Hegemony

archimage_a

Well you know, Japan doesn't HAVE to pay it, and if they got into a war with Indonesia, it would be interesting.

Yes, shall we end the game in the first turn? :rolleyes:

Sure, why not.

• Replies 835
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think, by now, we should be able to get into a war and win a gain (maybe an island, or monetary reparations + prestige) without going bonkers and?

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

"I respect Japan as a technological brethren. You see Jan, if he is going to get punished for what he did, he will not be happy about it and only worse consequences will occur, that is not to say that not punishing him is the way forward, as he may continue. Indonesia has been kind and reduced the price of the fine by quite a bit, but he is still being rude about it, what I want to see happen is for Japan and Indonesia to be polite towards eachother and for Indonesia to say sorry for their remarks, and Japan to actually pay the money."

It's a REALLY big shaft.

I didn't catch fire, I used the can of hairspray as a flamethrower and pointed it at my arm.

how are you going to ignore my posts when I'm offering to let you live as my vassal in two weeks time?

"I respect Japan as a technological brethren. You see Jan, if he is going to get punished for what he did, he will not be happy about it and only worse consequences will occur, that is not to say that not punishing him is the way forward, as he may continue. Indonesia has been kind and reduced the price of the fine by quite a bit, but he is still being rude about it, what I want to see happen is for Japan and Indonesia to be polite towards eachother and for Indonesia to say sorry for their remarks, and Japan to actually pay the money."

"How the hell did you get my personal phone number?"

LNYvk.png

And nothing, it was just a typo caused by my rambling. :)

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

IC: Brazil proposes a compromise:

Japan: Apoligizes deeply and humbly for their actions but doesn't pay any money

Indonesia: Looks smug and doesn't need any money

OOC: FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT

Jan - Wikipedia

Rocco - Then Japan shouldn't have to pay.

It's a REALLY big shaft.

I didn't catch fire, I used the can of hairspray as a flamethrower and pointed it at my arm.

how are you going to ignore my posts when I'm offering to let you live as my vassal in two weeks time?

Please, neither of us have sufficient forces and we both know it.

It seems that Archi is treating ships as constructed by now, because I think he allowed me to use my carrier group to give aid to the Chinese.

And minor skirmishes is a perfect oppertunity for me to step in and bring WORLD PEACE!

Dunno, Retech, Grim and I haven't really eff'd stuff.

Also I exclude Paul cause so far he hasn't posted much and Dusty cause we all know what Dusty really is planning.

It's a REALLY big shaft.

Have fun. :)

We'll make sure no one screws with Indonesia overnight. :P

I pray nobody in hegemony ever goes into politics. Within a week we'd probably have a Nuclear fallout.

You're not the first to say that, nor do I think you are among the the first five.

*Secretly assassinates the Indonesian ruler.*

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

I pray nobody in hegemony ever goes into politics. Within a week we'd probably have a Nuclear fallout.

You're not the first to say that, nor do I think you are among the the first five.

It's a pretty well accepted fact that Tavernites should not hold public (or private) office. The whole "May god have mercy upon mine enemies for I shall have none" attitude is really nonconstructive to peaceful discussion.

South Africa starts trade discussions between Mozambique and Namibia to facilitate freer trade between our great nations.

LNYvk.png

Dunno, Retech, Grim and I haven't really eff'd stuff.

Also I exclude Paul cause so far he hasn't posted much and Dusty cause we all know what Dusty really is planning.

Still working on teleportation technology under Berlin.

The sour dough of the epitmous pie hungers for another's sweet lips to be dulled into a state of most irreverant humbleness

TUBULAR BELLS!

Now you're thinking with portals.

It's a REALLY big shaft.

China:

The Emperor has lapsed into a coma, his second in command has agreed to all demands except for the Repubic of China and ended the war in Asia. The war with the Republic of China has been put on hold.

Korean War:

South Korea, with American assistance, has repelled most of the invasion, pushing North Korea back a few miles. North Korea have threatened the use of nuclear weapons agains the Continental United States if they do not surrender immediately.

Brazil:

Once against Brazilian attempts at Hegemony in South America have left it as a laughing stock. This time the attempt was to get South American governments to put all their road signs in Brazilian. As an incentive to this Brazil offered a sizable portion of investment for all participating Governments. Bolivia, who told Brazil to get stuffed last year, is earning itself a name as a country that doesn't take crap from anyone(+3 World Presence), told reporters that Brazil only wanted the signposts in Brazilian so that their tanks would know which way to roll, a call echoed by Argentina and France, who waded in to support their state of French Guiana.

