Okay you Efficieonados ...

Blyaunte

I spent the bxpw working on getting 99 Herblore and, well, to be honest, since "grinding" that one out over a weekend, I am pretty much tired of "grinding" ...

So, I've got three (3) skills I want to get DONE and OVER with to 99, namely:

Agility is currently 97 - 140k+ to 98.

Summoning is 97 - 914k +/- to 98.

Range is 98 - 940k +/- to 99.

I'd like some advice on "efficient" training methods to get these damn skills over and done with.

Oh and BTW -- my Hati gloves are still at 14% -- so "yes" I could use them on Range.

Poo -- should've included my stats:

blyaunte.png

nyuseg.png

Don't know about summoning or agility. But if I were you I'd effie my way to 99 agility and combine a way for charms that would take your ranged to 99 as well.

With ranged tho I'd say the most efficient would be to get it with other skills that you'd do anyhow, cause you are pretty close and it really is an easy enough skill to lvl that IMO you should specially level on its own.

Examples:

kill black demons with cannon + melee, or cannon + ranged for some of your charms

cannon everything you possibly can while slaying

if u need money for prayer or such - kill frosties cannon + melee or cannon + ranged

Even when you do just one of those 3 things, the xp will stack up rather quickly, I did a combination of those for my ranged 99.

Ofc, you can chin nechs or zombies at CT for even quicker ranged xp + some charms.

Purekilljoy.png

pure got it. You can gather charms & effigies through ranged, using effigies on agility. Black demons would be good for this, either melee + cannon or ranged safespot, both in Taverly.

1m ranged xp = ~20 hrs of black demons (melee + cannon) = ~12 effigies and ~2400 crimson charms. 2400 crims is about 1m xp, 12 effigies is 11250 xp in agility and summoning each + lamps @ 45k xp each or so. Which is 135k xp in agility and summoning + 540k agility xp in lamps.

You then need about half a million more agility xp and 800k or so summoning xp, so I guess you can just continue the effigy approach and get some more ranged xp beyond 99.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Wow guys - these are good ideas.

How busy ARE black demons these days?

I suspect you mean the Cave Crawlers in the desert dungeon?

Oh heck -- I still need to do that "mini-quest" -- I totally forgot about THAT ... <_<

nyuseg.png

Black demons are not as crowded as they were just after the ashes update, but you can expect 1-2 noobs/newbs per world. Ask them to take the south spot behind the large pillar and you should be fine.

Crawlers would be better at higher incomes, but you're talking pro Nex incomes here.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

You might also consider slaying with a cannon. It won't be as fast as just camping black demons, but if you ever plan on 99 slayer it WILL get you 99 ranged and summoning, and agility as well if you choose to use your effigies on it. It's also a little less grindy (in my opinion) to do a variety of monsters rather than sitting at black demons for 20+ hours. If you don't plan on 99 slayer then obviously don't bother with it.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

Everything said pretty much covers your best options. Nechs were given only a small mention but chinning them with a yak to bank the ashes is over a mil gp/hr and very decent crimson charms as well as ~190 k range exp/hr. Bladewing (may he rest in peace) made a good guide about it in the general guides section of these forums. Not fantastic for effigies though.

Is there a reason you want to get 99 agility outside of the cape and the additional 2 seconds shaved off of your run energy recharge rate from 0 to 100? If not I would recommend just waiting until your burnout from grinding is over and grab a master penance horn to do your advanced courses. If anything that frees up your effigies for use on other skills like rc that are slow to train or dump the 540 k exp from lamps (with the black demon method) into summoning to leave you with only 260 k summoning exp to go.

Hope that helped.

witchynosaur.png

Armadyl Drops : 4 Hilts; 3 Chestplates; 2 Chainskirts; 1 Helmet; 1 Buckler; 2 Shard 1; 2 Shard 2; 1 Shard 3

Nex : 1 Zaryte Bow

Kalphite King : 1 Drygore Rapier ; 1 Drygore Longsword : 1 Drygore Offhand Rapier : 1 Drygore Offhand Longsword

I've been sitting at 97 agility for over a year -- I just want to get it "out of the way" ...

Black demons is looking really like my best option here, I think. I like the idea of gaining the charms I need.

What gear do you suggest I take along for this? Do I use Extremes? Pray? Keep in mind I got my choice of any armour, short of Nex gear and Elysian/Divine shields ...

Do I use a Yak and bank ashes as I go along? I've got an SGS and/or EEE for healing as well.

nyuseg.png

I wouldn't bother banking ashes unless you are in dire need of cash. (thats just my opinion, cause I'm a bit lazy) If u care for pray xp, grab urns, if not, just let them stay on the ground.

At your levels there's prob 2 options as far as gear goes:

1. Highest melee def + extremes and pray pots - you can turm then if you choose to, will speed up the kills (dont know exact figures only spend time down there for slay tasks) but at the same you will be losing some time when going to get new pray pots (yak filled with pray pots is an option, but you would need 2-3 pouches as well because you wont be burning through prayer as much)

With that set up you'd be soulsplitting when you get hit at thats pretty much it

2. Get your near highest pray boosting (around 17-20 will suffice if u wanna throw in some equipment for str bonuses), grab extremes and a lot of pray pots. just deflect melee and turmoil or turmoil flick as you see fit. EDIT: forgot - grab your EEE just in case as well :)

Personally I've always gone with pray boosting, because for one I dont have pray, and second, it's a bit lazier, just fill the cannon every once in a while, pick up charms, drink pots and watch tv. But with melee boosting gear you'd have to keep an eye on your hp etc etc. In terms of kp/h over long haul melee gear will probably be better tho.

