Most important combat supplemental skill to level?

jddogg

Hello i am a new player returning from a couple years ago and alotttt has changed, especially since i was first leveling which was like 7 years ago literally. What skills should i be working on that are beneficial to combat? Like should i be doing slayer, dungeoneering, hunter? Which one of these can begin to be worked on efficiently as i increase my combat lvl at the same time?

post current stats?

50 attack, 40 str, 30 def, 20 pray, combat 48. I'm training attack to 60 right now (and trying to decide what weapon to get first if you could help me with that too it'd be appreciated :P)

you should be spending money on Prayer right now.

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

Alright, here we go.

First, you might want to get 60 Atk for Dragon Scimitar as that will be your best friend for a while after that. Then, I would really suggest starting dungeoneering. It is a complicated skill to comprehend at first, but it gets easier with repetition and practice. PM me if you have any questions on dung, but be sure to read guides first. I will be happy to explain the skill to you.

Now speaking of 60 Atk and CB, I highly advise getting the stats up through slayer. Not only will you get good xp, you can get charms for Summoning, herbs for Herblore, and money once you get to those higher lvls.

azeem1992.png

Really? Cause as I recall it was you who was the one cussing me at base. Also, re-read what you just said: one 15 second delay (which is an exaggeration to begin with) ruins floor times? You are beyond ridiculous.

Alright, here we go.

First, you might want to get 60 Atk for Dragon Scimitar as that will be your best friend for a while after that. Then, I would really suggest starting dungeoneering. It is a complicated skill to comprehend at first, but it gets easier with repetition and practice. PM me if you have any questions on dung, but be sure to read guides first. I will be happy to explain the skill to you.

Now speaking of 60 Atk and CB, I highly advise getting the stats up through slayer. Not only will you get good xp, you can get charms for Summoning, herbs for Herblore, and money once you get to those higher lvls.

Need to do a quest for dragon scimitar though and from what i understand it shouldnt even be bothered trying until around 65/70 combat lvl. What weapon should i use before that? Also you say i should be doing slayer and i get summoning charms, does that mean i should also be leveling up summoning because i have not started that yet at all.

Yes, summoning will be very beneficial for almost anything you do in-game. And btw, on my current account which used to be a pure, I did MM at 49 cb with 16 prayer, so I'm sure you can do it.

azeem1992.png

Really? Cause as I recall it was you who was the one cussing me at base. Also, re-read what you just said: one 15 second delay (which is an exaggeration to begin with) ruins floor times? You are beyond ridiculous.

Yes, summoning will be very beneficial for almost anything you do in-game. And btw, on my current account which used to be a pure, I did MM at 49 cb with 16 prayer, so I'm sure you can do it.

how the hell lol dont you have to kill like a level 200 or some madness? So i should focus on summoning and slayer then is what im getting? I think i'll go get started on summoning then cause i havent even finished the entry quest.

He's not hard to kill without Prayer, but since you are able to get prayer, get it to 43, then let the gnomes do the work. All you have to do to kill the monkey demon nin the quest is deliver the finishing blow.

azeem1992.png

He's not hard to kill without Prayer, but since you are able to get prayer, get it to 43, then let the gnomes do the work. All you have to do to kill the monkey demon nin the quest is deliver the finishing blow.

So i should go for 43 prayer to do it or just do it as is? What weapon should i use besides the drag scim up until i get it though?

Hmm, Idk many good weapons below D scimitar. What is your slayer lvl

azeem1992.png

A dragon longsword is pretty much a dragon scimitar, and requires a much easier quest (lost city). In fact, on the way to 70 attack (whip) I'm not sure it's worth it to actually do the quest.

Just do lost city and grab a dragon longsword, then get 70/70/Whatever you are in def, buy a whip with the money made from the drops while getting these levels, and level your def to be at 70/70/70. From then, ideally slay with the whip on controlled, to keep your stats even, especially strength, which is impossible to train alone with a whip. As said earlier, you should get these while slaying. Vannaka is a pretty darned good slayer master at your level.

Prayer 43 is a must if you have the money.

Summoning : Colect the charms, and whenever you have enough for 68, you're in business with a bunyip, which is a mid-level slayer's best friend.

