Okay you Efficieonados ...

Blyaunte

You don't need the range helm if you're melee'ing. The cannons accuracy is determined by your highest accuracy stat (which is melee) and the damage boost doesn't apply at all. Hence your cannon will be more accurate with the melee helm.

witchynosaur.png

Armadyl Drops : 4 Hilts; 3 Chestplates; 2 Chainskirts; 1 Helmet; 1 Buckler; 2 Shard 1; 2 Shard 2; 1 Shard 3

Nex : 1 Zaryte Bow

Kalphite King : 1 Drygore Rapier ; 1 Drygore Longsword : 1 Drygore Offhand Rapier : 1 Drygore Offhand Longsword

Efficionados

I think you may have just created the perfect word for a potential new forum that is under discussion.

TY! curtsey.gif

For that matter (for the sake of argument) would possibly one of those new "clan" forums that Jagex is providing be a useful jumping block?

Also - for camping black demons I have a mini-guide to it in EffigyScape in the AoW.

Thanks, I will look it up! :thumbup:

I would personally recommend slayer to achieve all of your goals. (Summoning, range xp & agility) however if you are vehemently opposed to wanting to slay, black demons are the best option for all 3 criteria.

Thanks for your help.

<3:

nyuseg.png

I spent the bxpw working on getting 99 Herblore and, well, to be honest, since "grinding" that one out over a weekend, I am pretty much tired of "grinding" ...

So, I've got three (3) skills I want to get DONE and OVER with to 99, namely:

Agility is currently 97 - 140k+ to 98.

Summoning is 97 - 914k +/- to 98.

Range is 98 - 940k +/- to 99.

I'd like some advice on "efficient" training methods to get these damn skills over and done with.

Oh and BTW -- my Hati gloves are still at 14% -- so "yes" I could use them on Range.

Poo -- should've included my stats:

blyaunte.png

If you dont like training agility/summon/range you could always just effigy train to 99 IF combat is what you mainly enjoy like myself

pure got it. You can gather charms & effigies through ranged, using effigies on agility. Black demons would be good for this, either melee + cannon or ranged safespot, both in Taverly.

1m ranged xp = ~20 hrs of black demons (melee + cannon) = ~12 effigies and ~2400 crimson charms. 2400 crims is about 1m xp, 12 effigies is 11250 xp in agility and summoning each + lamps @ 45k xp each or so. Which is 135k xp in agility and summoning + 540k agility xp in lamps.

You then need about half a million more agility xp and 800k or so summoning xp, so I guess you can just continue the effigy approach and get some more ranged xp beyond 99.

This

Yak the ashes and you will profit

Levon.png Bladewing.png

It's great you know what you're talking about rustiod. Everything you've said is 100% accurate a true.

That being said...your a [bleep]ing [bleep] douchebag, and none of your advice will ever (or should ever) be taken seriously because of it.

disregard good advice because the giver is a douche

THAT MAKES YOU A BETTER PERSON

It's been mentioned in passing, but just to state outright, you should fill your yak with a mix of prayer and summoning potions, assuming you plan to yak the ashes to your bank. If you have tons of cash from merchanting and/or boss hunting maybe you'll want to skip taking the ashes, since it will slow your experience rates, but it should be well over a million an hour (not counting the cost of the cannonballs). Not the best available as a targeted moneymaker, but as a side benefit to your real purpose it's not bad. A dose of summoning potion restores about 1.5 winter storage scrolls worth of special, so using a full summoning potion + 6 scrolls to bank 6 ashes earns you around 20k. Of course, due to natural restore rate, you're not actually paying a sixth of a summoning potion for every scroll you yak home. The exact ratio of prayer to summoning potions will vary somewhat depending on your final equipment layout, but last time I cannon-slew some black demons, I used more summoning than prayer potions.

As previously stated, the cannon's accuracy is based on whichever equipment accuracy bonus is your highest. If you'll be using a whip instead of a chaotic rapier, the dragon defender's combined accuracy bonus for both your melee and cannon hits could outweigh the +6 strength you'd be getting from going with the deflector. I haven't previously seen DPS calculations that take a melee + cannon combination into account, but perhaps someone around here has them?

Alphanos

Alphanos.png

Other than the black demons I'm not sure if chinning nechs is still worth it? I know when the new ashes first came out alot of people were heading over to em. But if they are still decent you can get some decent ranged exp as well as a nice amount of crimson charms for summoning.

Da_bomb350z.png

Nechs are good, but less effigies than black demons, and ranged is going to max before 99 agility anyway, so yeah.

Summoning potions are less worth it than they were due to the prices, but you can still use them and profit a little more.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Nechs are good, but less effigies than black demons, and ranged is going to max before 99 agility anyway, so yeah.

Summoning potions are less worth it than they were due to the prices, but you can still use them and profit a little more.

Even with summoning potion prices being fairly high at the moment, each dose still lets you bank ashes worth around 4x its cost.

Alphanos

Alphanos.png

Yes, and for each ash you have to right-click to pick up, drink a summoning pot, withdraw more summoning pots etc. which reduces kills/hr (the ashes update dropped it from 300 to 275, reasonably) You will profit more with summoning potions but they used to be only a few hundred gp per dose.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Thanks guys -- Vex's mini-guide in "Effigyscape" sets out a lot of the stuff you guys are talking about.

I like the idea of yakking the ashes. Not because I might "make" money, but mainly because I will loose a lot less that way.

I don't mind the slower kill rate -- it's still better than grinding out more cycles on an agility course.

Thanks to everyone for all your insights so far!

<3:

nyuseg.png