April Fools

WolfieMario

First, if you haven't already seen Jagex's April Fool's Day behind-the-scenes, read/skim it, or you won't get this video.

Also, language warning (it's all censored though), and ignore my impossibly fast typing (this was done for your convenience :-P).

Watch in HD, preferably in Expanded or Fullscreen mode so you can see the details:

Note that most the cats are jumping, not running, so it may look like their legs aren't moving. It also "lags" near the end, making it harder to see that some of their legs are moving.

Yes, it took forever. I used Blender, After Effects, Fireworks, etc. You can read the YouTube description for details.

Contest

This is a contest running between my screenshot fakes, where you can find inside jokes and hidden fakes, or figure out how I faked things, in order to win points. These points are kept on a scoresheet alongside a few other stats, and I add you to the list automatically just for playing. You can spend these points on various prizes ranging from simple underbanners to interesting emotes to 3D models to entire fonts - all custom-made in whatever way you want! Or, you could just play for the fun of it, whatever suits you :P.

For more details on the contest, click here. Info about rewards can be found here. For questions/concerns, feel free to consult the FAQ or ask me.

How to play: look at the list below, and see if you can answer any of the questions or find any of the things listed. Be the first person to post it, and you win the points!

Here is a list of questions you can answer for this fake to get points:

Finding Easter eggs:

1. I modified an icon for no real reason. What icon did I change? 2₧ [1 incorrect guess] The XP counter says XP-, implying Negative Bonus XP for this day :-P. Found by Gandorf61 (Tip.It).
  2. Something is missing somewhere in the interface. There is actually a reason it is missing - you may get it if you read the Behind-the-Scenes well. What is missing, and (5₧ bonus) why it not there? 5₧ (+5₧) [2 incorrect guesses] The minimap dots of Wilough and Shilop (two of Gertrude's sons) are missing. They aren't there because they would be involved in the quest, Gertrude's Cataclysm. Found by Michaël (Zybez) (bonus not earned).
  3. Something really random happens for no reason - you'll see it in the interface somewhere. What is it? 4₧ Baraek the fur trader randomly runs north to Varrock Castle, and then back south to where he belongs. Found by CaptHunter (Tip.It).
  4. This one is actually sort of a flaw: something is not right about the minimap. What is it? (It has nothing to do with the cats.) 6₧ Some dots on the minimap, such as Zaff and Naff, stand still throughout the animation. Found by CaptHunter (Tip.It).

Finding References:

1. You can blame me taking AP Calculus for this question. I noticed that the amount of swears in my sentences forms a mathematical curve when you consider frequency of swears over time. You don't have to be specific, but what type of curve is it (e.g. linear, etc.)? 8₧ It's an exponential curve - here's how the censorship beeps look in my editor, Adobe After Effects. Found by Gandorf61 (Tip.It).
  2. What does the item at the bottom-right of the inventory represent? 5₧ bonus for figuring out why the number of the stack is 73. 4₧ (+5₧) [1 incorrect guess] They are bonus points from my contest, and there are 73 of them because there were 73 "lost" bonus points before this fake's contest started. Bonus points are lost when someone answers the main part of a question, but not the part that gives bonus points. Found by CaptHunter (Tip.It) (bonus not earned).
  3. I made references to many things in the Behind-the-Scenes. So we're all clear lets get the obvious two out of the way: you should all know that Gertrude's Cataclysm is referenced in the BTS section of the same name. But where is the ripping of a party hat mentioned in the article? Just post a quote of that part of the article. 1₧ "Due to an editing error, the wear option on party hats will no longer be the default option. Be careful when donning one, as we have corrected it to the intended tear left-click option, for those who need to clear inventory space for ranaar." -found by dash berlin (Zybez).
  4. [2 Finds] The chatbox, at the beginning, contains two references to the BTS (Behind-the-Scenes). One reference is worth 5₧, and the other is worth 3₧. What are they? 8₧ The level 78 hunter pet is from "Werewolf and Vampire Hunting", and Cherryboom is from "Little Pwny Unicorns". Both found by dash berlin (Zybez).
  5. I made a completely new interface icon - no, it's not the cursor, and it's not any of the inventory items. What is the icon, where is it, and what does it reference in the BTS? 2₧ At the beginning, you see a sailing icon at the bottom of the skills interface. It references the one-word mention of "Sailing." at the bottom of the BTS. Found by Gandorf61 (Tip.It).
  6. There is one reference to the BTS that comes as two separate inventory items. What is referenced by the items? 3₧ The grey/white hairs and red guitar reference "TzHaar Hero" - found by dash berlin (Zybez).
  7. [2 Finds] Explain what two of the inventory items are meant to represent. You get 5₧ for explaining the grey/white stuff below the party hat, and 2₧ for explaining the red thing next to the grey/white stuff. {Sealed by Finding References #6} 7₧ The grey/white things are the beard-hairs of an imcando dwarf, and the red thing is a Toktz-ak-tok (Obsidian Guitar). You may see a close-up image of the guitar here. Both found by dash berlin (Zybez).