But, more importantly, try a bit of everything else : See what you like/dislike and hate, and only do stuff you enjoy doing. Why? Because this is a game.

If you happen to like dungeoneering, a chaotic rapier is an awesome weapon, which is better than a whip.

WarBlastoise.png

A dragon longsword is pretty much a dragon scimitar, and requires a much easier quest (lost city). In fact, on the way to 70 attack (whip) I'm not sure it's worth it to actually do the quest.

Just do lost city and grab a dragon longsword, then get 70/70/Whatever you are in def, buy a whip with the money made from the drops while getting these levels, and level your def to be at 70/70/70. From then, ideally slay with the whip on controlled, to keep your stats even, especially strength, which is impossible to train alone with a whip. As said earlier, you should get these while slaying. Vannaka is a pretty darned good slayer master at your level.

Prayer 43 is a must if you have the money.

Summoning : Colect the charms, and whenever you have enough for 68, you're in business with a bunyip, which is a mid-level slayer's best friend.

But, more importantly, try a bit of everything else : See what you like/dislike and hate, and only do stuff you enjoy doing. Why? Because this is a game.

If you happen to like dungeoneering, a chaotic rapier is an awesome weapon, which is better than a whip.

Most people recommend str > att > def. Of course, this changes when you can't wield all equipment, but still. Honestly, it might be worth it to just level your def for whatever armour you want, level attack for whatever weapon you want, then work on str. Idk though, you're a fairly low level (no offense) so I'm not sure how it applies at lower levels.

If you can, save up for a brackish blade. It's like a dragon scimitar you stab people with, costs 10x more then a dragon scimitar but no quest reqs. Definitely work on 70 prayer too.

Anyways, a dragon longsword is definitely NOT a dragon scimitar.

As for dungeoneering, if you like it train it, try to train it with friends... at your level, I wouldn't try going with randoms or getting on higher level teams. Again, no offense.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

D long is fairly comparable to a D scim, but the scim is definitely better. The quest isn't too bad. You can easily safespot the demon, but you have to range/mage him and you need 37+ prayer to protect from magic. The quest is more long than difficult.

I would train slayer, assuming you're a member. Get charms for summoning, get herbs for Herblore, and do the quests Throne of Miscellenia and Royal Trouble. They're pretty quick and easy (did them both in one night) and MTK (the daily reward) is a super consistent way to make money.

PM me for fitocracy invite

Thank you for all the replies. How is dragon dagger P++ ? Better than drag long or not since the poison dmg doesnt give you exp? I'm sure i will love dungeoneering i just havent found out how to start it and reading a littlet on it seemed like you might need to be higher level to start it out? correct me if i'm wrong though because i'd love to start that. Summoning looks like it's going to be a pain to level so i'll for sure get started on that. Still t rying to figure out what weapon i'm going to use now at 60 attack. hmm.

D dagger is not worth using as a primary weapon. However, it does make a great special weapon for low levels with very little money. Just switch to it while you are killing something, use the special attacks, and then switch back to the primary weapon.

Also, if you haven't done the quests for D Scimitar yet, try the Leaf bladed sword or the Obsidian sword (called toktz-xil-ak in GE) as a stand in until you get D scimitar. Leaf bladed sword requires 50 attack and 55 slayer. The obsidian sword requires 60 attack. You could also try using a Mystic Air staff (or other mystic staff) as those have relatively decent low level dps. The staves require 40 magic and 40 attack.

Slayer is a great skill to work on as you increase your combat level. You can use a black mask while leveling it to gain nice attack and strength boosts.

Also, try to start doing Penguins, and look into finishing the quest Tears of Guthix. If you do the Tears of Guthix activity every week, and ensure that the points go onto Dungeoneering and then spend penguin points on dungeoneering, you can level it up without having to train it through the low levels. Get it to 50 or so before looking into seriously starting dungeoneering.

Also, quest quest quest! Unlock Herblore and Summoning if you have not already. Finish off all the Novice ranked quests. Those quests will help you learn more about the game, as well as learn your way around the map.

