Website Won't Load

Ava

Having quite the problem with the website not loading.

It loads the blue background and the top logo, and after a while, the ad on the top right side loads. I let it sit for quite a while, but the actual forum content won't load. I have to hit the refresh button about 3-4 times before it actually goes. This is happening on multiple computers for me.

An odd problem.. I'm not having issues with any other sites. Any advice?

A v a .

bannerdm.gif

Not having the problem here which you're seeing. (Forums are loading perfectly here, same for the main website.) Are you still having the issue? If so, it is probably beyond your control (and Tip.It Staff's as well) as it would have to deal with the path of routers that you're linking through to get here. Sorry. :(

~D. V. "We can't fix it, so we hope it fixed itself..." Devnull

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

Not having the problem here which you're seeing. (Forums are loading perfectly here, same for the main website.) Are you still having the issue? If so, it is probably beyond your control (and Tip.It Staff's as well) as it would have to deal with the path of routers that you're linking through to get here. Sorry. :(

~D. V. "We can't fix it, so we hope it fixed itself..." Devnull

That you don't have the problem doesn't mean that it is always user based...

@Ava

Which browser (internet explorer, google chrome, safari, opera etc.) and which OS (windows, mac, linux etc.) are you using? (and which version number of those?)

http://sign.tip.it/1/2/79/260/essiw.png

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!

I'm using Firefox 5.0 and the most recent version of Google Chrome on my other computer. I still have this problem :S

A v a .

bannerdm.gif

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi, I've been having a problem with the Tip.it website too

I can log into the forums as you can see, but I cannot get the main website to work, for things like guides, calcs, items, etc.

I'm using vista and IE, the latest version as far as I can remember, but can't remember the version number :oops:

I've had this problem for over a week now, and it's a little annoying so any help you could offer would be appreciated :mrgreen:

Kutchek.png

I can log into the forums as you can see, but I cannot get the main website to work, for things like guides, calcs, items, etc.

I'm using vista and IE, the latest version as far as I can remember, but can't remember the version number :oops:

I've had this problem for over a week now, and it's a little annoying so any help you could offer would be appreciated :mrgreen:

Try switching to chrome or firefox and see if that helps (it is quicker too).

http://sign.tip.it/1/2/79/260/essiw.png

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!

Try switching to chrome or firefox and see if that helps (it is quicker too).

Hi, I've tried it with chrome and get the same thing as with IE, this is the message I get with IE:-

Whoops! That didn't go well.

Try giving it another chance here:

And I get the same thing with chrome, but in dutch :-

Oeps! Google Chrome kan geen verbinding maken met www.tip.it

Probeer opnieuw te laden: www.­tip.­it

Aanvullende suggesties:

Een gecacht exemplaar van www.­tip.­it openen

So, I'm a bit stuck now #-o

Kutchek.png

Hi Tec,

No, if it was only now and again I wouldn't have posted, but it's all the time :blink:

I haven't been able to access the main site for ages now it seems :cry:

It could possibly be my end, but not being particularly pc-literate, I wouldn't know where to start to try and diagnose the problem :oops:

If you could get somebody to maybe come and shove me in the right direction, that would be great, thanks ;-)

Kutchek.png

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, I'm still having these troubles :blink:

This is a message I am getting:-

==========

Windows tried a repair but a problem still exists

Cannot communicate with www.tip.it(209.160.73.125).

Network diagnostics pinged the remote host but did not receive a response.

Reset the network adapter "Local Area Connection"

Resetting the adapter can sometimes resolve an intermittent problem.

==========

Any ideas of what else I can try to get the site up again, please?

Kutchek.png

Hey,

Sometime in May of this year, we've upgraded to a new server, which has the IP-address 184.173.129.226. The fact that your computer is still trying to connect to the old server at 209.160.73.125 is rather strange - such a change should take days to process at most, and not months. You could try contacting your ISP and see if the error's on their end. If they can't help you out, feel free to shoot me a private message and we can try to work something out. Apologies for the inconvenience!

Try running the command "ipconfig /flushdns" in command prompt - at very least that should make your computer find the new IP. If it doesn't, you definitely need to contact your isp.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

Hi guys,

Thanks very much for your help :)

I got a friend of mine to look at this forum and then let him have a play with it, and now it is working fine 8-)

I have no idea what he did though :oops:

Thanks very much again :-D

Kutchek.png