Lending Guidelines

soulcyst

Can anyone give me some guidelines on how much to charge people to lend out my Dragon Hatchet, Whip, Sara Sword and the like? I don't want to take advantage and "rip people off", but by the same token, I don't want to get ripped. How do you know what to charge?

Thanks!!

I was not aware that people borrwed a whip, and dragon hatchet. A sara sword I can understand for waterfiend tasks, but honsetly, it souns like you think you are going to be overrun with offers. No one pays to borrow your items, they are cheaper then hell. If you insist on lending, take what you can get in my opinion.

S2buxtG.png

I was not aware that people borrwed a whip, and dragon hatchet. A sara sword I can understand for waterfiend tasks, but honsetly, it souns like you think you are going to be overrun with offers. No one pays to borrow your items, they are cheaper then hell. If you insist on lending, take what you can get in my opinion.

Amazing I know, but I've lent my abyssal whip several times (and not just to my kids). Same for the dragon hatchet. I know this is hard for you to wrap your mind around, but there are "newbies" out there who like to "try before they buy" to see if its really worth the $$. So, amazingly I have lent all 3 items several times. Some of the offers have been what I would consider "big" = especially for what they're getting. I feel bad taking so much for them, but I honestly don't know what the "going rate" would be. As stated, I don't want to "rip people off". I'm just trying to be fair. But thanks ever so for your "helpful" response.

I mean, honestly, if you think so little of me and my question, why did you even respond? I didn't ask if you thought this would be a great money maker. I didn't ask you what you thought about the topic at all. Do you even realize that its attitudes like your that keep people like me from even asking the question in the first place (or is THAT your intent? To keep people like me silent and out of your way?) I always thought Runescape (and by association Tip It) existed for everyone - from the "newbie" to the cautious skiller/quester to the "in your face" warrior. Just because I don't play the game as you do, doesn't make my experience less valid than yours - just different. And my question would actually cross all facets, if you took the time to think about it. "What guideline do you use" would apply to ANY item you wished to lend or was asked to lend for that matter. I'm just not the type to "get whatever I can" out of someone else. If someone is asking to barrow item "x" and I happen to have item "x" (and I'm not using it) I'll lend it. I don't stand around offering, that's not my style - ever. And because that's "not my style" (and I don't borrow things myself) I have absolutely zero frame of reference of what's even fair - and I'm all about being fair (maybe because I'm a Mom, or because I'm over 40, or I'm just a "nice person" - take your pick).

You can probably get away with charging 10 - 20k an hour for the saradomin sword as it is still a sought after weapon out of some peoples price range. As to the whip and dragon hatchet .. 100k for 24 hours. You really shouldn't charge more than that.

Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo
2mqj8rr.png
Minigames: Level 5 in All Barbarian Assault Roles PM me in game or on these forums to play. Over 500 Castle Wars Games with 460+ Tickets.

or I'm just a "nice person

Lol what.

If you're such a nice person, and you are infact, NOT using the item; why would you take money from a "newbie" at all?

Main Account - Max cape achieved 10th September 2011
Noob Account - 2300 total and climbing 

6CCmn.jpg

I mean, honestly, if you think so little of me and my question, why did you even respond? I didn't ask if you thought this would be a great money maker. I didn't ask you what you thought about the topic at all. Do you even realize that its attitudes like your that keep people like me from even asking the question in the first place (or is THAT your intent? To keep people like me silent and out of your way?) I always thought Runescape (and by association Tip It) existed for everyone - from the "newbie" to the cautious skiller/quester to the "in your face" warrior. Just because I don't play the game as you do, doesn't make my experience less valid than yours - just different. And my question would actually cross all facets, if you took the time to think about it. "What guideline do you use" would apply to ANY item you wished to lend or was asked to lend for that matter. I'm just not the type to "get whatever I can" out of someone else. If someone is asking to barrow item "x" and I happen to have item "x" (and I'm not using it) I'll lend it. I don't stand around offering, that's not my style - ever. And because that's "not my style" (and I don't borrow things myself) I have absolutely zero frame of reference of what's even fair - and I'm all about being fair (maybe because I'm a Mom, or because I'm over 40, or I'm just a "nice person" - take your pick).

wow havent seen a quality rage like that in a few weeks on this forum. :P

other then that saradomin sword you can get probably 10-20k out of others yeah 100k every 24hours is about it

"Happiness depends more on the inward disposition of mind than on outward circumstances."

Benjamin Franklin

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Albert Einstein

G%20I%20Jackass.png

G_I_Jackass.png

Why would you even bother going to the ge to find someone to lend something to for at most 25k

Because he's a nice guy ;)

Just ask him

Um...I said I was a Mom. Do we have some "gender confusion" here, or what? As for being "nice" yes - yes i am.

Why would you even bother going to the ge to find someone to lend something to for at most 25k

I don't "go to the ge" to find people to lend to. If I'm at the ge anyway, and someone is standing around asking to borrow item "x" and I have item "x", then I'll offer to lend it. And there has been 1 occasion when I did try to lend without charge, but they wouldn't do it - they insisted on paying me. I've given away a ton of items (especially antipoison and food when someone's on the brink of death), teleported people all over the place, and repaired/blesses every gravestone I see. I don't usually give out gp, but I'll give someone a fishing rod and bait so they can go earn some. It's just the way I was raised; I try my very best to "do unto others". Probably just an "old people thing" - since I AM over 40. :)

All females are males until proven other wise.

And again, if you're so nice, why bother about 10 k? Just give them then lend for free?

Main Account - Max cape achieved 10th September 2011
Noob Account - 2300 total and climbing 

6CCmn.jpg

They are quite cheap, and considering claws/ags usually go for 50k an hour, I'd say around 10k/hr sounds fair for the whip/sarasword, etc.

Thanks for answering the question asked. That's all I wanted. I guess there just isn't a "rule of thumb" to use as the items get bigger and better (ie: if item cost "x" then charge % "y" per hour lent).