The Runar's DIY blog — OSRS ultimate ironman

Chosen Commander is done! :)

20120402thechosencomman.png

Here's some nostalgia just for fun (it's my main account, back on the release day three years ago)

chosencommandercompleted.jpg

And here is me ranging aviansies! I killed a total of 30, got 24 addy bars and a clue scroll. I practiced prayer flashing too to save prayer potions ^_^

20120402aviansie.png

Today was awesome!

King's Ransom, Defender of Varrock, Salt in the Wound In Pyre Need, Forgettable Tale of a Drunken Dwarf and Forgiveness of a Chaos Dwarf done. 50-52 summoning (yay terrorbirds), 65-67 defence, 61 ranged (rune crossbow <3), 68 hitpconstitution, 54-60 firemaking, 61 hunter, 62 slayer and so on =) Possibly my last six quest day, don't have very many left to do :P

Gained almost 500k xp, about twice my previous record :o

oh and I soloed kbd

I've decided to set two goals for myself, which I'm going to complete before - or at least during - summer. These are getting a fire cape and doing While Guthix Sleeps.

[hide=Fire cape]The cape of course gives excellent bonuses, but I also want to get it just for the sake of it. It will probably be extremely difficult with my quite low stats and less-than-optimal equipment, but I'm sure I can do it eventually.

The main problem is that I don't have access to saradomin brews, which means that my healing ability will be limited. I'm planning to use either Guthan's set or blood spells to heal. Most likely blood spells, because Guthan's set could take forever to get, even though I already have two pieces. So that means I have to do Desert Treasure, which is a problem in itself - I need 12 magic logs for it, for which I need either 75 woodcutting or I need to collect them from nature implings. I already have collected two logs, but it can easily take half an hour to get a single one. It would still be faster than getting 75 woodcutting, however.

I'm thinking of using ranged - rune crossbow and broad-tipped bolts. For the bolts, I need 300 slayer points - 15 tasks, counting my current hellhound task and the bonus for every 10th task. At least the bolts are fairly cheap and they will be useful later.

I'll probably do the Elder Kiln quest to get the very useful ring (Tokkul-Zo), though the quest can also be quite difficult.[/hide]

[hide=While Guthix Sleeps]This will probably be easier than the fire cape. I already have most of the requirements, and the rest look quite easy. I'm not sure of the difficulty of the quest itself though.

However, there's one problem. Legends' Quest. The problem is that a rune hatchet is required for it, and it's extremely hard to get DIY. I have three options:

1) 69 herblore (actually 64 + 5 from spicy stew) to make antifires and then camping iron/steel dragons until I get a hatchet. This is what I'll most likely do, 57-64 herblore shouldn't be impossible and the dragons are no problem with magic. They have quite nice other drops too.

The other possibility for antifires is getting them from elite clues, but as the giant mole is pretty much the only monster I can get them from and they're very rare, I don't think I'll bother.

2) Hard clue scrolls. As far as I know, it's possible to get rune hatchets from them. With some luck I'll get one before I even get 64 herblore :)

3) 86 smithing (81 + spicy stew) to make one myself. I would need 15k+ iron ores for Artisans Workshop, so I don't think I'll try this.

Yet another possibility would be getting a dragon hatchet from DKs, but I don't think I can do that yet :P[/hide]

Any tips would be greatly appreciated :)

You know those heart-stopper drinks you get on the barcrawl <_<

I just experienced one irl.

But congratzzzz :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

vP6O8.png

Click for blog - Thanks to Iglw for the amazing signature ;)