Tip.it's Miscellaneous Patch Notes for July

Dire_Wolf

LIST HAS BEEN POSTED ON RSOF:

[qfc]185-186-611-62797426[/qfc]

Do you know of miscellaneous things that need fixes in Runescape? Suggest them here! Because of so many things needing fixes, let's please stick to Miscellaneous fixes only. I believe it's this category that's most important. So please don't suggest graphical, quests or tasks fixes. Distraction and Diversions can be made an exception.

List will be posted on RSOF for Jagex to read 20th May!

• Make it so you can travel to Lunar isle just by "Quick-travel" to Lunar isle, and not needing to talk to Captain at ship as well.
  • Left-click pickpocketing of npcs based on skill level.
  • Be able to buy "spell casts" (a set of runes for a spell) from Grand exchange.
  • Make it so you can edit your price offer for a item in Grand exchange.
  • Grand exchange calculate how many of a item you can buy with the coins in your inventory.
  • Allow Auto-casting Options for Mages to be flipped to requiring a right-click.
  • Ability for Stiles to only note just the fish we want him to.
  • Ability to make more Ceremonial Swords ("The Knight's Sword" Quest) after the quest is over.
  • Notify players when a Rare or unique item has been dropped (multi combat).
  • Make Isafdar traps sucess rate based on Agility.
  • Ability to combine Treasure trail Tophat with a monocle.
  • Be able to buy Stealing creation tools in bulks.
  • Make-X option not appear when your producing one item in Dungeoneering floors.
  • Don't drop logs during Dungeoneering floors when you can't make fire at a square.
  • Burn no salve eels fish and below at 99 Cooking.
  • Make all option (same as outside Dungeoneering) when producing items in Dungeoneering.
  • "Buy-kitten" option on Gertrude.
  • Right-click "Chase" option on cats and hellcats.
  • Be able to left-click attack any players in Wilderness independt of levels.
  • Anti-attack activated when in a Friends/Clan chat when PK-ing (means option to attack friends are removed).
  • Fix the xp reward in Fish Flingers (Lady outside guild says XP rewards increases as your skills increases).
  • Enable and allow more control over chatbox's transparency in Resizeable/FullScreen modes.
  • Enable and allow more control over color settings on the chatbox.
  • Be able to store items in Inventory onto Beast of Burden while in Combat.
  • Make all chairs in the RuneScape OverWorld that don't have NPC's already on them into Locations where people can sit.
  • Enable the ability to pick up your Canoe and carry it with you.
  • Enable the ability to watch as your character travels in a Canoe.
  • Enable the ability to make paddles to help your Canoe not sink when it reaches the other end.

• OPTIONAL: Restore the Lumby NPC Jobs
  • OPTIONAL: Left-click attacking of all monsters
  • OPTIONAL: Be able to buy items from Grand exchange without having to take out coins out of the bank. Example you buy a Abyssal whip, but you get -1M+ taken off from your bank.

I will send this list to Tip.it Admins in hopes of them being able to send it to Jagex.

I can't speak for Admins, but wouldn't it be better if you were to post the list on the RSOF when finished, rather than PM it to them? That way you'll have more overall feedback, and Jagex *theoretically* would look at it.

- Left click pickpocketing of NPCS based on Thieving lvl

How would you have this work in comparison with combat levels?

- Be able to buy "Spells casts" (a set of runes for X casts) from Grand exchange

Interesting, but do you think that many people would sell the runes in such combinations, and also bother to put them in "sets" though?

Considering the many spells (in general) there are, is it necessary to add such a set, even when spell tablets also exist?

- Make it so you can increase or decrease offer for a item, without having to cancel your Grand exchange offer.

Edit option! :thumbup:

ms_julie.png

jafjepediasig.jpg

angel2w.gif Tip.It Website Crew Leader

[hide=Quotes]

I love it how Jafje comes outa nowhere and answers my questions

Hehe now we know what real life does...drugs, drugs, more drugs. Thank god we are addicted to something that won't kill us.

[/hide]

@Jaffy1

I want just Jagex to read the list. I thought and hope that Admins of TIF might get more attention, but if Admins won't help me reach Jagex, then posting it on RSOF is what i will do.

