Best magic/melee def in f2p?

Wkw

I'm not 100% sure what I should use in fist of guthix. My current setup is pretty fine, and with the 80% bot populaiton I've yet to loose a game.

What would be the best magic defense? Wearing green dhide top and bottom and praying magic prayer, or using monk robe top and bottom and praying magic prayer?

Likewise with melee. Would rune be the best, with melee prayer, or monk robes with prayer?

Also, does the +15% def prayer boost your def against magic at all?

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

Defense doesnt really matter in the centre as it is lowered, focus on attack, mask of dragith nurn ftw ^^,

My lame drops:
6 Effigys
1 D Med - 1 D Dagger
1 Verac's Helmet - 1 Guthan's Platebody

Green dhide coif has +4 range attack, mask has lower. I range 90% of my targets. I just want to be able to last longest in the middle

Tough question, if you're tanking 40% of the hits using prayer, then prayer boosting kit will keep the prayer up for longer, but the right kind of armour will lower the hits.

I guess if your life points run out before prayer, then go for defence armor, or possibly stack the 15% defence prayer, but that will DOUBLE the drain rate!

If prayer runs out first, then maybe it's time to try monk robes, holy symbol.

The Lumbridge ring is a given, of course, it's only 1 plus point, but there is nothing else worth equipping there in F2P.

PS. Bots in FoG?

The FoG worlds, or other worlds, and what are the bot hunter/hunted tactics?

Only f2p worlds with people playing fog are 20 and 25.

When bots are hunted, they take the orb and tele to the middle, and heal whenever their health get low.

When they are hunters, they find you via the arrow (sometimes not at all) and proceed to mage you. Easy to tell if they are bots because they don't go all "WTF JUST LET ME MAGE YOU NOOB!11!" when you trap them on rocks :P

They also get trapped easy

Only f2p worlds with people playing fog are 20 and 25.

When bots are hunted, they take the orb and tele to the middle, and heal whenever their health get low.

When they are hunters, they find you via the arrow (sometimes not at all) and proceed to mage you. Easy to tell if they are bots because they don't go all "WTF JUST LET ME MAGE YOU NOOB!11!" when you trap them on rocks :P

They also get trapped easy

most people use the first method when being hunted, and a lot of people don't talk to people during fog (including me)..