Staking

Cheat

Not really advice about my character or anything just a few things I'm curious about as I'm a total noob to staking - only ever go to duel arena to try out new weapons..

Anyway I'll make a nice list for ease of answering.

1) Do people box below max melee's, I mean are there kind of 85,85,85 boxers or is it purely something done by those with max melee?

2) To Mage Box does someone basically need 99 Mage, Def and HP to succeed?

3) And then the one I'm most curious about: How exactly is this a consistent moneymaker? Is there a skill to staking within the actual fight or is it just good management of your bank to only ever bet what makes sense - having enough cash to ride a bit of bad luck. Or is there actually something within the fights that means one maxed boxer is better than another (bar PID). ?? The reason I ask this is you quite often see topics where people have turned 300m into 5bil+ banks I can understand that you might get a lucky streak and get up to 1B+ but how does it not just average out for people to end up getting cleaned again?

Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo
2mqj8rr.png
Minigames: Level 5 in All Barbarian Assault Roles PM me in game or on these forums to play. Over 500 Castle Wars Games with 460+ Tickets.

Not really advice about my character or anything just a few things I'm curious about as I'm a total noob to staking - only ever go to duel arena to try out new weapons..

1) Do people box below max melee's, I mean are there kind of 85,85,85 boxers or is it purely something done by those with max melee?

3) And then the one I'm most curious about: How exactly is this a consistent moneymaker? Is there a skill to staking within the actual fight or is it just good management of your bank to only ever bet what makes sense - having enough cash to ride a bit of bad luck. Or is there actually something within the fights that means one maxed boxer is better than another (bar PID). ?? The reason I ask this is you quite often see topics where people have turned 300m into 5bil+ banks I can understand that you might get a lucky streak and get up to 1B+ but how does it not just average out for people to end up getting cleaned again?

1) I'm pretty sure you can find un maxed players looking to box, although they may be a bit scarcer.

2) From my experience mage boxing... 99 mage is a definite must, 99 HP is very important, although less important than magic (no science or anything to back that up, just from experience) and I don't think defense is important at all. Magic defense isn't calculated by defense levels.

3) There is a strategy which will in theory guarantee profit. For this strategy, every time you lose, you double your next stake to cover the cost of the loss and to earn profit. The assumption is that in a game of 50-50 odds (fairly accurate for duals, mage boxing at least) you will win eventually, and if you've been doubling your bet each time you lose, whenever you finally do win you're guaranteed to earn back every thing you've lost and then some. However, this method is only truly guaranteed to work if the staker has access to literally unlimited amounts of GP, which is of course impossible. Furthermore, this technique should be used with caution, because the wagers will increase expenintially, making it painfully easy to have to stake more than your entire bank's worth to make up for your losses (for instance, starting at only a 100k stake, if you lost 10 times in a row you would have to make a stake of over 50 mill)

1) I'm pretty sure you can find un maxed players looking to box, although they may be a bit scarcer.

2) From my experience mage boxing... 99 mage is a definite must, 99 HP is very important, although less important than magic (no science or anything to back that up, just from experience) and I don't think defense is important at all. Magic defense isn't calculated by defense levels.

3) There is a strategy which will in theory guarantee profit. For this strategy, every time you lose, you double your next stake to cover the cost of the loss and to earn profit. The assumption is that in a game of 50-50 odds (fairly accurate for duals, mage boxing at least) you will win eventually, and if you've been doubling your bet each time you lose, whenever you finally do win you're guaranteed to earn back every thing you've lost and then some. However, this method is only truly guaranteed to work if the staker has access to literally unlimited amounts of GP, which is of course impossible. Furthermore, this technique should be used with caution, because the wagers will increase expenintially, making it painfully easy to have to stake more than your entire bank's worth to make up for your losses (for instance, starting at only a 100k stake, if you lost 10 times in a row you would have to make a stake of over 50 mill)

Magic defence is based on 70% of your Magic level and 30% of your Defence level.

The method described in 3 is nice, but eventually, you will get cleaned. I went from 30m to 190m in a couple of days and averaged more than 15m/hr, then I lost it all in an hour and now I'm at ~100k.

Martingales always end up losing. No matter after how much time and how much success. Always.

On a real 50/50 game, you should expect no return on your investment, and no loss either. Only sheer luck can get you a win. Or badluck a loss.

WarBlastoise.png

Martingales always end up losing. No matter after how much time and how much success. Always.

On a real 50/50 game, you should expect no return on your investment, and no loss either. Only sheer luck can get you a win. Or badluck a loss.

Martingales don't always end up losing. The real "fault" of the program lies in the fact that nobody has infinite money.

If you did though, you would always be up

If you had max coins (well, anything over 1.97 bil actually), you can afford to lose 10 times in a row before becoming bankrupt.

If boxing as indeed a "50/50" game (which it is clearly not - you have to factor in style switching/your opponent's ability to style switch/etc) - the chances of losing 10 times in a row is 0.976E-4.

That's not impossible but it is improbable.

capt%20kevin.png

The chance of losing 10 times in a row on a 50/50 bet is 1 in 1,024. Unlikely, sure, but to put it another way, you're about 5 times as likely to get cleaned as to get a dragon visage drop :).

It's true that it's not really a 50/50 bet. But are you on the advantaged or disadvantaged side? Staking bugs are frequently found and frequently exploited, adding to your risk. Also, even if you're willing to double your bet 10 times and stake 2B to make back your bank, that doesn't mean that you'll easily find a partner willing to stake the same amount. If you do, even more reason to be suspicious of bugs/etc...

Alphanos

Alphanos.png

What effect exactly does style switching have?

2mqj8rr.png
Minigames: Level 5 in All Barbarian Assault Roles PM me in game or on these forums to play. Over 500 Castle Wars Games with 460+ Tickets.

Let's imagine you are max melees. No gear.

Your max hit is 112 on accurate or defensive, 115 on agressive. Your max attack and defence rolls are the same, but 115 on accurate and defensive respectively of course.

Now the idea of style switching is that you have accurate active when you hit, and defensive when your opponent hits. Effectively giving you the advantage of both 115 attack and defence rolls.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

I'd kinda suspected something like that, thanks for clearing it up :)

2mqj8rr.png