Celestial surgebox and PVP questions

MotherBrainII

How does the Celestial Surgebox work in PVP? More specifically:

1) Are charges conserved on death, allowing one to carry fire surge risk-free if using a fire staff?

2) Can the runes stored in the box be taken out, or are the charges there for good once put in (until used)?

3) Does the critical hit ability work the same way in PVP as in PVM, and if not, how does it work? I've read conflicting information on this, so please only answer if you've actually used the surgebox or seen it in use.

I can answer 3)

PvM : The critical hit triggers on the 5th attack on the monster. Changing before the 5th attack will nullify this.

PvP : The critical hit triggers randomly.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

It's every fifth hit you get a 25% bonus hit, but you won't get the bonus hit if you eat, drink potion, move, etc. You have to stay completely still. Kinda useless for pvp.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

It's every fifth hit you get a 25% bonus hit, but you won't get the bonus hit if you eat, drink potion, move, etc. You have to stay completely still. Kinda useless for pvp.

Stay still? then it's useless for wyrms aswell...(as you'd never stay still there, you have to run near walls there)

For the second question, you can put runes in and out, and charge however many you wish, but the runes dont count as normal runes, but can only be used for those particular spells(you can't use an air rune from the box to tele to varrock, for example).

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

Stay still? then it's useless for wyrms aswell...(as you'd never stay still there, you have to run near walls there)

For the second question, you can put runes in and out, and charge however many you wish, but the runes dont count as normal runes, but can only be used for those particular spells(you can't use an air rune from the box to tele to varrock, for example).

Can the runes stored in the box be saved by using staff of light and/or battle robes?

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

False

Eating food WILL stop it, however, you can move around and drink potions. The ONLY thing that effects the bonus hit is if you're able to keep the same speed of casting going until the 5th hit.

As long as I keep casting at the right time, I can click to move or drink a potion after every spell and it works.

As for on players...moving around, eating, drinking has NO effect whatsoever, as the bonus hit is random, with a 1/5 chance of activating.

If you loose the surge box, you loose all the runes, if you keep the surge box, you keep all the runes.

The runes can be removed at any time you want them to be.

The effects of items like SOL, and Battle Robes DOES work with the runes in the surgebox.

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

Thanks for the info, Izen. Again, we seem to have conflicting information regarding the effect in PVP. Have any of you actually used the surgebox?

If possible, I'd appreciate a video of it (or the magical blastbox, since I assume that works the same way) in action.