Mage training

purekilljoy

Hello!

Haven't been on RS for a while again need some quick advice.

Mage 87 atm, need 95 as soon as possible.

SO - how would you recommend?

I am a huge fan of efficiency, so I need 95 for slaying ice strykers better so I just want to bump mage up to 95 and be over with it.

Money is not an issue.

I'd like 2 suggstions: One for combat related - e.g any slayer monsters I could do efficiently with mage? and Secondly not combat related

And if you have any estimates, how many hours I'd be doing that would be a nice bonus. :)

Purekilljoy.png

Your summoning level is only lvl 75 so bursting rock lobsters for charms will be the most "efficient" if you want to get summoning up at all. Unfortunately that wastes hitpoints exp. As far as combat goes that's my best suggestion, most slayer monsters aren't worth maging until you get 95 for fire surge which happens to be your goal. After that abyssal demons I know for sure are still profit for fire surging.

Non combat magic experience includes string jewelery at ~165 k exp per hour, very semi-afk

Hunter Kit clocks in at about 186 k exp/hr and is more clicky

String Jewelery in combination with hunter kit hits about 260 k exp/hr

Other combat options for fast exp are bursting/barraging at ape atoll (same spot as chinning) which is 285 k exp/hr and 386 k exp/hr respectively.

If you're planning on bursting/barraging though do rock lobsters for 116/157 k exp/hr and summoning charms.

Trolling by giving good advice since April 2011.

The Blog - Currently Cleaning Herbs

Bladewing.png

I got summoning banked till 87ish or sth. I just don't see the need for summoning really before Yaks.

So pretty much, which ever way you cut it, quickest way would be bursting/barraging?

As I always have the need for charms I should just start bursting or barraging rocks.

Any

Purekilljoy.png

A geyser titan is pretty good for slayer, you should get summoning to 89 once you can.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Yeah, gonna work on summoning after mage 95.

Ok, so if no other great ideas, then I'm gonna go with barraging.

So by my calculations I'm looking at:

4,75 mil left to mage 95

so at 167k xp per hour ~28,5?! Hours of barraging

1k casts is around 260k xp so need about 18,5k smoke barrage casts

around 2,5k gp/cast so 18,5 x 2,5 = 46,25 M all together?

Am I missing something or does that sound about right?

If that is correct, then the thing that bothers me with this is the 28 hours..

Purekilljoy.png

Well if you want speed barrage the monkeys on ape atoll for the fastest exp. I don't think this is worth it as you can still use the summoning exp. It is over twice as fast though so its up to you, if you really don't want the summoning exp then go to ape atoll and cut that number in half.

Trolling by giving good advice since April 2011.

The Blog - Currently Cleaning Herbs

Bladewing.png

Definitely use a sol, along with battle robes you can save around half your runes, but of course if you make enough money/cant be bothered with the recharge costs, Ahrims will be fine.

Definitely use a sol, along with battle robes you can save around half your runes, but of course if you make enough money/cant be bothered with the recharge costs, Ahrims will be fine.

Use an SoL. Battle robes are debateable. If you have the spare tokens to recharge them or have a fetish for FoG then use them. If not and you value your time as more than the amount of money saved then no, don't use them. Ahrims is the better option imo as I value my time at over 2 mil an hour and I hate FoG.

witchynosaur.png

Armadyl Drops : 4 Hilts; 3 Chestplates; 2 Chainskirts; 1 Helmet; 1 Buckler; 2 Shard 1; 2 Shard 2; 1 Shard 3

Nex : 1 Zaryte Bow

Kalphite King : 1 Drygore Rapier ; 1 Drygore Longsword : 1 Drygore Offhand Rapier : 1 Drygore Offhand Longsword

Hence the reason for the second half of my post :wink:

Did I say I disagreed? :wink:

witchynosaur.png

Armadyl Drops : 4 Hilts; 3 Chestplates; 2 Chainskirts; 1 Helmet; 1 Buckler; 2 Shard 1; 2 Shard 2; 1 Shard 3

Nex : 1 Zaryte Bow

Kalphite King : 1 Drygore Rapier ; 1 Drygore Longsword : 1 Drygore Offhand Rapier : 1 Drygore Offhand Longsword

Use an SoL. Battle robes are debateable. If you have the spare tokens to recharge them or have a fetish for FoG then use them. If not and you value your time as more than the amount of money saved then no, don't use them. Ahrims is the better option imo as I value my time at over 2 mil an hour and I hate FoG.

Yeah, I don't do minigames, so no battle robes. No way that's gonna be happening :D

Thanks a lot for your help! So Ahrims, SOL and a [cabbage]load of runes, great! I'll get at it as soon as I get my slayer to 95. I might be able to bump my summoning over 90+ with the charms. Sweet!

Purekilljoy.png