Left-clicking npcs to pickpocket is something Jagex should decide. But if i could? I would suggest that you must be +2 or+5 Thieving levels higher to left-click.

Idea with buying spells from G.E is to buy the runes individually, but get it in form of "casts". So that you don't have to buy all runes individually, you can instead just buy "150 Fire surge casts".

And yes, edit option is good.

Hope the answers please you:) And remember to post suggestions for what can be fixed. I know alot more than what i have put up in list. I just don't remember them.

Yeah I don't think the relationship with fansites work in a way tht fansites can jsut spam jagex with emails of suggestions; thats the kinda thing that probably get us downgraded

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Yeah I don't think the relationship with fansites work in a way tht fansites can jsut spam jagex with emails of suggestions; thats the kinda thing that probably get us downgraded

That's fine. I will just post it on RSOF.

Hello, Dire_Wolf...

There is something that Jagex needs to do before they do anything more with RuneScape. In my opinion, that would be to:

• REVIVE FUNORB.COM!!!
    (Yes, there's an infernal amount that Jagex left undone/unhandled/out-of-sorts over there, and IMO it is really past time that they fixed that. If they ever do away with that nice site, I'll be extremely angry.)

Now, on the side of stuff for RuneScape, I'm about to get rant-grade due to all I've spotted since RSHD first came out. So, here is a list of some technical things that really need (read as "are beyond overdue for") fixing there:

• Unlink File I/O and Graphics Rendering
    (Seriously, this was stupid to let happen in the first place. Who didn't check their boundaries in RAM and such?)
  • Restore proper older DirectX 9 support
    (They don't have to render all the awesome on older cards, just allow the mode to work but not render what's outside a graphics card's capability.)
  • Restore proper older OpenGL support
    (Again, they don't have to render all the awesome on older cards, just allow the mode to work but not render what's outside a graphics card's capability.)
  • Better File Closes and Garbage Collection on exit of the RuneScape Java Applet
    (I know this is possible without crashing everything, because they used to be able to do it before on older systems!)
  • Enable and allow user-chosen configuration of Function Keys with the RuneScape Java Applet
    (This one's been a long time overdue, seeing as we've lost a lot of quick functions in-game that were very helpful, such as being able to hit something like "F8" to talk with Friends quickly...)
  • Restore functionality to the Middle Mouse Button!
    (Really, Jagex should never have removed how the Middle Mouse Button duplicated the functionality of the Left Mouse Button in the RuneScape Java Applet. However, since they have, I think they're long overdue with restoring and expanding that lost functionality with additional options.)
  • Enable and allow more control over chatbox's transparency in Resizeable/FullScreen modes
    (Seriously, that gradient is nothing but a major annoyance in a number of places. Jagex really should have provided more options with the chatbox already, such as solid transparency, in order to handle such.)
  • Enable and allow more control over color settings on the chatbox
    (Again, another major annoyance here. Put simply, "lack of transparency control + annoying locked blue normal chat color + lack of reasonable color options due to Jagex' assumptions = hard to read chat + severe headache to users", and is yet another situation that didn't have enough forethought put in. I'm really wishing Jagex would think ahead completely when they release features like these.)

Now, I'm not asking for the Sun, Moon, and Stars here. In the case of the Graphically-linked matters, I'm only listing these because I'm asking Jagex to at least allow what can work on older video cards and older systems to do so, and just not render the rest on those systems. I really don't mind if they want to have cool/awesome stuff for the newer systems and graphics cards, as long as it doesn't completely block/exclude older systems from being able to use the hardware-accelerated modes to a lesser extent. I'm not going to ask (or make, for that matter) them bend over backwards for older users, but I would at least like to see them have the competency as a company to not just dump users with older PCs off the back end of the Jagex bandwagon. In the case of the other things in this section, they're beyond long-overdue or were something that shouldn't have been eliminated/messed-up, and they really need to be worked on and completed now as well. :geek:

On the not-so-technical side, here are a list of some in-game elements that could use (or possibly just flat need) some adjustment and/or re-thinking...