Figure out how I made it:

1. Not really a question of how I made it, but this is the only section I could put this question under. How many cats are there? You don't have to be exact, of course. I will accept your guess if it is within 20 of the correct number (e.g. 20 greater or 20 fewer). If I get 10 guesses and none of them are within 20 of the correct answer, the closest guess gets the points. Maximum of two guesses per person. Also, if your guess is exactly the correct number, you get 16₧ bonus. (Hint: don't count the minimap dots, they aren't exact and overlap too much!) 8₧ (+16₧) [9 incorrect guesses] Gandorf61 (Tip.It) guessed 666 and was wrong, but close to being within 20 of the answer. CaptHunter (Tip.It) guessed 250 and was far, far too low. Bonesman (Tip.It) guessed 616 and was too low. Michaël (Zybez) guessed 647 and was also too low. Oryza Sativa (Zybez) guessed 600 and 680, both of which were too low (680 was close, however). Michaël (Zybez) guessed 700, and was painfully close... dash berlin (Zybez) guessed 698 and 706, again being very close but too low. Finally, I am Nyu (Zybez) guessed 740, which was within 20 of the real answer - 730. Thus I am Nyu scored 8₧.
  2. How did I make that platebody in my inventory? Did I fake it? Did I get it from somewhere? If you think I faked it, state the general tool/technique I used. If you think I got it from somewhere, say where I got it from. 4₧ It's a quest reward, Carnillean armour, which is one of the two possible rewards from Hazeel Cult, found by dash berlin (Zybez).
  3. What is that potion in my inventory? 3₧ It's a Super Energy (3) potion, found by dash berlin (Zybez).

Here is the current scoresheet:

Screenshot%20Secret%20Scores.png

Note: Please press Ctrl+F5 to refresh the above image!

Here is a key defining the various columns/rows of the scoresheet.

You may click here to see a list of people who have won trophies from earning many points.

A total of 0₧/91₧ are left to obtain in this fake. There are 0/16 finds remaining.

Notice: Don't Forget to check

this list for points you can earn outside my normal fakes! (22₧ left, 3 finds remaining.)

Also, there's still an unanswered question on my last fake,

here. It's worth 4₧, and you can post the answer on this topic if you like.

skillgoal99fakingunderb.png

Fake Awards:

flatawardsbox.png

(The large number is the amount of awards I have gotten; only 8 are shown above. Click to see all of them.)

The ending was the best part. xD

Nice job with the details, you even made sure that the amount of damage done to your character actually equal to your life points! (I was a noob and added up all the damage just to see :P)

Thanks, everyone :grin:

The ending was the best part. xD

Nice job with the details, you even made sure that the amount of damage done to your character actually equal to your life points! (I was a noob and added up all the damage just to see :P)

Yeah, I was careful with the numbers and stuff. The HP bars and HP bubble also have (probably) the right percentages of "fullness", and the iron noob takes a total damage equaling a multiple of 10 (showing he was at max lp before running into the flood). I have OCD, so I'm careful with that sort of stuff lol :geek:

Nice work, Wolfie :) It looks really cool.

