Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Has Jesus Returned????????

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

fakeitormakeit2
[ Display Name History ]

fakeitormakeit2

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 662 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:kaisershami
  • Clan:Not in one.

most "christian" groups don't exactly believe the same thing anyways.

It would be amusing to lock a Catholic, Baptist, Mormon, Jehovas Witness and someone from the church of god in the same room to discuss theology.

I've seen the like attempted before. The Catholic is the first to give up, while the Protestants tell each other that they're wrong by mostly quoting.

These prophecies are so entertaining by the way. If there is a hell, these "prophets" will surely be the ones roasting for exploiting the idiocy of the ignorant.
Posted Image

He who wears his morality but as his best garment were better naked... Your daily life is your temple and your religion

Guest_Rob_
[ Display Name History ]

Guest_Rob_
  • Guests

It would be amusing to lock a Catholic, Baptist, Mormon, Jehovas Witness and someone from the church of god in the same room to discuss theology.

Don't forget an atheist.

Ring_World
[ Display Name History ]

Ring_World

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,477 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
I lol'ed at this post

rocc0
[ Display Name History ]

rocc0

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 8,397 posts
Wow, that's a very interesting prophecy o_O Astoundingly accurate.

TANSTAAFL

jasignhagj
[ Display Name History ]

jasignhagj

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,183 posts
I prophesize the next post number after mine will be 26, followed by 27, then 28.

The_Gabe
[ Display Name History ]

The_Gabe

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,503 posts
  • RSN '07:The_Gabe555
No, we killed him. Don't you remember?
Posted Image

Three months banishment to 9gag is something i would never wish upon anybody, not even my worst enemy.

Nomrombom
[ Display Name History ]

Nomrombom

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,736 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
  • RSN:Nomrombom

Wow, that's a very interesting prophecy o_O Astoundingly accurate.

Authenticity and skepticism

Spanish writer father Benito Jerónimo Feijóo wrote in his Teatro Crítico Universal (1724–1739), in an entry called Purported prophecies, that the ones by Saint Malachy's were a shameful forgery, claiming that they were created ad hoc during the 16th century. As a proof, he offers an accurate fact: that the first time the prophecy is mentioned is on a handwritten account by patriarch Alfonso Chacón (a.k.a Alphonsus Ciacconus, 1540–1599) in 1590 (this account would be later published, in 1595, by the abovementioned historian Arnold de Wyon); in this account, Chacón only comments the prophecies until the papacy of Urban VII (whose papacy only lasted September 1590, and was the current pope at the time Chacón wrote the comment). According to Feijóo, Chacón, who held a great intellectual prestige at the time, was lured to comment the prophecies by someone who wanted to help cardinal Girolamo Simoncelli (1522–1605) reach the papacy. By showing them to be accurate till Urban VII, it was expected people to believe the next ones; that way, Girolamo Simoncelli could be easily elected pope, since the prophecy after Urban VII's one tells about a pope Ex antiquitate urbis (from the antiquity of the city), a fact that seems to fit him, who was cardinal of Orvieto (literally "old city", urbs vetus), or at least better than Gregory XIV, who was elected pope after Urban VII. Thus, the forgery would have been useless, since Simoncelli was not elected pope. Jesuit father Claude-François Menestrier also claimed that the prophecies were forged in order to help the papal candidacy of Girolamo Simoncelli, offering similar reasons to those of Feijóo. Spanish historian José Luis Calvo points out that the prophecies seem to be very accurate till Urban VII, fitting perfectly even the antipopes, but that afterwards great efforts have to be made in order to make the prophecies fit their pope. Feijóo's explanation is usually regarded as being the most probable proof of the forgery.

Accurate? lol k
PM me for fitocracy invite

Tesset
[ Display Name History ]

Tesset

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,039 posts

Don't forget an atheist.

Atheists aren't christians.

My skin is finally getting soft
I'll scrub until the damn thing comes off

das1330
[ Display Name History ]

das1330

Awesome

• Members
  • 2,239 posts
This smells like an advertising thread. Nevertheless, the view outside my window lacks fire and brimstone so I'm skeptical of this prophecy.

das
[ Display Name History ]

das

The Collector

• Members
  • 7,895 posts

Don't forget an atheist.

