People are no Fun nowadays.

Cheat

This is not a rant about efficiency people no longer talking to their friends so please read on. I decided to have a bit of a muck around time in runescape for the last 2 hours and went to Clan Wars, Castle wars and for some funning at the duel arena. At castle wars a game I used to love it was full of cading pkers - this game has gone from a game of skill to how many ancients you can stick outside the spawn room and how quickly you can put down a cade. Nobody DG's anymore, nobody defends outside anymore everybody just sits there barraging away or clawing away calling people trying to play capture the flag noobs. I then moved onto clan wars something I'd previously found fun and this was full of the same kind of people admittedly clan wars is definitely a pking game but the arrogance of the people here, the piling the boring one sided kills are just annoying. Then I thought I'd go try out the duel arena and it had the same problem again, people melee protect in 'fun' duels people who freeze you then run away to farcast all perfectly reasonable tactics in the wildy but when I just want some fun seeing what my specs can hit and who I can beat I really can't be bothered with this! Basically what is wrong with a majority of the RS population that they have to use whatever boring tactics to prove that they are better than you - and then to top it all off gloat at you because in their superb gear, much higher stats, eating, farcasting world they managed to beat a noob in welfare gear who isn't too interested in showing off just how wonderful he is! Please comment.

Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo
2mqj8rr.png
Minigames: Level 5 in All Barbarian Assault Roles PM me in game or on these forums to play. Over 500 Castle Wars Games with 460+ Tickets.

High level weapons ruined castle wars. It went from basically it's own little biodome where you could play, at any level, at any 'richness' and still be skillfull enough to win. Now you need money money and money, which means you have to do non-cw as much/more than cw just to play cw. Very backwards.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

High level weapons ruined castle wars. It went from basically it's own little biodome where you could play, at any level, at any 'richness' and still be skillfull enough to win. Now you need money money and money, which means you have to do non-cw as much/more than cw just to play cw. Very backwards.

You don't have to win to have fun.

I remember seeing your threads about castle wars a couple of years ago when I was playing it a fair bit so it's good to know someone who played the game a lot and was good at it sees my point of view. I agree with the money thing I've seen people who I used to play with who were incredibly good and now look sub-par because of the incredibly rich players and hugely powerful spec weapons. Also to calcarb I have no problem with killing monsters its more irritating 'people' I'm not yet bored enough to start skilling!

2mqj8rr.png
Minigames: Level 5 in All Barbarian Assault Roles PM me in game or on these forums to play. Over 500 Castle Wars Games with 460+ Tickets.

You don't have to win to have fun.

I agree. Everybody has their own interpertation of what is fun, and almost all people could possibly have fun in cw of 05'-07'. You could be rich and use ice spells an the best gear pking, as well as being poor but having skill and being able to heavily influence the game. Neither were exclusive, and people could mix. Now however if you don't have the best gear, you stand no chance of being able to influence the game. Gear used to give you an edge/buff, now it is almost the be-all and end-all.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

This is not a rant about efficiency people no longer talking to their friends so please read on. I decided to have a bit of a muck around time in runescape for the last 2 hours and went to Clan Wars, Castle wars and for some funning at the duel arena. At castle wars a game I used to love it was full of cading pkers - this game has gone from a game of skill to how many ancients you can stick outside the spawn room and how quickly you can put down a cade. Nobody DG's anymore, nobody defends outside anymore everybody just sits there barraging away or clawing away calling people trying to play capture the flag noobs. I then moved onto clan wars something I'd previously found fun and this was full of the same kind of people admittedly clan wars is definitely a pking game but the arrogance of the people here, the piling the boring one sided kills are just annoying. Then I thought I'd go try out the duel arena and it had the same problem again, people melee protect in 'fun' duels people who freeze you then run away to farcast all perfectly reasonable tactics in the wildy but when I just want some fun seeing what my specs can hit and who I can beat I really can't be bothered with this! Basically what is wrong with a majority of the RS population that they have to use whatever boring tactics to prove that they are better than you - and then to top it all off gloat at you because in their superb gear, much higher stats, eating, farcasting world they managed to beat a noob in welfare gear who isn't too interested in showing off just how wonderful he is! Please comment.

l2paragraphunity

pikatips001.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips002.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips003.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips004.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips005.png1,000 F2P Total Level Reached 10/8/10 !

[hide=Guides]Magic & Summoning Profit Spreadsheets! *UPDATES EVERY HOUR* (includes: High alch, Superheat, and Enchanting)

4 BETTER alternatives to flesh crawlers[/hide]

WOT WOT!

☉.☉☂

Sorry do feel free to edit any incorrect grammar in my post PM me with an altered version and I will gladly change it. :)

2mqj8rr.png

I understand where you are coming from but afraid I'll have to disagree slightly. Yes you are there for fun, but so are they. And perhaps for them farcasting is fun and clawing you is fun. I know in recent months when I've played Castle Wars/Clan Wars I've gone kitted out in the best gear available (Torva, Virtus, Divine, etc.) and destroyed people. I don't care if you are there for fun, so am I. And me tanking you, drinking my overloads and praying is what I find fun. I don't really like using Magic in a melee fight so I don't, but if in multi and I'm getting piled I'll barrage them 'til they are no more. I have often spent several million GP there each day on potions, runes, etc... It's not my fault they didn't.