Wow, you registered really quickly :XD:

Fake Awards:

flatawardsbox.png

(The large number is the amount of awards I have gotten; only 8 are shown above. Click to see all of them.)

Nice work, Wolfie :) It looks really cool.

Wow, you registered really quickly :XD:

Nah, bro - was this morning before you actually mentioned it :P

Gotta study this, now :P Haha. First, however, 50% questions answered on the last contest? ;)

The contest has been added to this forum :)

Have fun, guys :P

Fake Awards:

flatawardsbox.png

I'll answer a few quickly: (or maybe a bit more :P)

Finding Easter eggs:

I modified an icon for no real reason. What icon did I change? 2₧

The bonus experience counter icon is different.

Something is missing somewhere in the interface. There is actually a reason it is missing - you may get it if you read the Behind-the-Scenes well. What is missing, and (5₧ bonus) why it not there? 5₧ (+5₧)

Something really random happens for no reason - you'll see it in the interface somewhere. What is it? 4₧

This one is actually sort of a flaw: something is not right about the minimap. What is it? (It has nothing to do with the cats.) 6₧

Finding References:

You can blame me taking AP Calculus for this question. I noticed that the amount of swears in my sentences forms a mathematical curve when you consider frequency of swears over time. You don't have to be specific, but what type of curve is it (e.g. linear, etc.)? 8₧

Exponential?

What does the item at the bottom-right of the inventory represent? 5₧ bonus for figuring out why the number of the stack is 73. 4₧ (+5₧)

Sugar charms maybe?

I made references to many things in the Behind-the-Scenes. So we're all clear lets get the obvious two out of the way: you should all know that Gertrude's Cataclysm is referenced in the BTS section of the same name. But where is the ripping of a party hat mentioned in the article? Just post a quote of that part of the article. 1₧

Due to an editing error, the ‘wear’ option on party hats will no longer be the default option. Be careful when donning one, as we have corrected it to the intended ‘tear’ left-click option, for those who need to clear inventory space for ranaar.

[2 Finds] The chatbox, at the beginning, contains two references to the BTS (Behind-the-Scenes). One reference is worth 5₧, and the other is worth 3₧. What are they? 8₧

Cherryboom references Little Pwny Unicorns, the new summoning familiar update. 78 hunter references the Werewolf and Vampire Hunting update.

I made a completely new interface icon - no, it's not the cursor, and it's not any of the inventory items. What is the icon, where is it, and what does it reference in the BTS? 2₧

You added a sailing skill icon. (referencing sailing)

There is one reference to the BTS that comes as two separate inventory items. What is referenced by the items? 3₧

TzHaar Hero is references by the guitar and beard-hair of an imcando dwarf.

[2 Finds] Explain what two of the inventory items are meant to represent. You get 5₧ for explaining the [sealed], and 2₧ for explaining the [sealed]. {Sealed by Finding References #5} 7₧

Not really a question of how I made it, but this is the only section I could put this question under. How many cats are there? You don't have to be exact, of course. I will accept your guess if it is within 20 of the correct number (e.g. 20 greater or 20 fewer). If I get 10 guesses and none of them are within 20 of the correct answer, the closest guess gets the points. Maximum of two guesses per person. Also, if your guess is exactly the correct number, you get 16₧ bonus. (Hint: don't count the minimap dots, they aren't exact and overlap too much!) 8₧ (+16₧)

666?

How did I make that platebody in my inventory? Did I fake it? Did I get it from somewhere? If you think I faked it, state the general tool/technique I used. If you think I got it from somewhere, say where I got it from. 4₧

It's the image for the old castlewars armour.