Columbia fully agreed to the reforms and Brazil invested $42,466,350,000 for an additional 6%.

In the growing storm Brazil began a huge campaign against Bolivian Poverty, citing Bolivian freeze on investment as the number one cause of poverty in Bolivia. This backfired slightly as Brazil controls 26% of the Industry in Bolivia, and they are paying below the poverty line. Brazilian Government spokespeople said that this was designed to prevent destroying local Industry, and implemented a minimum wage of $500 a month in Brazilian Factories (increase of 500%) and called on Bolivia to do the same(+2 Moral, in exchange for a 1% tax increase in Brazil(Can be vetoed by Retech with just a slap on the wrist penalty)).

Switzerland, which had been waiting in the wings, hammered out a deal with Bolivia for 20 Billion Dollars, subsidising wages and agreeing to assist series of reforms to help bring Bolivia into the modern world(+2% Growth).

Brazil holds the trial on Dr Pala, and the records are sealed. Though international reporters noted that Indonesian Envoys stormed out during the trial.

Brazilian appeals for a redeclaration of Human Rights went unheeded in Asia.

Japan:

Tokyo has been BOMBED!

Or more specifically, at 0900, on the 24th of January, 2015, Five Intercontinental Ballistic Missiles(or 1 ICBM and 4 Submarine Launched Ballistic Missiles if you want to be accurate) rained from the sky with high explosive warheads, destroying many skyscrapers, roads and factories. Shortly afterward another four, and then another four, and another four, and another four, then three...and then only the cries of children, the lick of flames and the blare of car alarms that would never be silenced by their owners again.

Japan had only 11 minutes to prepare for what looked like a single ICBM, aimed somewhere near the capital city. Just four minutes before impact another four missiles appeared, fired from the sea.

Evacuation procedures were initiated, but were largely ineffective due to it being in the middle of the morning rush hour.

Japanese Aircraft took off to intercept submarines just after the first ICBMs hit, and managed to bomb two of them before the missile attack ended. One of the subs explosively decompressed, while the other went in circles after a bomb hit the rudder. Japanese pilots showed great restraint in not bombing the wounded vessel.

There was also a dogfight over the Indonesian Aircraft Carrier Invincible, deployed to protect the Submarines on their return back to Indonesia. Seventeen Japanese F-16s were shot down, compared to seven Indonesian Harriers. While the F-16s fought more skillfully (46 Prestige), they were equipped mainly with bombs, not rockets, giving the Harriers the advantage there. The bombing runs on the Invincible scored three takeoff kills, and destroyed the comms tower- At the end of the battle Navigation homeward was directed from the Engine Room.

When the fuel gauges showed red the Japanese broke off, rather than send in the fuel tankers for in air refueling, for obvious reasons, allowing the Invincible and the two subs to limp away, back to the relative safety of Indonesia.

Japanese people are outraged by Indonesia's brazen attack on the homeland with no good reason and are demanding vengeance. The Japanese Prime-Minister has made the announcement that 'As of Nine AM this Morning a State of War has existed between our Great Nation of Japan...and Indonesia.'

The total/near total destruction of Tokyo will likely have many affects on the coming years.

America has given orders to pull out of Japan, which was started by some companies, but not all, resulting in -5% growth for the next 2 resets.

After the bombings the rest of the American Industries rapidly pulled out, resulting in another -5% growth for the next 2 resets.

IE -10% overall, with a net of -7.60%.

And reduced Japanese Economic Mobility by 5.

However, sales of factories in Japan have netted 300 Billion Dollars, which could be reinvested to cut the growth decline to just -2%(net of .6) this reset and -5%(net of -2.6) next reset.

South Africa:

Continues to groove on.

Indonesia:

Indonesia's top strategists have been preparing for a possible Japanese Invasion, and so have set up vast defensive infrastructure within the country, based on what Japan is likely to do next. The Army has also swelled by 250,000 men, which had caused some friction with the population, until War was declared.

The attack went off without a hitch, with Indonesian Subs stealth attacking, while the Invincible was supposedly conducting training maneuvers, allowing for complete surprise to be achieved.

Once the payload had been launched the Indonesians began to retreat, but two Submarines were destroyed by Japanese aircraft, and the Flagship Aircraft Carrier Invincible was damaged, requiring a 100 Million dollar refit and a year in drydock. Seven Harriers were also lost during the attack.

