Can I run RS on the highest specs with...

Nifflin

2.3GHz dual-core

Intel Core i5

4GB 1333MHz

320GB 5400-rpm1

Intel HD Graphics 3000

This is what I'm looking at getting. Would it be able to run RS smoothly on highest detail?

PM me in game anytime

It's a lot easier then that for an idiot to sound smart on the internet.

That's exactly what you're doing right now... just saying.

I'm mostly hoping that I can run it very smoothly. Right now high detail will run on my piece of [cabbage] laptop but it's really unpleasant to play.

Thanks for the feedback.

PM me in game anytime

On anything up to a 1280 * 1024 Resolution I'd think you'd have no lagg at all. Above that and it might get a tad choppy, but that's just a guess.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

As it stands, it is possible to use the following...

1. Intel P4 (Single Core) @ 2.4 GHz
  2. 2 GB (DDR 266) RAM
  3. ATI Radeon HD 4650 AGP
  4. Dual monitors @ 1024x768 resolution
  5. Windows XP
  6. FireFox 2.x-series
  7. Java 6 Update 6
  8. Maxed RuneScape Graphics Settings

... and still get anywhere from 5-35 fps, only dependent upon polygon count and player traffic. Those specs of that newer system that you mentioned, Nifflin, should result in a near-gangbusters gameplay experience. Unless Jagex did something utterly stupid that causes RuneScape to not improve with extra CPU cores at hand, but I won't speculate on that. :?

~D. V. "In short, you should have a lot less lag... period." Devnull

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

Excellent, I'm so glad to hear that. Thank you both.

PM me in game anytime

It doesn't seem to matter how good it is you will always get some lag in places with lots of people though.

Heh... that's internet lag for ya. If only we could get people to quit clogging the internet with spam and/or ddos attacks, just to name a couple of the worst. But we all know that won't quit happening... LOL... :lol:

~D. V. "Lag... Remove jerks to stop it, if you can..." Devnull

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

....lag in crowded rs places has nothing to do with ddos attacks. It's graphical lag caused by the rs engine having to render so many different players at once.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

D.V., that's graphical lag. Rendering all of those player models does tax into graphics cards and such. It's not a DDoS attack otherwise the game wouldn't be online.

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.

Sometimes, you two. Other times, the Java applet chokes because it can't send/receive fast enough and chokes from it. BTW, DDOS Attacks can cause lag without knocking sites offline, simply because it went through a router that you were also using at the same time. ;)

Beyond that, yeah, graphics cards can also factor in. My previous post had already taken account of that and was mentioning all the junk that I wish was gone, because it would result in less lag as well. :D

~D. V. "Sometimes what looks like one thing can stem from another..." Devnull

2.3GHz dual-core

Intel Core i5

4GB 1333MHz

320GB 5400-rpm1

Intel HD Graphics 3000

This is what I'm looking at getting. Would it be able to run RS smoothly on highest detail?

I don't know... Anything that is meant for graphics and is made by Intel seems to suck.

terravir.png

2.3GHz dual-core

Intel Core i5

4GB 1333MHz

320GB 5400-rpm1

Intel HD Graphics 3000

I don't know... Anything that is meant for graphics and is made by Intel seems to suck.

IIRC, the new Intel HD 2000/3000 on the SB chips are much improved from their predecessors.

RIP TET

original.png

"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." - Friedrich Nietzsche