Runescape + total Computer Failure

sharksman3

I don't get why but for some reason everytime I get on Runescape now my whole entire computer freezes, the things that happen are:

1:Runescape loses connection and everything on computer goes (Unresponding)

2:My computer goes to 100% usage and freezes up entirely

3:When am able to get on (like now) it freezes every 3 seconds and all screens go gray.

4:Computer makes an extremely loud VMMMM Noise like over heating.

I've scanned for viruses and cleaned out fan, even took off side covers to try and allow more air flow. So I don't think its them.

-Anyone got any ideas or should I grab my sledgehammer and just buy a new computer.

ALSO: When I restart my computer a lot of the time it freezes at EVERYTHING I open. I've left it shutdown for a few hours, unplugged entirely and even disconnected modem for a couple hours, no change.

Some cool losses, about 100m total by now. I don't care about losing cash seeing as got a good ammount it's just the fact I can't play to have fun.

110614232141.png

110615224055.png

Causing_Fear.png

110225183300.png

"I was born an American; I will live an American; I shall die an American."Daniel Webster

I know you're saying it's probably not a heat issue but how hot is your computer running when this happens? (Use Core Temp and GPU Meter )

I suck with computers so how do i check

Causing_Fear.png

110225183300.png

"I was born an American; I will live an American; I shall die an American."Daniel Webster

Open your task manager and try closing all unnecessary processes (not necessarily applications you have open) that look like they are taking up a large amount of memory and see if it stops or at least reduces your problem. If so, it probably has to do with having to many things going on in your computer, and your computer is, to put it bluntly, to [cabbage]ty to handle it. Or you are running an unusually large amount of weird things on your computer.

Open your task manager and try closing all unnecessary processes (not necessarily applications you have open) that look like they are taking up a large amount of memory and see if it stops or at least reduces your problem. If so, it probably has to do with having to many things going on in your computer, and your computer is, to put it bluntly, to [cabbage]ty to handle it.

I usually only run Swiftkit or MIRC at once, not both, don't even use youtube or anything since got music on SK. It's been fine until yesterday :\

Causing_Fear.png

110225183300.png

Open your task manager and try closing all unnecessary processes (not necessarily applications you have open) that look like they are taking up a large amount of memory and see if it stops or at least reduces your problem. If so, it probably has to do with having to many things going on in your computer, and your computer is, to put it bluntly, to [cabbage]ty to handle it.

I usually only run Swiftkit or MIRC at once, not both, don't even use youtube or anything since got music on SK. It's been fine until yesterday :\

Yeah i'm not talking about actual applications you have open, i mean check all the processes your computer is running, like if you switch over from the "applications" tab on the task manager to "processes" you'll see a bunch of things that your computer is also running (a lot of them necessary and shouldn't be touched).

But since it only started recently, do you remember if you did anything unusual with your computer before then, or did something other than play runescape/browse the internet? You could try doing a system restore and see if it solves your problem.

Will a system restore delete everything?..

No, it's kind of like a "Reset to last Checkpoint" for windows, if you get the CoD reference. It says it won't affect any of your documents either when you do it.

If that doesn't fix it than it would probably mean it's a physical problem with your computer.

If everything is unrecoverably freezing randomly, it sounds like a hardware issue. Run the Prime Orthos stress test on blend mode for an hour and see if it dies. It's pretty easy to find and simple to use so just google it.

To check if it's a heat issue, use Speedfan. Tell us the temperature at rest and when you're running (or trying to run) RuneScape.

This. If it is overheating (Which Id wager it is) open up the case of your computer and get a can of compressed air (They're like $5) and spray around the case while holding a vacuum just outside the case (Make sure to not actually touch anything, and unplug it before you move it).