• A few more Imps to kill
    (My apologies to Imp-Lovers, but there really just aren't enough of them in F2P to sound like the big annoyance they're touted to be. So a few more of them placed here and there would be very helpful in maintaining continuity in F2P's areas.)
  • Ability to replay old Quests
    (I know, there's all kinds of wacky issues that could happen here. Jagex is obviously going to have to take time to develop checks to prevent certain Quest-Related Things from happening before they're supposed to. The problem is, unless Jagex allows this, they're not really going to be able to properly show off their changes to Quests to those F2P/P2P who have already long since done them.)
  • Allow Auto-casting Options for Mages to be flipped to requiring a right-click
    (For some, being able to activate it immediately with a left-click is nice. However, for some such as myself, it is a mere hindrance. Why, you ask? We have a way of changing up spells we're using on the fly and/or interjecting other auto-castable spells in our stream of any single given auto-casted spell.)
  • Ability for Stiles to only note just the fish we want him to
    (Yes, I'm talking about that fish-note guy sitting South of the volcano at 'Musa Point, Karamja'... I've had a couple spots where I had a few uncooked Swordfish sitting alongside a large batch of cooked ones, and I really shouldn't have to resort to dropping stuff on the ground for a moment and/or wasting time unnecessarily to cook the rest before speaking with them.)
  • Ability to make more Ceremonial Swords ("The Knight's Sword" Quest) after the quest is over
    (This would be nice just for the purposes of costumes and decorative things, and IMO would be easy to do. Yeah, maybe have a check or two to stop annoying the Squire with, but beyond that shouldn't need too much extra.)
  • OPTIONAL: Restore the Lumby NPC Jobs
    (These seemed rather useful in the past, and really could use being given another chance in RuneScape.)
  • OPTIONAL: Allow F2P access to the Chaos RC Altar
    (Okay, I'm NOT going to be pushy with this one. However, us F2P'ers don't mind having to take the long road in, just as long as we can craft some of these for our chaos-rune-based spells. Yes, this would mean allowing Normal Rune Essence to work with this altar, but I really think that's a small price to allow F2P Mage to start becoming balanced against F2P Range/Melee. Heck, at least you wouldn't be giving F2P that shortcut for P2P!)
  • OPTIONAL: Re-think the positioning of the Al-Kharid side's starting area guards down by the boat to Daemonheim, and/or change the fog from the Lumby Swamp area to not cover the boat's location
    It just seems to me like something got mixed there that shouldn't have. Further, Daemonheim's distance to the wilderness really makes that area more dangerous than it seems. So, I think it would be useful to put an extra layer of protection between newbie RuneScape players and entry to Daemonheim, even if the hint was rather subtle.)
  • OPTIONAL: Ability to replay old Holiday Events
    (Like Quests, I know there would be a number of issues involved. So I think limiting this one ONLY to people that did the Event would be suitable here.)

Augh... sooo many things! This list goes on, but right now there are too many for me to recall all in one burst. I'll be sure to come back and post more once I trip over them. Until then, pardon me and my dizzy brain... :wacko:

~D. V. "You will have to read through the whole long-text-wall post, I can't do a 'tl;dr' version for you this time..." Devnull

(p.s.: Dire_Wolf, you might want to fix your signature to point at this thread...)

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

- Make it so you can travel to Lunar isle without having to go through the Fremrik pirate at docks and the Captain at ship.

Lunar teles. Astral teletabs.

Not everyone does GOP+ the fix is not related to a new Lunar teleport. It's just a request to make traveling to Lunar with ship easier.

I don't know about the imps suggestion because there are already a bunch of imps (along with lesser demons though) in the karamja resource dungeon.

There is? Ok, i will remove that from list. :thumbup:

OPTIONAL: Restore the Lumby NPC Jobs

I strongly disagree with this. Personally, I think these tutors (or whatever they were called) hanging around Lumbridge were among Jagex's most needless updates. Their tasks were only of use to new players in terms of the money they gave, but they were also incredibly monotonous and therefore gave an awful impression of the game to new players. For the rest of us, they just filled up the world map with pointless symbols. Definitely restoring them would be a mistake.

"Imagine yourself surrounded by the most horrible cripples and maniacs it is possible to conceive, and you may understand a little of my feelings with these grotesque caricatures of humanity about me."