There is a 3rd option which would be cannoning + safespotting them using rune darts/knives for max ranged xp p/h, but I don't reccomend it, cause getting charms will be a pain. Running out of the safespot, getting hit by demons, resafespot, etc etc.

Purekilljoy.png

I believe your best bet is full elite void with deflector and barrows gloves with a rapier, zerker (i), fury, d boots, and fire cape. Pray deflect melee and turmoil, and use overloads. Yak the ashes you can, probably won't get them all- might be worth bringing some summoning pots, but with how fast the kills are you might find you spend more time chugging them than killing. Use claws for specs- if you want to be super efficient about it bring a void gloves switch for speccing.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Yeah - I think I'm pretty much married to the idea of cannoning + melee.

If I go with my Bandos gear -- I'd get *some* prayer bonus -- but it seems you're suggesting I should go with Initiate Armour and, say, my Fally Shield 4, right?

Nietz helm, fury, fire cape and d boots would give me a decent strength bonus too. I assume a whip is my best choice, as I'm not high enough dunge for a chaotic weapon.

Take a pile of (super?) prayer pots and pray deflect melee.

Hmmm - how many cannonballs, I wonder?

edit:

I believe your best bet is full elite void with deflector and barrows gloves with a rapier, zerker (i), fury, d boots, and fire cape. Pray deflect melee and turmoil, and use overloads. Yak the ashes you can, probably won't get them all- might be worth bringing some summoning pots, but with how fast the kills are you might find you spend more time chugging them than killing. Use claws for specs- if you want to be super efficient about it bring a void gloves switch for speccing.

Okay - I don't have the deflector or the rapier. The other gear I got.

Not sure what you mean by "but with how fast the kills are you might find you spend more time chugging them than killing ..."

nyuseg.png

Nononono don't go in initiate or anything like that. Void. It has quite a respectable prayer bonus (assuming you have elite), and is the best melee DPS in the game hands down.

Banking is quick enough that I wouldn't consider super prayers. You'd almost certainly waste more time grinding the wyvern bones than you would banking at black demons slightly more often, the bank is close.

Edit to your edit: No deflector is fine, use ddef instead. I'd consider getting a deflector though, seeing as you'll be doing this for over 20 hours and the deflector will definitely help.

No rapier is going to be... bad. Whip's a lot worse, so your kill rate is not going to be what's been projected. It'll also negatively affect your cannon accuracy. The method's still worth doing, but... I'd REALLY consider getting a rapier before embarking on something like this. It's a tool you will use for the rest of your RS career.

Nononono don't go in initiate or anything like that. Void. It has quite a respectable prayer bonus (assuming you have elite), and is the best melee DPS in the game hands down.

Banking is quick enough that I wouldn't consider super prayers. You'd almost certainly waste more time grinding the wyvern bones than you would banking at black demons slightly more often, the bank is close.

Right -- bank at Fally and use the agility shortcuts, right?

nyuseg.png

lol i like the title

anyway, in general i like to look over rswiki's training recommendations. a LOT of them are terrible but it helps me get the big picture about what kind of xp/hr i should be expecting and where i should start looking.

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

lol i like the title

anyway, in general i like to look over rswiki's training recommendations. a LOT of them are terrible but it helps me get the big picture about what kind of xp/hr i should be expecting and where i should start looking.

On the topic of rswiki, I just HAD to bring this out that was a while ago when we were discussing c maul i think on H&A.

That's what Quyn had to say on rswiki:

Put it this way: the suggested way to kill black dragons mentioned a rune halberd.

Priceless!

Purekilljoy.png

Like I said in my post, most of rs wiki is junk. I'm just saying if you have no idea where to look it would be one starting point

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

lol i like the title

Thanks.

I always read over Wiki's recommendations before I go too far along and start asking questions. My only issue about Wiki is that it's not necessarily 100% "accurate" and, at times, downright apocryphal* ... :unsure:

Green:

ATM, I am 521 xp from 72 Dungeoneering. While I acknowledge that doing MORE dunge will enhance much of my future 'scaping, at the moment, I am having issues with training dunge -- mainly because each time I get into a diungeon with more than two people, my 5 year old computer throws a hissy fit and nearly passes out.

So I'm either stuck doing solo dungeons or not doing them at all.

------

*H2G2 reference* :shades:

nyuseg.png

The best gear for demons is void, defender or deflector. I honestly don't know whether +6 strength is worth the +13 stab/+12 slash loss, with cannon accuracy & the lack or not lack of the void set effect on claw specs also counting in. I just use my defender (and I have a deflector).

The best gear for demons is void, defender or deflector. I honestly don't know whether +6 strength is worth the +13 stab/+12 slash loss, with cannon accuracy & the lack or not lack of the void set effect on claw specs also counting in. I just use my defender (and I have a deflector).

Ok ... so ... um ... uh. :unsure:

Do I use the Void Melee helm or the Void Range Helm? Both?

I got the full "fricken" elite void set folks (except the deflector) -- including the gloves.

nyuseg.png

Well if you are meleeing I suggest the melee helmet. But if you were ranging, consider the mage helmet. Right?

Well if you are meleeing I suggest the melee helmet. But if you were ranging, consider the [mage] range helmet. Right?

I am considering doing melee + cannon. So it's a little of both, right?

Hence my confusion.

nyuseg.png

Efficionados

I think you may have just created the perfect word for a potential new forum that is under discussion.

Also - for camping black demons I have a mini-guide to it in EffigyScape in the AoW.

I would personally recommend slayer to achieve all of your goals. (Summoning, range xp & agility) however if you are vehemently opposed to wanting to slay, black demons are the best option for all 3 criteria.

qjDiz.png

http://www.[Caution! Jagex Rule Violation].com