What is that potion in my inventory? 3₧

Super Energy potion?

Time zones :/

Easter Eggs:

1: XP-

3: One of the yellow dots show someone running north then back south again for no reason :o

4: Most people are perfectly still, this would not be the case (dots are static).

References:

2: That's your Pts currency. Bonus points, since they're blue. I can't figure out what 73 represents :P

4: Little Pwny Unicorns!!

5: Sailing in the skills interface.

6: TzHaar Hero - both the guitar and the beard hair :P

How I made it

1: 250.

2: Old CWars platebody (lowest class). Indeed, it is currently still used in the quest Hazeel Cult, it is named Carnillean Armour.

3: Super Energy.

EDIT!!! :D

Using a ‘moon on a stick’ item

RHQ_June09_Equip%20Entry.png

COINCIDENCE???? I THINK NOT.

I'll answer a few quickly: (or maybe a bit more :P)

Finding Easter eggs:

I modified an icon for no real reason. What icon did I change? 2₧

The bonus experience counter icon is different.

Something is missing somewhere in the interface. There is actually a reason it is missing - you may get it if you read the Behind-the-Scenes well. What is missing, and (5₧ bonus) why it not there? 5₧ (+5₧)

Something really random happens for no reason - you'll see it in the interface somewhere. What is it? 4₧

This one is actually sort of a flaw: something is not right about the minimap. What is it? (It has nothing to do with the cats.) 6₧

Finding References:

You can blame me taking AP Calculus for this question. I noticed that the amount of swears in my sentences forms a mathematical curve when you consider frequency of swears over time. You don't have to be specific, but what type of curve is it (e.g. linear, etc.)? 8₧

Exponential?

What does the item at the bottom-right of the inventory represent? 5₧ bonus for figuring out why the number of the stack is 73. 4₧ (+5₧)

Sugar charms maybe?

I made references to many things in the Behind-the-Scenes. So we're all clear lets get the obvious two out of the way: you should all know that Gertrude's Cataclysm is referenced in the BTS section of the same name. But where is the ripping of a party hat mentioned in the article? Just post a quote of that part of the article. 1₧

Due to an editing error, the ‘wear’ option on party hats will no longer be the default option. Be careful when donning one, as we have corrected it to the intended ‘tear’ left-click option, for those who need to clear inventory space for ranaar.

[2 Finds] The chatbox, at the beginning, contains two references to the BTS (Behind-the-Scenes). One reference is worth 5₧, and the other is worth 3₧. What are they? 8₧

Cherryboom references Little Pwny Unicorns, the new summoning familiar update. 78 hunter references the Werewolf and Vampire Hunting update.

I made a completely new interface icon - no, it's not the cursor, and it's not any of the inventory items. What is the icon, where is it, and what does it reference in the BTS? 2₧

You added a sailing skill icon. (referencing sailing)

There is one reference to the BTS that comes as two separate inventory items. What is referenced by the items? 3₧

TzHaar Hero is references by the guitar and beard-hair of an imcando dwarf.

[2 Finds] Explain what two of the inventory items are meant to represent. You get 5₧ for explaining the [sealed], and 2₧ for explaining the [sealed]. {Sealed by Finding References #5} 7₧

Not really a question of how I made it, but this is the only section I could put this question under. How many cats are there? You don't have to be exact, of course. I will accept your guess if it is within 20 of the correct number (e.g. 20 greater or 20 fewer). If I get 10 guesses and none of them are within 20 of the correct answer, the closest guess gets the points. Maximum of two guesses per person. Also, if your guess is exactly the correct number, you get 16₧ bonus. (Hint: don't count the minimap dots, they aren't exact and overlap too much!) 8₧ (+16₧)

666?

How did I make that platebody in my inventory? Did I fake it? Did I get it from somewhere? If you think I faked it, state the general tool/technique I used. If you think I got it from somewhere, say where I got it from. 4₧

It's the image for the old castlewars armour.