- H.G. Wells, The Island of Doctor Moreau

•OPTIONAL: Restore the Lumby NPC Jobs

I strongly disagree with this. Personally, I think these tutors (or whatever they were called) hanging around Lumbridge were among Jagex's most needless updates. Their tasks were only of use to new players in terms of the money they gave, but they were also incredibly monotonous and therefore gave an awful impression of the game to new players. For the rest of us, they just filled up the world map with pointless symbols. Definitely restoring them would be a mistake.

:thumbup:

Hope the answers please you:) And remember to post suggestions for what can be fixed. I know alot more than what i have put up in list. I just don't remember them.

They did, thanks.

The runes thing, in that case, sounds good to me too. :thumbup:

On thieving I'm a little unsure, but it does sound convenient enough.

ms_julie.png

jafjepediasig.jpg

[hide=Quotes]

Hehe now we know what real life does...drugs, drugs, more drugs. Thank god we are addicted to something that won't kill us.

[/hide]

I'd also like to leftclick players higher than me (in the wild)

I will add it as "Optional:". But i hope you can argument for why it should be that way. I just want to understand the effects of it before i add it as non-optional.

I'd also like to leftclick players higher than me (in the wild)

I will add it as "Optional:". But i hope you can argument for why it should be that way. I just want to understand the effects of it before i add it as non-optional.

Because it is a lot easier (and more fun) to fight someone without having to rightclick him every few seconds.

Not to mention leftclicking tds and such.

Because it is a lot easier (and more fun) to fight someone without having to rightclick him every few seconds.

Not to mention leftclicking tds and such.

Combat left clicking is something i will add as "optional" as i think that's a sensitive decision for Jagex. However Bruno, what do you think of this idea? When a group is in a clan chat or friends chat, the option to attack one and another is removed.

Nice thread you have here. :smile:

My suggestion:

Fix the xp reward in Fish Flingers.

The lady outside of fishing guild says your reward increases as your skills increase.

But it actually decreases. A lvl 99 fisher gets less xp reward than a lvl 80 fisher does.

Pretty stupid flaw which has been in fish flingers from the start. :razz:

Enable and allow more control over chatbox's transparency in Resizeable/FullScreen modes

(Seriously, that gradient is nothing but a major annoyance in a number of places. Jagex really should have provided more options with the chatbox already, such as solid transparency, in order to handle such.)

Enable and allow more control over color settings on the chatbox

(Again, another major annoyance here. Put simply, "lack of transparency control + annoying locked blue normal chat color + lack of reasonable color options due to Jagex' assumptions = hard to read chat + severe headache to users", and is yet another situation that didn't have enough forethought put in. I'm really wishing Jagex would think ahead completely when they release features like these.)

Absolutely agreed! This is perhaps one of the most irritating things about the game.

"Imagine yourself surrounded by the most horrible cripples and maniacs it is possible to conceive, and you may understand a little of my feelings with these grotesque caricatures of humanity about me."

- H.G. Wells, The Island of Doctor Moreau

Get a "Buy-kitten" option on Gertrude.

ms_julie.png

jafjepediasig.jpg

[hide=Quotes]

[/hide]

Days before june bts? Are you thinking they are some how gonna put these in to the game in june?

Most of these at the bare minimum would take a few weeks to get recoded, if not months. Plus they have to see them discuss them in dev meetings and then decide whether or not to use them before they even go on to a "to-do" list that then waits until there is free dev time.

We'll be lucky to see any of this in-game within this year tbh.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Days before june bts? Are you thinking they are some how gonna put these in to the game in june?

Most of these at the bare minimum would take a few weeks to get recoded, if not months. Plus they have to see them discuss them in dev meetings and then decide whether or not to use them before they even go on to a "to-do" list that then waits until there is free dev time.

We'll be lucky to see any of this in-game within this year tbh.

Good point! But it's worth a try. If i wait to long with the list it will die out in someway eventually.

And if Jagex can't do it for June or July, it's cool.

Right-click "Chase" option on cats and hellcats

Novite_Mike.png

The corp beast, is, well, just a corp beast. He doesnt even have any friends.

[spoiler=Other Quotes]tbh idk why this makes me laugh so hard

All DFS threads turn into efficiency flame wars >.>

>OP asks "why use DFS?"

>everyone says "there is no reason"

>someone says "stop bashing people who use DFS, efficiency troll ass clown"

>thread is now a flame fest