At least 43 prayer is a good idea as well. Once you have that, it makes finishing the Monkey Madness quest a piece of cake. The middle of the quest won't be so easy, but the final boss will be a joke. That gives a hefty experience reward for lower levels. I advise choosing the strength and hitpoints reward at the end of the quest.

I take it you are a member?

pere_grin.png

Yes i am a member and i am familiar with most of the map minus the new areas. I used to have a lvl 124 acct about 4 years ago and i just came back :P

Ok, that helps. Then yeah slayer and dungeoneering can be worked on efficiently. Throne of Miscellania and Royal Trouble are good quests to get done so you can start earning a bit of cash passively.

I think Mystic elemental staves are the best sub 60 attack training weapon besides the LBS if you do not have 55 slayer. You are still gonna want to do quests just for the xp rewards though.

Summoning is also a huge help to combat level, and combat training. Try for at least 52 to start.

pere_grin.png

Ok, that helps. Then yeah slayer and dungeoneering can be worked on efficiently. Throne of Miscellania and Royal Trouble are good quests to get done so you can start earning a bit of cash passively.

I think Mystic elemental staves are the best sub 60 attack training weapon besides the LBS if you do not have 55 slayer. You are still gonna want to do quests just for the xp rewards though.

Summoning is also a huge help to combat level, and combat training. Try for at least 52 to start.

IS it really that easy to lvl to 52 summoner at 50 combat? None of the secondary mats or anything will be difficult to collect?

Also while i have been figuring out everything i have been leveling at chaos dwarfs and collecting herbs for money so i have collected a good amount already :]

Useful for combat? No. Useful for lots of other things in runescape? Yes.

Firstly, a d long is not comparable to a d scim. Anyone who tells you otherwise is misinformed or trolling.

Secondly in order of stat progression for your melee's either take care of monkey madness for getting a dragon scimitar or save money for a brackish blade. Finish the quest Wolf Whistle to unlock summoning, from there train via slayer, picking up all your charms, to the following stats...

Strength to 70 (d scim/bblade)

Go to the warriors guild for your dragon defender

Defense to 60 (d scim/bblade+ddefender)

Attack to 70 (d scim/bblade+ddefender)

Buy an abyssal whip

Def to 70 (whip+ddefender)

Buy a Saradomin sword

Strength to 80 (sara sword)

Attack to 80 (whip+ddefender)

Defense to 80 (whip+ddefender)

While leveling you should be using peng points/tears of guthix/lamps/unlocking resource dungeons to level dungeoneering. You should easily hit 50 by the time you are done getting your melees to 80. If you have time read guides on DGing so you have some head knowledge before you dive in. Then join the clanchat Dung_Smith and patiently/politely ask them to smith you a gorgonite 2h and a gorgonite platebody. Bind both of these. As you DG put your first tokens into customizing your ring of kinship, invest them in to the berserker class until you hit Tier 5, then you can start saving your tokens Always have the agressive stance set for your 2h, there's one for slash, one for crush. Once you get into the second abandoned floors keep your eye out for night spiders for their unique drop the Shadowsilk Hood, which prevents a large number of monsters in DG from being able to see you. Destroy your platebody and bind this should you come across one.

DG until you hit 200 k tokens, which should bring you to level 83 strength from killing things in DG. Purchase a Chaotic Rapier and level...

Strength to 99

Attack to 99

Defense to 99

At any point in this process if you have the money for the following skills spend the money to level them...

Summoning-68,88,92,95,96,99 (this is contingent on charms as well as cash obviously)

Prayer-43,70,95

Herblore-85,91

For gear you should purchase your focus should be on maximizing your strength bonus.

Its 6 am and I haven't slept yet so I will edit this tomorrow with gear goals (if someone doesn't beat me too it *looks at Q*) and a list of quests you should work on as you need a break from slayer or DG.

witchynosaur.png

Armadyl Drops : 4 Hilts; 3 Chestplates; 2 Chainskirts; 1 Helmet; 1 Buckler; 2 Shard 1; 2 Shard 2; 1 Shard 3

Nex : 1 Zaryte Bow

Kalphite King : 1 Drygore Rapier ; 1 Drygore Longsword : 1 Drygore Offhand Rapier : 1 Drygore Offhand Longsword