Indonesian Industries also donated 20 Billion to the Indonesian Government after it emerged that Japan had given 60 Billion to curry favour. Indonesian's have instead invested it in themselves, +1% Growth.

Indonesia also showed it was a modern power by announcing on You-tube that it was at war with Japan.

[hide]

(Yeah, finding an 'I declare war video is harder than you think')

[/hide]

Germany:

The GASP has been set up, with an aim to reaching Mars within 15 years.

German Industry have yet to invest more than 5 Million in the project, due to limited commercial applications.

Europe is slightly annoyed with Germany for promising Bio-fuel research when it is still 22 years away from being any better than anyone else's. Though France, Britain and Russia have all committed to reducing Carbon Units...whether they will or not is another matter.

America

The nationalisation of Japanese factories has caused massive uproar, with riots stretching across the West Coast. In many instances the Japanese owners had been working their way up since the end WWII, and many see a return to internment and the violence of that era as the next step. While it is true that some of the Japanese factories were brought up very quickly, others were taken over and more or less stripped of assets, this has had the effect of reducing growth by 3%.

There was, initially, much distress and anger about pulling out of the very good markets of Japan, which resulted in -9% growth, however, after the bombing of Tokyo, the American companies saw the logic and analysts say that selling earlier, when prices were higher saved hundreds of billions of dollars, resulting in only a -4% reduction in growth, so -7% gross and -4.6% net.

This has made many Japanese Americans suspect that America knew of the attacks in advance and did nothing to stop them, and the Japanese Americans are not alone, with many prominent figures speaking in their support...a real armada storm is brewing, particularly in Western America.

On top of this the supply of many Japanese electronics products have been replaced with substandard American products, which is annoying everyone except American business owners, and smugglers, which have seen a huge rise...and following them is Organised Crime.

Switzerland:

Has invested 20 Billion Dollars in Bolivia, taking a 51% share of the Industry in the country.

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

Trol, may I request your aid, I followed your instructions, times six, I can refer to a donation to various Indonesian businesses, totaling 60 billion USD, under the name of 290494 (April 29th, 1994). Archi can confirm that.

Sadly I have no military might whatsoever since you cancelled my deal.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

If that's the only effect, then I will do that increase in minimum wage.

Brazil releases a statement:

"We have only tried to help the people of South America, to use our wealth to uplift our people and make the continent take its place on the world stage. However, Bolivia has reacted stubbornly and we do not wish to use military force to meet our goals, when war would only hurt all of us. We will only use our power to help another when they ask for it, not when it is right only for us. As a result, we are pulling all of our investment from Bolivia. We apoligize for the harm this might have on Bolivians, but the government that is in power has made it clear that our investment is not wanted. However, we will not tolerate further foreign intervention in the affairs of South America (aside from whatever the swiss have going in Bolivia)."

PS: Our request for street signs were making the stick figures on the signs more compatible, as most signs don't require words to be used.

-----

The money left over from the investment fund + the stuff we pulled out of Bolivia is offered to Columbia, if they want it to be invested in their country.

-----

Brazil requests that Indonesia fire at large military bases instead of major cities in the future. :)

I tell Europe, I mean because of the new hydroponic towers, that are coming in the near future, I would begin to have a lot more regular biofuel that I could give to countries that participate in the green movement.

I claim Indonesia's use of nukes on a highly populated city is one of the worst acts of war ever seen in human history, if another nuke is used, Germany will step in.

Also does the budget reset every day? Or every 7 days?

I pay the rest of the money required for a hydroponic tower, this should pretty much use most of my remaining budget.

I give a talk on GASP (In Germany, not with the rest of the world) telling them that the industrial use of space missions. I say, in the future, people will look to the stars for the answer, we will be the first one there, so they will look at Germany for the answer! We don't know what hides in the stars, hidden secrets of space, unlocked by us! Also, how do you not benefit from this industry? Someone has to make the shuttle that will be sent into space, and it doesn't come cheaply. Another, research that goes into space shuttles, are not all different from technology we see in everyday use.

France, Britain and Russia are commerated for their green movement, and I promise barrels of biofuel for them until the movement is complete!

It's a REALLY big shaft.

Well theoretically, they weren't actually nuclear weapons.

More jamming huge amounts of explosives in warheads that nuclear weapons would usually be put in.\

---

I think that if anyone is planning to intervene in the war, it would be better to do it before more lives were lost, rather than later after the war is over and it is all about kicking someone when they are down.