Abyss Guide - Oh sweet sweet Abyss. [V2]

Karolismatul

Bring a ring of life instead, I nearly got Pked, they poisoned me, but I escaped wit hthe ring. I dropped the glory amulet and waited for the poison to kill me. I walked over to my amulet after I died and picked it up

kolsig20kl.png

I've stopped playing RuneScape. KoL's better.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest anbuwolffy
excellent guide!

But why take ectophial? Elfen crystal is the best if you have it imho! You can hold more than 1 in your bank, has more charges, is closer to a bank,...

:)

with the electopial you just refill it and tele back with a glory easily.

it does have only one charge but you recharge it right next to where you tele and its free makes it more convienient than the elfen crystal since you need a bit of gp (getting it from the bank takes time) and you have to go and pray that the roving elves are there. either way as long as just use one slot for the tele method, you'll be fine

• 4 months later...

well now that we have houses, try this:

1. make a quest hall in your house and hang up a glory amulet

2. bring house teleport tablets/runes instead of ectophial

3. craft your runes, teleport to house, rub glory amulet on the wall (unlimited glory teleports while it's on the wall pl0x :shock: ), bank at edgeville, repeat

at what lvl will what monster not auto attack you?

Best/latest drop list:

Rune: 18th of june 2006 [scimmy]

Other: 6th of June 2006 [3 half keys, T]

26th of june 2006 [yellow mystic hat]

untitled6kv7.gif

There's a new, safer way to use the Abyss with level 40 Magic and level 47 (45 with tea) Construction. Just bring a house teleport (1 Law, 1 Earth, 1 Air OR 1 Law, 1 Dust OR use a staff + Law) and teleport to your house after crafting, then use your mounted glory amulet to go back to Edgeville.

Pros:

1. No more worrying about PKers. They kill you? All you lose is your pure essence and laws. This means no more Ectophial needed.

2. You never have to recharge amulets at the Heroes' Guild - and you don't even need 25, just 1!

Cons:

1. House teleport takes up 3 spaces with earth and air. However, with a dust rune or a staff the number of spaces goes down to 2 (remember no staffs at Law altar). IF you can find some House teleport tablets, then it only takes up 1 space!

Other speed options:

Mark on map the spots you appear inside the abyss. I believe it's 1 of 3 locations.

Run at all times. I use super-energy potions (really easy to gather mushrooms to make thanks to altar and kharyll teleport in my house). You'll use about 9 (4) dose potions an hour. Yes, you can get upto 40 trips an hour if you're effecient

If you're above 75 rc and using the Giant pouch, it may be more efficient to not use small pouch, and to only use 49 ess total (24 in pouches, 25 in inventory). The reason is you only need to bank twice and craft twice. Using all pouches and max ess, you get 54 ess but you have to bank three times and craft three times per trip.

If you're not sure, do an hour trial run with just 4 pouches, then one hour with 3 largest pouches. See if you're crafting more runes with the second method.

nukemarine.png

Learn how to Learn Japanese on your own - Nukemarine's Suggested Guide for Beginners in Japanese
Stop Forgetting Stuff for College and Life - Anki - a program which makes remembering things easy
Reach Elite Fitness - CrossFit

Very good, but I disagree with ONE small detail.

I suggest using a lleta teleport crystal, if you can use it, rather than an ectophial. If by chance you get both bound and teleblocked, (While not looking or something) and you have the ectophial on you, it's a huge pain to get another, and you can only have one at a time.

With the teleport crystals, you can have more than one of them at a time. Plus, they're pretty easy to get drops from killing elves there. There's a small recharge fee, but it's way worth it if you have around 50 like I do. Of course they've still got that one click teleport.

So if you've got access to them, (Having done/started mourner's end... one or two) Use the teleport crystals.