buckler; 2 Shard 1; 2 Shard 2; 1 Shard 3

Nex : 1 Zaryte Bow

Kalphite King : 1 Drygore Rapier ; 1 Drygore Longsword : 1 Drygore Offhand Rapier : 1 Drygore Offhand Longsword