What is that potion in my inventory? 3₧

Super Energy potion?

Easter Eggs:

Correct, +2₧.

Finding References:

1) Correct, +8₧. You can actually see how the censorship beeps looked in Adobe After Effects for me, which is why I noticed that: http://img841.imageshack.us/img841/5507/swearsequalexponentialc.png :P

2) Nope :P

3) Correct, but someone at another forum got it before you.

4) Correct, but someone at another forum also got this one first :/

5) Correct - +2₧.

6) Correct, but once again someone else got it first :(. By the way, you can see a close-up of the guitar here:

toktzaktokcloseupwittex.png

The Tok-Tz-Ak-Tok (Obsidian Guitar).

1) Nope :P

2) Nope - it's actually Carnillean armour, but someone else got it first.

3) Once again, someone else got it before you :(

You earned a total of 12₧ :P

Time zones :/

Easter Eggs:

1: XP-

3: One of the yellow dots show someone running north then back south again for no reason :o

4: Most people are perfectly still, this would not be the case (dots are static).

References:

2: That's your Pts currency. Bonus points, since they're blue. I can't figure out what 73 represents :P

4: Little Pwny Unicorns!!

5: Sailing in the skills interface.

6: TzHaar Hero - both the guitar and the beard hair :P

How I made it

1: 250.

2: Old CWars platebody (lowest class). Indeed, it is currently still used in the quest Hazeel Cult, it is named Carnillean Armour.

3: Super Energy.

Easter Eggs:

1. Gandorf got it first :P

3. Correct :P +4₧

4. Correct - +6₧

Finding References:

2. Correct, they're bonus points. There were 73 in the stack because that was the amount of bonus points currently lost (as seen on the scoresheet) :P +4₧

4. Already found :/

5. Found by Gandorf61.

6. Already found.

1. Way too low :???:

2. Found already.

3. Found already.

+14₧ for the finds, and +5₧ for participating at more than one forum, so +19₧ total :P

EDIT!!! :D
Using a ‘moon on a stick’ item

RHQ_June09_Equip%20Entry.png

COINCIDENCE???? I THINK NOT.

Please consider your time frame here... I made that fake back in June '09, and the April Fools' BTS was April '11. So that would mean either Jagex looks at my fakes, or I work at Jagex *dramatic revelation music plays* :roll:

Fake Awards:

flatawardsbox.png

Not really a question of how I made it, but this is the only section I could put this question under. How many cats are there? You don't have to be exact, of course. I will accept your guess if it is within 20 of the correct number (e.g. 20 greater or 20 fewer). If I get 10 guesses and none of them are within 20 of the correct answer, the closest guess gets the points. Maximum of two guesses per person. Also, if your guess is exactly the correct number, you get 16₧ bonus.

My guess is 616 cats are there.

Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo
2mqj8rr.png
Minigames: Level 5 in All Barbarian Assault Roles PM me in game or on these forums to play. Over 500 Castle Wars Games with 460+ Tickets.

Woo 12 points :D

And that guitar actually looks like it could be an ingame item, looks awesome. :thumbup:

Not really a question of how I made it, but this is the only section I could put this question under. How many cats are there? You don't have to be exact, of course. I will accept your guess if it is within 20 of the correct number (e.g. 20 greater or 20 fewer). If I get 10 guesses and none of them are within 20 of the correct answer, the closest guess gets the points. Maximum of two guesses per person. Also, if your guess is exactly the correct number, you get 16₧ bonus.

My guess is 616 cats are there.

Nope, too low.

EDIT:

Okay, the contest for this fake is closed - "I am Nyu", from Zybez, guessed 740, which was within 20 of the real answer - 730.

Also, here's a sneak-peak of a work-in-progress of mine, to thank you all for playing:

wipshot61211.png

(I actually already have 10 ground textures, but I can only show one until I get ground blending set up :P)

Fake Awards:

flatawardsbox.png