Would be a diaster then - the others wouldn't focus on theology, but conversion.
"Any people anywhere, being inclined and having the power, have the right to rise up, and shake off the existing government, and form a new one that suits them better. This is a most valuable - a most sacred right - a right, which we hope and believe, is to liberate the world."
Abraham Lincoln

The Dark Lord
[ Display Name History ]

The Dark Lord

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 6,517 posts
  • Clan:S.W.A.G.
I once met a man named Jesus at a Home Depot. Is this the Messiah returned at last?
SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

Nomrombom
[ Display Name History ]

Nomrombom

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,736 posts

I once met a man named Jesus at a Home Depot. Is this the Messiah returned at last?

DID YOU GET HIS AUTOGRAPH

Dheginsea
[ Display Name History ]

Dheginsea

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 254 posts
  • RSN:Dheginsea

And i once beat someone named Jesus in a chess game. Does that mean I'm smarter than the messiah?
Posted Image

Maybe a president who didn't believe our soldiers were going to heaven, might be a little less willing to get them killed. ~ Bill Maher
Barrows drops: 2 Karil's Coifs (on double drop day)
92,150th person to 99 defense

Nomrombom
[ Display Name History ]

Nomrombom

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,736 posts

And i once beat someone named Jesus in a chess game. Does that mean I'm smarter than the messiah?

BOW TO THE NEW MESSIAH

Dheginsea
[ Display Name History ]

Dheginsea

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 254 posts
  • RSN:Dheginsea

BOW TO THE NEW MESSIAH

YES! Now all shall bask in my eternal glory!
Posted Image

Maybe a president who didn't believe our soldiers were going to heaven, might be a little less willing to get them killed. ~ Bill Maher
Barrows drops: 2 Karil's Coifs (on double drop day)
92,150th person to 99 defense

TTanT
[ Display Name History ]

TTanT

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,041 posts

BOW TO THE NEW MESSIAH

YES! Now all shall bask in my eternal glory!

I don't recall this.

And also I'm still upstairs guys, so don't worry.

The only difference between Hitler and the man next door who comes home and beats his kids every day is circumstance. The intent is the same-- to harm others.

Tifers say the darndest things

Diesel
[ Display Name History ]

Diesel

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,797 posts
  • RSN:Dadieseldude
  • Clan:FnL
The cardinal that chooses his pope name to be Peter is going to be one cocky [bleep].

I just can't see it happening.
Posted Image
Last.Fm

My Bloggy

Proud to have served on Tip.it Crew

Atom Smash40
[ Display Name History ]

Atom Smash40

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,250 posts
  • RSN:Atom Smash40
  • RSN2:Gorgeous War

The phrase "Only in America" springs to mind.

Mmmmmm

modmarkl.jpg
~ 3,072nd to 99 Mining on August 30th, 2009 ~
~ 112,084th to 99 Magic on April 16th, 2011 ~

~ 131,681st to 99 Crafting on March 29, 2019 ~

~ 178,385th to 99 Prayer on April 2, 2019 ~

~ 234,921st to 99 Defence on May 9, 2019 ~

~ 173,480th to 99 Herblore on June 21, 2019 ~

~ 155,160th to 99 Smithing on July 16, 2019 ~

Kaida23
[ Display Name History ]

Kaida23

Retired Staff

• Members
  • 4,533 posts
  • RuneScape Status:F2P
  • RSN:Kaida23
  • Clan:Total F2P Skillers
Conceding for the sake of argument that God does exist and that Jesus will one day return, what do you really think would happen? If someone all of a sudden started claiming he was the son of God come back to life, would we all bow down in worship or would we send him to counseling and probably have him committed to a mental hospital?

Besides, Jesus doesn't need to come back and save us; Sam and Dean Winchester already saved us from the Apocalypse.

Posted Image
Check out my blog to read the Adventures of a Big Damn (F2P) Hero.

Posted Image

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Nenga
[ Display Name History ]

Nenga

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,187 posts

Conceding for the sake of argument that God does exist and that Jesus will one day return, what do you really think would happen? If someone all of a sudden started claiming he was the son of God come back to life, would we all bow down in worship or would we send him to counseling and probably have him committed to a mental hospital?

Besides, Jesus doesn't need to come back and save us; Sam and Dean Winchester already saved us from the Apocalypse.

Well Zeus and Odin are supposed to come back as well. And Odin has an entire army behind him when he comes back at the end of the world, Jesus got nothin'.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users