Resizing Runescape Chatbox/Icons

Mythrandir

I'm sure this question comes up with decent regularity, but I'm not very tech savvy, so I'm sorry. I just bought a new laptop (Dell XPS 15 with NVIDIA GeForce GT540M 2GB graphics with Optimus) and the chatbox, minimap, and inventory icons are tiny. I've tried going through the RS display options but can't seem to tweak them. Any help please?

mythrandir.png

You can't resize them.

They have a set size, the only way to alter how big they appear is to change your screen resolution via display settings on the computer itself; but then shrinking res just to make icons bigger is rather stupid unless you REALLY can't identify them at that size (Like my mum has 800x600 res cause shes blind as a bat lol)

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Yeah, I tried changing res and it looked like crap.

Unfortunately, that's the only option I'm aware of. The chat box and icons are the same size (in pixels), but they look smaller because you have a higher pixel count in a similar physical area on the screen.

You might be able to enter full-screen mode at a lower resolution (set in the game) without changing the resolution of the rest of your desktop, but that has its own disadvantages.

Those icons are set to be a specific size due to how the game was programmed, so it scaled them down to handle a higher resolution. Your options are either to lower your resolution, or get used to it, as blunt as that sounds.

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.

• 5 years later...