How has runescape changed?

2handeddagger

Hey everyone, I haven't played runescape in around 3 years and decided to log on and see how it changed. It seemed like a completely different game. I've also been browsing the forums and lots of people seem to think it is a lot easier to make money and level up these days. Can someone explain what changed and how come it is so easy to level up now (more specifically in the f2p game). Thanks!

With respects to F2P:

- the introduction of the Artisan's Workshop and reintroduction of the Boneyard have made it easier (but not faster) to level up Smithing and Prayer, respectively.

- the resource dungeon in the Dwarven Mine has made Mining more attractive as powerleveing no longer requires drop mining iron. Unfortunately, it, like most other training spots in F2P, is saturated with bots.

- the introduction of the Grand Exchange made merchanting (and price manipulating) easier, even since the return of free trade.

- f you're solo Dungeoneering, you can easily train Crafting at the end of each dungeon with your leftover cash (I've gone up several levels from this).

- the introduction of skilling urns has made all sorts of skills easier to train at the expense of a few inventory slots while doing it.

That's just a few off the top of my head.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

I say it's better. Lots of new content. If it wasn't for the vast amount of updates along the years, I probably would have gotten bored of this game by now. Oh, and this botting issue isn't really new. Have you played before the restricted trade era? Tons of bots. There are just more now because Runescape has become more popular, therefore more players=more goldsellers=more bots. Don't blame Jagex, blame math.

One last point: I can't think of a single case where Jagex's supposed "greedy evil money grubbing bastards" business model has affected the game negatively. I mean actually negatively, not just stupid crap like a single popup that tells you to subscribe or something insignificant like that.

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

Except for a very small selection of choice contect, every update is complete [cabbage]. The content is played for the first few days and after that is forever deserted. (I can't stress enough that there are some good updates, but they are few and far between.) Mind you, I'm taking into consideration all types of updates (quests, low level content, high level, etc.)

S2buxtG.png

Except for a very small selection of choice contect, every update is complete [cabbage]. The content is played for the first few days and after that is forever deserted. (I can't stress enough that there are some good updates, but they are few and far between.) Mind you, I'm taking into consideration all types of updates (quests, low level content, high level, etc.)

True, there havnt been a good/major update since like free trade. Each month i read bts im always disappointed.