The Runar's DIY blog — OSRS ultimate ironman

Aim for atleast full guthans (for healing until bunyip) and just go get Verac Skirt/Torags platelegs to go with your plate body :P

But 2/4 guthans pieces is not too shabby, keep it up ^^

Full guthans would be nice, but I have the feeling that I'll get 68 summoning before that :D

Anyway, 50 chests done... last 20 chests dry... -.-

The event will tomorrow, but I've got five barrows items, thousands of runes (~8k minds, ~4k chaoses, ~2k bloods - deaths I've already used on magic dart) and 59-66 magic (probably 67 tomorrow), so even if I get no more items, this event wasn't certainly a loss for me. It was fun too :)

Barrows extra loot week is over. I opened 56 chests in total; sadly I didn't get any more barrows items after chest #30.

Anyway, here's what I got:

20120110barrowsloot.png

Of course I used a ton of minds, chaoses and deaths for fire bolt and magic dart while doing it; I got much more of them than what is shown here.

I have almost 67 magic now (59 when I started), and these runes are probably enough for 70+. Guess I could still train it a bit more :P I think I'll kill blue dragons or something else that has good drops. I would kill iron dragons but it's not really worth it without antifires, which I won't have for a while.

Now that the Barrows week is over, I need to choose what to do next.

Some goals I'm (probably) doing eventually:

- 60 mining for Lunar Diplomacy

- 57 herblore for Fairy Tale part 2 (I already have all the skills for part 3)

- 69 herblore for antifires, after which I could camp metal dragons until I get a rune axe hatchet (maybe I'll get one from level 3 clues, though...)

- 70 magic just for the sake of it :P

Scorpion Catcher and Enlightened Journey are done! :) Next quest will probably be Making History, and after that maybe Shadow of the Storm and the RfD miniquests I can do (Evil Dave, Skrach Uglogwee and Sir Amik Varze).

• 2 weeks later...

So yeah... I haven't played very much recently. I got jack of trades today though, probably going to use it on Slayer for a while :)

20120128jackoftrades.png

I don't have very much interest in RS right now though. Maybe I'll take a break.

So today I just had to try out the new tutorial... it was quite good, actually :)

I managed to complete the new quest, unlocked air guitar emote, accidentally fed my dragon scimmy to the troll pet ( -.- ), and ended the day with a nice level.

2012013168magic.png

• 4 weeks later...

The new Squeel of Fortune could be an EPIC source of money, if I had any luck. Got 40 steel arrows and a feather today. Meh -.-

I think I'll get 58 slayer tomorrow, after which I can camp cave horrors for a black mask or until I get 65 attack and strength. That is, assuming that I actually start playing again. Not sure yet.

Might be an easy high-end weapon/armour piece without all the boss hunting/preparation :thumbup:

*Been contemplating switching completely to my DIY acc*

vP6O8.png

Click for blog - Thanks to Iglw for the amazing signature ;)

As I said, I'm not sure if I'll start playing again yet ;)

Today I got 50 gp and a sardine from the wheel. What's the point of including total crap like sardines on the wheel anyway? <_<

Anyway, 7k xp to 58 slayer. I'm not sure if I'm exactly looking forward to camping cave horrors (it took me a few hundred kills to get a mask drop on my main, but then I got three of them very quickly - the last two were less than 10 minutes apart), but a black mask would be incredibly useful. Current task is fungal mages, which means that I'll probably get 69 magic today too :)

No black mask yet (I killed maybe around 100 cave horrors), but I finally got a nature talisman! I have enough natures for alching drops, but if I ever have to mass-alch something (bows maybe - I have 3.4k maple logs in my bank already) I need to make my own runes.

20120301naturetalisman.png

I also got a clue scroll, but it wasn't that good - zamorak arrows, some laws and natures, black d'hide chaps and mahogany planks.

I think I'll try getting 65 attack and strength tomorrow, though I must get some food first. Around 20k attack xp and 40k strength xp left :)

Got a dragonstone from cave horrors today :) I also got 65 strength so I went to Warriors' Guild.

There I got 59 defence and 85 combat. I think I'll do Smoking Kills tomorrow so I can start collecting slayer points :)

2012030485combat.png

I also got all the defenders. 86 kills total to get bronze-dragon. Now I just need 19k more defence xp to use the dragon defender -.-

20120304dragondefender.png

What a horrible quest <_< I used one lamp on slayer and the other one on summoning

20120305onesmallfavour.png

Now I just need to do Swan Song to fish monkfish. And maybe after that I'll finally do Smoking Kills? Though I could of course do Salt in the Wound first for the great xp reward...