Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Resizing Runescape Chatbox/Icons

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
10 replies to this topic

Mythrandir
[ Display Name History ]

Mythrandir

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 169 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Mythrandir
I'm sure this question comes up with decent regularity, but I'm not very tech savvy, so I'm sorry. I just bought a new laptop (Dell XPS 15 with NVIDIA GeForce GT540M 2GB graphics with Optimus) and the chatbox, minimap, and inventory icons are tiny. I've tried going through the RS display options but can't seem to tweak them. Any help please?

obfuscator
[ Display Name History ]

obfuscator

Tanned Caveman

• Members
  • 19,747 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
A screenshot would be helpful.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

Sy_Accursed
[ Display Name History ]

Sy_Accursed

Post Junkie

• Members
  • 16,831 posts
  • RSN:Sy Accursed
You can't resize them.
They have a set size, the only way to alter how big they appear is to change your screen resolution via display settings on the computer itself; but then shrinking res just to make icons bigger is rather stupid unless you REALLY can't identify them at that size (Like my mum has 800x600 res cause shes blind as a bat lol)

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Mythrandir
[ Display Name History ]

Mythrandir

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 169 posts
Yeah, I tried changing res and it looked like crap. Here's a screenie
Posted Image

obfuscator
[ Display Name History ]

obfuscator

Tanned Caveman

• Members
  • 19,747 posts
Looks normal to me, just like you have a high resolution. I think you're out of luck.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

The Observer
[ Display Name History ]

The Observer

Lead the charge

• SwiftKit Staff
  • 12,776 posts
How big is your screen exactly?

Try lowering it to the lowest it can go.
Deadman Mode Price Guide & Marketplace

j0xPu5R.png

One cause is a cognitive bias called projection bias. Essentially living inside your own head your entire life makes it exceedingly difficult to understand how others do not also live your same life, think your same thoughts, and hold your same beliefs. In many cases it's quite frustrating to try to empathize and understand why you yourself may not be the center of the universe, which generally results in one 'acting out' in various ways.
So, in short: the internet.

3U2JjzT.png

Nyosuht
[ Display Name History ]

Nyosuht

Website Crew Alumnus

• IRC Channel Staff
  • 1,696 posts
  • RSN:Omnipotence
  • RSN2:Nyosuht

Yeah, I tried changing res and it looked like crap.

Unfortunately, that's the only option I'm aware of. The chat box and icons are the same size (in pixels), but they look smaller because you have a higher pixel count in a similar physical area on the screen.
You might be able to enter full-screen mode at a lower resolution (set in the game) without changing the resolution of the rest of your desktop, but that has its own disadvantages.

rnHJQwZ.png
In a state of tranquillity, wealth, and luxury, our descendants would forget the arts of war and the noble activity and zeal which made their ancestors invincible. ~Samuel Adams; 1 August, 1776
There are men, in all ages, who mean to exercise power usefully; but who mean to exercise it. They mean to govern well; but they mean to govern. They promise to be kind masters; but they mean to be masters. ~Daniel Webster; 15 March, 1837

Mythrandir
[ Display Name History ]

Mythrandir

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 169 posts
Well, thanks anyway. Looks like I'll just have to adjust

Orpheus
[ Display Name History ]

Orpheus

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,783 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
Those icons are set to be a specific size due to how the game was programmed, so it scaled them down to handle a higher resolution. Your options are either to lower your resolution, or get used to it, as blunt as that sounds.

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.

feauxen
[ Display Name History ]

feauxen

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:feauxen
  • RSN '07:lasergunpx2

There's an button in graphics settings, under the interface tab. It opens the GUI editing mode, which allows you to resize and move the inventory and other such tabs however you like.

Arceus
[ Display Name History ]

Arceus

Dragon Slayer

• Administrators
  • 6,760 posts
  • RuneScape Status:F2P

Please don't bump old topics. Closed.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?
---

Posted Image
Posted Image

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users