I'm all for fun, not for dying.

RIP Michaelangelopolous

Well when I used to play castle wars people did barrage but without the same gear it wasn't as accurate but one of the main differences was that people defended outside the castle with a member of your team holding your flag. This meant that that defending became more than just barraging. I can see how barraging is fun and destroying people in your awesome gear is too - part of what I find annoying is the occasional arrogance of people doing it. Like I said though the ability for two or three fully kitted out mages to completely lock down a castle is in my opinion boring for the majority of players because it is very difficult to get past them with any amount of health left unless you yourself are kitted out in Pernix and the like. I suppose I'm agreeing again with Dan here that the high gear has kinda ruined castle wars more open appeal.

2mqj8rr.png

Well when I used to play castle wars people did barrage but without the same gear it wasn't as accurate but one of the main differences was that people defended outside the castle with a member of your team holding your flag. This meant that that defending became more than just barraging. I can see how barraging is fun and destroying people in your awesome gear is too - part of what I find annoying is the occasional arrogance of people doing it. Like I said though the ability for two or three fully kitted out mages to completely lock down a castle is in my opinion boring for the majority of players because it is very difficult to get past them with any amount of health left unless you yourself are kitted out in Pernix and the like. I suppose I'm agreeing again with Dan here that the high gear has kinda ruined castle wars more open appeal.

Yes I know - it used to be much better before. Defending became a lot more than barraging for both teams, it became a search and destroy mission to find whoever was holding the flag.

Barraging is fun, yes, but it does get boring. But knowing that if you stop you may very well lose the game motivates you to continue. Only the high levels in maxed gear make it through. I'm not even 'high level' myself, I'm only combat level 122 but I can bite.

High level gear has indeed ruined Castle Wars completely, I remember before people just running around in barrows with Mage Wands & books, etc. And the whip was the most commonly used weapon with a Dragon Dagger... Fun times.

And arrogance? I know exactly what you mean and I despise those who show it in Clan Wars especially. I try not to bait when I'm there myself, but I will give [cabbage] back if they think they can give it to me... I do quite enjoy it though when the smile is wiped from a 138's face by me, a lowly 122 after they think they are unbeatable.

RIP Michaelangelopolous

Castle Wars is all about the "clans" now. Good luck accomplishing anything when the other team has eight to ten people who are very experienced with CW tactics, not to mention decked out with the best gear money can buy.

td2sig.jpg

So you're complaining because people don't have any "honour", or w/e you would want to call it, when it comes to fighting? You just want a one on one fair fight, right? If so, there's not a lot of those unless you are actually staking (boxing, mage boxing, rapier fights, etc.) where both you and your opponent will have the same wepons, same stats, and not be able to use prayers, foods, or potions, and most often no specs either. And even then, good luck finding someone who fights with honour. That's LONG gone. Anymore when I stake, I see a few people who will say "gf" or "gg" at the end of a fight, and "gl" at the start (I do this, I don't like acting like a [bleep] to random people) but most of the others are asses. No honour and like to talk [cabbage] the whole time. If you win, they rage and start yellin "BS!!! U shuld b ded nub!" or if they win its "L0l nice try nerd, thanks for the cash lollololol". There's just not many nice people out there who want to fight other people. The sad truth is that you aren't going to easily find a nice person who will have a fair fight with you without putting money on the line for it, and even then the guy could turn out to be an ass. If you only want to do combat, you just have to deal with it, it's not like we can change the whole opinions of all the no honour fighters in RS. If you just want to find a nice person who you can talk to, and possibly mess around with and fun duel or w/e later on, then go skill somewhere and talk to all the other people skilling there. You're bound to find atleast someone around your level who is also in your situation and is fed up with the no honourers.

99 HP, Attack, Strength, Defence, Summoning, Ranged, Herblore, Prayer, Agility, Magic, Slayer, Fletching, Fishing, Woodcutting, Mining, and Thieving.

Jagex'd out of my untrimmed hp cape on 6/14/2011.

To Eggs, really this is just a rant I don't expect you to do anything about it - I used this forum for what I think it should be used for to let off steam after a frustrating day. I'm not really expecting solutions. But, I get your point theres not much people can do about it in a game like runescape which has such a diverse group including many immature and irritating people. This might be my fault though for how I put my views across.

2mqj8rr.png

CW died when Jagex created themed worlds imo

It really did. Nobody uses any worlds but the themed worlds now, so you have unadulterated idiocy to contend with, in addition to all the super-elitist CW clans camping those worlds and stacking the teams.

td2sig.jpg

The high leveled weapons did ruin most of everything.. Corporal used to be the best out there, until Nex spawned out. haha. Trying to kill a level 120 with full Torva is so imposible.

zen_nova.png