The Ashen Face

archimage_a

Its 1991, you are living in Britain, or visiting, its July 20th.

Who are you and what are you doing here?*

Name:

Date of Birth:

Nationality:

Home Country:

Where are you:

Why you are where you are:

Once you have I will PM/IM/Post you back and give you a situation, then you PM/IM/Post a responce back, and so on and so forth.

Anyone can partake and the story will move with you!(For this reason meeting up is a tad complicated, unless you are both/all on at the same time)

*Common Knowledge History:

1989:

World Leaders and a lot of their constitutional successors in the Western World(With the exception of France), Russia and China were killed in 1989 in unexplained circumstances.

Immediately afterwards the Cold War turned Hot when America and Russia simultanously attacked each other(The person power fell to was a committed Anti-Communist/American).

While some of their instructions were carried out, the majority were not, leading to only a handful of nuclear weapons being used.

Shortly there after they were both deposed and an uneasy peace was declared.

America and Britian are paralysed momentarily, since there is no strong leader to take charge (IE doesn't have the support of congress/house of commons/etc)

In Europe, France immediately takes charge of Germany, and with Germany the rest of Europe(minus Britian, Switzerland and a handful of other nations).

Russia collapses into disarray and France uses its new found power to democratise Easten Europe. The French Unity Party is pushed in all of the countries democratised.

1990:

However, Europe begins recovering and countries begin throwing off French control, leaving much disarray and chaos on the continent.

Britain is united under a coalition that none of the public really wanted, headed by the Conservative Party, and 'Bussiness as Usual' is declared.

America continues in chaos, with States functioning as a law unto themselves.

1991:

America finally comes out as a weak Federal Government, headed by the Tea Party.

The True History, only read if you are curious.

[hide]

1989 March 15th- Invitations are sent to all current NATO countries leaders, to come to the 40th Anniversary of its founding.

1989 April 4th- NATO has its 40th anniversary.

1989 April 5th- America receives a tip off that China is about to attack, with Nuclear Weapons. NATO, having only just had a collective meeting instantly implement procedures, calling together all military staff for a briefing. All public relations are called off, families are secured at Phoenix centres.

1989 April 10th- A wave of illness sweeps the attendants of the anniversary, early test results point towards poisoning.

1989 April 11th- The entire staff and their families are suffering from the mystery illness. The public is not informed so as not to alarm the public. Further analysis shows that they were suffering from a highly advanced form of HIV, but reliant on bacteria rather than virus(so really HIB). This was initially taken as good news, it appeared treatable, however the bacterium was unnaturally aggressive, actually speeding up when the immune system attacked it.

1989 April 12th- The staff at the Phoenix centres and medical facilities begin to show symptoms. Over five thousand people were infected world wide by now. All were under quarantine, if one person was to slip though the net then the results could be catastrophic. Investigations point to the NATO anniversary as the cause of the out break.

1989 April 13th- Everyone, with the exception of Margret Thatcher(UK), from the anniversary is dead. Thatcher hangs on the edge. Panic ensues at the Phoenix centres, in Texas, where everyone has now been moved. The most senior, non-infected, military officer, an American Rear Admiral, orders the facilities to be destroyed before any trace can escape. Neutron Weapons should have been selected but were not. Two 20 Mega Tonnes bombs were delivered to each facility. The devices were exploded inside the facility, each time the delivery crews were trapped inside as well.

1989 April 20th- Conspiracy fanatics accurately guess what has happened, however since none of the leaders have been officially declared dead yet they have little impact on the world.

1989 April 22nd- A NATO plane is crashed in the Atlantic. Officially the NATO leader had been at a disarmament conference in Iceland, they were flying back to the UN when their plane suffered systems failure and crashed. It is officially declared an accident.

1989 April 28th- NATO is given unoffical control of all constituent countries, there is uproar in many cities and a miliary solution seems best. The idea was suggested by the same Rear Admiral, now head of NATO.

1989 April 30th- Gorbachev is assassinated. His reform polices are however unstoppable. The new Red Leader is secretive, quickly using the Red Army to put down uprisings across the USSR.

1989 May 3rd- The Red Army meets with resistance it cannot overthrow for the first time. The resistance fighters call themselves the Whites and call on NATO for aid. NATO responds, sending thousands of troops to Berlin, destroying the wall and liberating the city. The USSR responds by destroying an American satellite. The effect only provokes the young Rear Admiral who has gone mad with power, all out war is declared. The Federal Republics of Germany is the first to object to the measure. Street fighting prompts the Red Leader not to attack.

1989 May 4th- Most nations pull out of NATO. The Mir space station is shot down by American Nuclear Missiles. America has pulled out of NATO but the authorisation codes have yet to be changed. Chaos has overtaken the Red Army, but the loss of NATO support makes the Whites more weary, slowing their unstoppable liberation.

1989 May 5th- The UN holds a session to impeach the Rear Admiral. The UN agree almost unanimously. After a nine hour shoot out he is captured and convicted of crimes against humanity.

1989 October 19th- The Red Leader is captured, the USSR is put into the hands of the Whites and begins a rapid reform program, hoping to collapse itself by the end of 1990. Many western powers are sceptical about the whole thing.

[/hide]

Game will start in a few days, if people are interested.

You are free to choose most any character you like.

Oh, a word on mad scientists and what not. 10 years advanced of normal is the furthest I will allow.

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

THE FRENCH WIN?

