Optimal complexity selection for noob solo DG

dogfever

So I'm trying to get my Dung up to a level where I can team.

Question is: what is the optimal complexity at which to do dungeons? At the moment I am doing the first 75% of accessible floors at C1 then going to C5/6 on the last 25% of accessible floors.

Example: right now I am level 37 so I can do up to floor 19. So I'd do f1-15 at C1 then f16-19 at C5/6.

Is there a better way to up my xp rate?

iratebadger.png

doing it mostly right, but allways use c6 on the higher floors.

Linkzelda30.jpeg

image2ez.png

[hide=Siggy credits]The Awesome, Epic, Amazing, S3xah A-10 Sig By Unolexi! I wub u Uno!

InsanityV2 Did the Franz Ferdinand Sig.

Killerwatt is responsible for the Arctic Monkeys sig.

Pat_61 did the B-2 sig and the raptor sig.[/hide]

Nice one. Thanks.

As an additional question. I am only clearing rooms with GD in for C1 dungeons. Should I do the same at C6 or is the Level Mod bonus/penalty worth getting/avoiding for the higher floors?

iratebadger.png

Nice one. Thanks.

As an additional question. I am only clearing rooms with GD in for C1 dungeons. Should I do the same at C6 or is the Level Mod bonus/penalty worth getting/avoiding for the higher floors?

You should try and get through dungeons as fast as you can, whilst opening as many doors as you can. So you wouldn't want to clear non gds, and don't bother with pot doors unless you happen to have everything for pot in your inv and its a med. This also means if you get a ghost/mono/high merc (i don't know if all these come in solo dgs) you should skip them if you've already found boss.

Since you're only low dg, prestige is vital to getting more xp, so spend all your tokens to get you the levels to unlock new floors asap, you should probably do this to at least 60 dg

Join "DGS" Guest Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn

WarpedHeroKeyer16.pngblood_neck.png

Since you're only low dg, prestige is vital to getting more xp, so spend all your tokens to get you the levels to unlock new floors asap, you should probably do this to at least 60 dg

Ok. Thanks for the advice on room clearing. I am doing what I can to max the number of floors I can cover (opening resource dungeons as the come available) but I'd prefer to keep my tokens for Life scroll (my first goal). I kind of need my goals to motivate the solo dg grind.

iratebadger.png

Ok. Thanks for the advice on room clearing. I am doing what I can to max the number of floors I can cover (opening resource dungeons as the come available) but I'd prefer to keep my tokens for Life scroll (my first goal). I kind of need my goals to motivate the solo dg grind.

That's fine, I assumed you wanted a chaotic first (which is alot of peoples motivation at first), in which case tokens from 1-60 are about ~10% of the tokens for a chaotic, so don't make much difference

Join "DGS" Guest Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn

WarpedHeroKeyer16.pngblood_neck.png

Tokens should be spent on getting your highest possible berserker ring tier.

Do pengs + lamps on dng.

Each time you unlock a new resource dng visit it for 1 time worthwhile xp.

Do floors 1-11 c1, your last 5 c6 med and the rest c6 small.

I suggest this because each theme is different, and learning to do frozen theme well is a waste of time.

Abandoned 1 (12-17) have most of the same bosses for abandoned 2 (30-35), as well as the same monsters. Furnished (18-29) will be mostly useless later but has some interesting bosses at least.

siggya.png

Tokens should be spent on getting your highest possible berserker ring tier.

Do pengs + lamps on dng.

Each time you unlock a new resource dng visit it for 1 time worthwhile xp.

Do floors 1-11 c1, your last 5 c6 med and the rest c6 small.

I suggest this because each theme is different, and learning to do frozen theme well is a waste of time.

Abandoned 1 (12-17) have most of the same bosses for abandoned 2 (30-35), as well as the same monsters. Furnished (18-29) will be mostly useless later but has some interesting bosses at least.

Thanks very much. I guess I'll suck it up and wait a bit longer for my Scroll of Life :)

I've already been doing the resource dungeons.

iratebadger.png

I C3 rush every floor, out of curiousity, exactly how in efficient is this? :)

BTW I hate Dungeoneering...

That's why you hate dungeoneering. Don't even step into a dungeon until at least 50 DG, because teams are the only reasonable way of training DG and below 50 DG nobody will be doing C6 large floors. Use Tears of guthix and Penguin points, as well as any XP lamps you come across until 50, then begin your dungeoneering experience.

Sir_Ddude.gif

I C3 rush every floor, out of curiousity, exactly how in efficient is this? :)

BTW I hate Dungeoneering...

That's why you hate dungeoneering. Don't even step into a dungeon until at least 50 DG, because teams are the only reasonable way of training DG and below 50 DG nobody will be doing C6 large floors. Use Tears of guthix and Penguin points, as well as any XP lamps you come across until 50, then begin your dungeoneering experience.

I trained the lower levels by doing C6 smalls with one friend, going to medium on my top two floors. The XP was not very good, but I wouldn't say to not step into a dungeon before level 50. Doing some floors also helps you understand/figure out how to Dungeoneer properly.

93959819.png

Leaaf.png