Due to the significant updates that have taken place, you now need to login with your display name or e-mail address, NOT your login name. ×
Due to posts that are 5+ years old being rebuilt, some of the older BBCodes may not have converted properly but still be in the post. Most posts are unaffected but some using what was our custom BBCode (like [spoiler]) will be a bit broken. ×
The Runar

The Runar's DIY blog — OSRS ultimate ironman

I'm currently playing OSRS as an (unofficial) ironman. I started my current account (Old Runar) in February 2014.

My current OSRS goals:

• 99 ranged
  • gilded altar
  • guthan's platebody
  • toxic blowpipe
  • serpentine helm
  • [hide=RS3 information (very outdated)]

So, after reading some other DIY blogs (Sydney Prime and itam especially) I decided to make my own DIY account.

[hide=What is DIY?]DIY ("do it yourself") basically means that everything I do on this account will be done without help from other players. No trading, no teams for bosses or dungeoneering etc.[/hide]

[hide=My DIY rules]

• no trading (GE or otherwise - except for two quests, Shield of Arrav and Heroes' Quest)
    • no assist system
    • all monsters will be soloed
    • dungeoneering will be trained solo
    • no multiplayer minigames (not sure about this yet - not that I play those minigames anyway)
    [/hide]

[hide=About myself]I'm a 20-year-old "nubby fin" who has played RS for over six years. I've always liked quests and skilling a lot; combat is nice every once in a while too. I used to play mostly DIY before GE, only trading with other players a few times (to get prayer potions and full rune for example).Other than RuneScape, I play Minecraft, roguelikes (such as Nethack - no, I haven't won yet) and sometimes Civilization IV/V and Dwarf Fortress.[/hide]

Current stats:The_Runar.png

Bank pics:

5 May 2013

8 Jan 2013

29 Apr 2012

16 Mar 2012

5 Jan 2012

16 July 2011

Goals:

The_Runar.png

The_Runar.png

[/hide]

I found a clue scroll, yay! But...

20110715cluescroll.png

I need 20 ranged for that coif. And as far as I know the only ways to get a coif are making one (at 38 crafting) or buying one from the Champions' Guild (33 QP)...

Thanks!

I managed to do Priest in Peril and trained some stats. I got 20 ranged from cows and banked the hides to get a few crafting levels. Now I just need 33 QP for that stupid coif <_<

Current stats:

20110715stats.png

Thanks both :)

I got 33 QP from a few easy high-QP quests to do the clue and the reward was this:

20110716cluereward.png

Not really what I hoped for... -.-

Next goal: 40 fishing :)

Got 40 fishing, now I have enough food for a while... sadly I only got 39 cooking, so I need to fish a bit more to cook lobsters.

Current stats:

20110716stats.png

Current bank (lol):

20110716bank.png

Got 20 defence and slayer. Nothing really interesting.

I wonder how I should train crafting by the way? I need level 41 for fishing urns, but it's not the easiest skill to train as a DIY :/

Mine clay and make urns.

Crafting protoleather bodies in dg is pretty good too, you get about 20k per c6 at my combat level which is 30 on my DIY. Proto leather is only 400gp each.

2s0cxth.png

Crafting protoleather bodies in dg is pretty good too, you get about 20k per c6 at my combat level which is 30 on my DIY. Proto leather is only 400gp each.

That's definitely worth a try, thanks :)

Did Imp Catcher (ammy of accuracy, yay!) and Buyers and Cellars to get my thieving started.

I got a slayer task of banshees, which are pretty much impossible for me to kill right now - takes a whole inventory of trout to kill just a few. It's from Turael, so I can't change it either.

The plan is to kill chaos druids for a while to get my stats up (maybe 30 in all melees - will get me some herbs too) and then finish the task.

*reads* Runarisshyon... *stares at own forum name* Oh my! It's a match!!! *Amused*

Good luck man!!!! :)

TRUE DIS.

i'm 12,000 years old and what is this

The boss took a while, as I had to use a safespot and had no range weapon other than Kayle's sling. I couldn't be bothered to get a bow, so I killed him with the sling. The reward was certainly worth it, got 40 attack and I can move around much faster :)

20110721treegnomevillag.png

Will be using this until I get a rune scimmy from fire giants ^_^

20110721runesword.png

Ooo didn't know you could safe spot him. This shall be the next quest I do on my diy'er!

Grats on all the progress! <3

Kaiya_Tomiko.png Roky_X.png

Ooo didn't know you could safe spot him. This shall be the next quest I do on my diy'er!

Grats on all the progress! <3

Me too! Thanks for the heads up.

2s0cxth.png

How on earth are you going to kill the Titan? He's level 120... O_o

Kaiya_Tomiko.png Roky_X.png

How on earth are you going to kill the Titan? He's level 120... O_o

He doesn't move, so I could attack him with a ranged weapon until he's almost dead and then switch to excalibur for the killing blow

Did Stronghold of Security and some noob tasks to get better armor :P

20110724addyarmor.png

Kiteshield isn't sold anywhere, but banshees can drop it. Hopefully I'll get one during this task :)

EDIT: lol

20110724cluescroll.png

Do you think it's worth it to use big bones @ ectofuntus or should I just wait until I can get dragon bones? I've never used ectofuntus before, so I don't really know how time-consuming it is...