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

Well, this sounds interesting. I'll give it a wack (I like history anyway)

Name: Alice Kumori

Bate of Birth: April 9, 1979

Nationality: American by birth; dislikes America

Home country: None, due to constant traveling

Where am I: London

Why am I where I am: While on a family trip to France, I ran away. My parents were to oblivious and I got away with it. So, after France, I made my way to London, posing as a school student. I probably will be caught at some point but it's fun. I'm a good kid, so I don't get in trouble with the police or INTERPOL.

I'm sorry, but what is the game? Are we politicians or there to help with a war, or are we just plain civilians going about our day-to-day business?

Good question.

You are anyone. The point of the game is to flesh out the game.

You can be Joe Bloggs, butcher from Essex.

Or you can be the MP for Sunderland South, or Prime Minister or a homeless person.

You can be a CIA agent in Dublin, or an MI5 agent in Sommerset.

You can be Dr Von Mathanstien, keynote speaker at the London Advanced Physics and Coil Gun Convention, from Norway.

Or Breaky McBomber, suicide bomber from Iraq.

I will allow anything that is realistic and falls within the 10 year tech rule (You also need a workable backstory).

THE FRENCH WIN?

Aye, but as per usual, they screw it up. :thumbup:

Name: Alice Kumori

Bate of Birth: April 9, 1995

Nationality: American by birth; dislikes America

Home country: None, due to constant traveling

Where am I: London

Why am I where I am: While on a family trip to France, I ran away. My parents were to oblivious and I got away with it. So, after France, I made my way to London, posing as a school student. I probably will be caught at some point but it's fun. I'm a good kid, so I don't get in trouble with the police or INTERPOL.

Sounds good to me.

Only thing I would point out is that the game is set in 1991, four years before you were born =P

Now, you don't have to do anything, but you can post a picture of your character, where they live, any friends they have, what sort of grades they have, any languages they have...Pretty much anything you can think of to make your character come alive =)

Nah, the point of the game is create a character, and then something happens (It kinda defeats the suprise element to say 'AND THEN ALIENS INVADE' in the opening post...Then you end up with 5 Xeno-Biologists with Anti-Alien guns...For referance, unless I am double bluffing, Aliens will NOT invade).

Oopsie. I'll fix the year then. XD (Now she was born in 1979)

As for how she looks....... O.O I never drew Alice since she's a prototype RP character (which I've been testing anyway) I've never determined much for physical features. I'll have her set and drawn in a few hours.

Name: Håkon Sand

Date of Birth: 29/04.1969

Nationality: Norwegian

Home Country: Norway

Where are you: London

Why you are where you are: Vacation

Profession: Astro technician

Education: Astrotechnology + master's degree in astrophysics

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

I like the potential. For all we know, it could end up 'AND THEN SUDDENLY CTHULHU' and we'd have to crack our knuckles and punch out some Wendigos.

Name: Adam Lindhurst

Date of Birth: June 17th, 1968

Nationality: British, third generation German immigrant

Home Country: Britain

Where are you: Small town near a nuclear detonation site in Southern England.

Why you are where you are:

A wanderer with little money to his name after the war devastated his home community, he saw potential in the ruins of more harder-hit areas of the country. With a sledgehammer over his shoulder, he works on building sites and in quarries for the new towns popping up around the damaged countryside along with personal forays into the desolate ruins to salvage what he can.

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

I am currently in the Isle of White on holiday so I won't be able to play very actively until next Monday. I am not able to write up a substantial description just yet but am very interested in playing this game.

qTLQRuS.png

Might just play the spy from tf2 if I can't narrow down my list of potential characters

It's a REALLY big shaft.

I didn't catch fire, I used the can of hairspray as a flamethrower and pointed it at my arm.

how are you going to ignore my posts when I'm offering to let you live as my vassal in two weeks time?

Yeah, and stabbing you in the back. French aren't good at open combat but if you piss them off they can screw with you in different ways.

FaladorTavern.png

Youtube account: Earthgragonsage; currently uploading not an effing thing.

[hide=Memorable Crossroads Quotes.]

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

Name: Joseph Rader

Date of Birth: 1960

Nationality: American

Home Country: America

Where are you: Generic low cost hotel in london waiting to do an add pitch for a high profile client.

Why you are where you are: Joe is, to put it bluntly a professional liar; or in more favorable terms an add man. He works at generic firm as a partner in the business and is the highest ranking member of the away team, that is to say the people who pitch adds to clients in different countries. He rose through the ranks of the firm through a solid mixture of talent and subterfuge (of which little is suspected) and is one of the few great examples of a self made man (he attended night school for a couple of years rather than a full on university education) and has a gift for telling people exactly what they want to hear, regardless of its veracity.

LNYvk.png

Alice Kumori (added stuff)

[hide=Alice Kumori Picture]oj4bkj.jpg[/hide]

[hide=Grades]Reading: A-

Teacher Comments: Excellent reading skills, is commonly caught reading ahead or a different book, usually about history

Writing: B-

Teacher Comments: Handwriting mostly legible, perfers to write historical fictitious works.

Arithmitic: A

Teacher Comments: Fine mathematical skills. Finishes work early.

Science: B

Teacher Comments: Skilled child, knows what to do before told. Missing Assignments

History: A+

Teacher Comments: Seems to perfer history, at the top of the class. Excellent reports.

Language: B+

Teacher Comments: Knows Japanese, French, and Spanish the best. Missing Assignments. [/hide]

[hide=Other stuff to know]No friends, many aquantinces.

Carries a small bag with few essentials, mainly some cash, a passport, pencil and notepads.

Knows how to fight.

Stubborn, rarely works with others.

Elligable to work. [/hide]