Another way to train prayer skill?

Deathscythe

I was training my prayer skill the other day and it got my thinking, since the game was release back in the early 2001 or 2002 the only way for players to train prayer skill was to bury bones of the monster you killed. So it got my thinking was there another way to train this skill? The only way I have come up with is that each time you a prayer you should get Exp for use a prayer depending on how high your prayer level is, you would still be able bury bones but you wont level up faster. So what does everyone think about my idea would it help you level up faster?

Sonic9.png

I think the whole-ash thing buried your point. Get it? Whole-ash...ash-whole! Seriously though, I'd kinda like to see a sliding scale for it. Maybe have bones give you normal xp, then 1 extra xp per pray lvl?

div>

I think the whole-ash thing buried your point. Get it? Whole-ash...ash-whole! Seriously though, I'd kinda like to see a sliding scale for it. Maybe have bones give you normal xp, then 1 extra xp per pray lvl?

Kind of like that, but you should get more Exp when you use a prayer. Each prayer point that is drained should giving as Exp depending a the high your level is? In other words it should be almost like the Magic Exp.

Sonic9.png

Ok, now you're starting to lose me. Magic xp uses runes to give you xp, the same way any real skill uses (item) to get xp. What you're suggesting though is highly illogical....it'd be like suggesting that people should gain xp every time their stats get drained. Highly illogical, and would be heavily abused (especially by, say, hopping across the zammy god wars dungeon bridge with an inv of pray pots?)

div>

Gilded altar, ectofungus, killing ghasts, shade burning, and now ashes... I think the skill is fine the way it is, sorry. And like Fourside said, xp for using the prayers doesn't really make sense. Should we get HP/Constitution XP when we take damage?

Etecoon.png

Gilded altar, ectofungus, killing ghasts, shade burning, and now ashes... I think the skill is fine the way it is, sorry. And like Fourside said, xp for using the prayers doesn't really make sense. Should we get HP/Constitution XP when we take damage?

I used to think getting hit gave you defence xp. (2004)

Amitoz.png

Come to my Clan chat (I'm there if I'm online) if you wish to borrow a Green H'ween mask, Blue H'ween Mask, Red H'ween Mask, or Santa for a reasonable price.

Ok, now you're starting to lose me. Magic xp uses runes to give you xp, the same way any real skill uses (item) to get xp. What you're suggesting though is highly illogical....it'd be like suggesting that people should gain xp every time their stats get drained. Highly illogical, and would be heavily abused (especially by, say, hopping across the zammy god wars dungeon bridge with an inv of pray pots?)

I said it should almost be like magic exp, but anyway you should get more XP if you bury bones depending on your prayer level. If your prayer is 58 and you killed a hill giant or something like that and you bury the bones you might notice that you didn't 15xp but maybe 20xp and up more then you normally would.

Sonic9.png

I used to think getting hit gave you defence xp. (2004)

Me too! And then I thought it was stupid that you get experience in defending yourself by hitting somebody else. It should be the other way around. Makes no since!

Stellactic.gif

I used to think getting hit gave you defense xp. (2004)

Me too! And then I thought it was stupid that you get experience in defending yourself by hitting somebody else. It should be the other way around. Makes no since!

True everytime you don't get hit you should get defense XP, but lets try to stay on topic here.

Sonic9.png

• 2 weeks later...

I think we'd all like to see an addition that made prayer easier to attain! There are plenty of ways to train it now, but even ectofungus (which I definitely prefer) is so time-consuming. I'm fine with the way prayer works now. Like all skills on Runescape, it's not going to be easy or fast. You have to want to train it kid! :razz:

Retefael.png

"We need to gain a historical respect for electronic music. Classical has

had that for hundreds of years. I love all styles of music, but I dont find

that electronic has the same type of timelessness." - Carl Craig

• 5 weeks later...

I think that your proposition with regards to the prayer skill is interesting. I agree that, unless you've the member benefits of things such as the Ectofuntus, prayer is a slow and tedious skill to train, and that at some point an update which rectifies this would be nice, if unlikely.

"Imagine yourself surrounded by the most horrible cripples and maniacs it is possible to conceive, and you may understand a little of my feelings with these grotesque caricatures of humanity about me."

- H.G. Wells, The Island of Doctor Moreau

I think that your proposition with regards to the prayer skill is interesting. I agree that, unless you've the member benefits of things such as the Ectofuntus, prayer is a slow and tedious skill to train, and that at some point an update which rectifies this would be nice, if unlikely.

There has to be some way for this skill to be fun again i'm all open ti ideas everyone?

Sonic9.png

I completely agree, mindlessly burying bones isn't fun for most players. However one of the appeals of prayer is that its difficult to train, people with high levels of prayer could potentially feel 'cheated' if a new, easier way of training prayer was implemented.

With summoning Jagex could introduce a 'sacrifice' system in which you could summon an animal and then sacrifice it to the gods in return for prayer points, and of course the sacrifice can't be gory it should be something along the lines of the animal transforming into light and then disappearing.

Another fun feature would be the ability to 'choose a path' at the start of the game (of course you will be able to change this path for a certain amount of money) and you will get different mini-quests based on the path you choose.

qTLQRuS.png

I completely agree, mindlessly burying bones isn't fun for most players. However one of the appeals of prayer is that its difficult to train, people with high levels of prayer could potentially feel 'cheated' if a new, easier way of training prayer was implemented.

With summoning Jagex could introduce a 'sacrifice' system in which you could summon an animal and then sacrifice it to the gods in return for prayer points, and of course the sacrifice can't be gory it should be something along the lines of the animal transforming into light and then disappearing.

Another fun feature would be the ability to 'choose a path' at the start of the game (of course you will be able to change this path for a certain amount of money) and you will get different mini-quests based on the path you choose.

I agree with about that but what about the f2p players I think there should be something for them too.

Sonic9.png

• 3 weeks later...

I agree with about that but what about the f2p players I think there should be something for them too.

Why?

Plenty of ways to train Prayer in P2P, join us, we have cookies!