Mlbfan13's 20 greatest hip hop albums of all time

Da Pirates

I know it seems cliché to still make these lists nowadays but I just couldn't help myself with all the music i've been listening to lately. List starts at 20 and ends at 1.

20. TI - Trap Muzik

220px-Trap_muzik_b0000akqgt.jpg

This album has that early 2000 feel to it and with good reason, with tracks like "24's" and "Rubberband Man" this album is a classic.

19. Gucci Mane - The State Vs. Radric Davis

220px-The_state_vs_radric_davis_cover.jpg

I know I usually hate on mainstream rap but this album BUMPS. My favorite song is "All about that money". You cannot replicate a beat that unique.

18. 50 Cent - The Massacre

220px-The_Massacre.JPG

Definitely $15 well spent back in 2005. This album has a couple really good tracks but it is the start of 50 cent becoming mainstream. I didn't really care for the single off the album (Candy Shop) that much. Get in my car is the best song on the album

17. Jay-Z - The Black Album

220px-Jay-z-black-album.jpg

Not really a huge fan of Jay-Z but I gotta respect his old stuff. Dirt off your shoulder was a classic.

16. Cypress Hill - Black Sunday

220px-Cypress_Hill-Black_Sunday.jpg

Perfect album for smoking to. Hits from the bong is perfect to listen to after well... hitting a bong :lol:

15. Atmosphere - You Can't Imagine how much fun we're having

Atmoshperefun.jpg

Slug is an incredible rapper and one of my favorites. Pour me another is a song you HAVE to listen to

14. Young Buck - Straight Outta Cashville

220px-Youn_buck1.jpg

This album has one of Young Buck's best songs: Stomp. Featured some of the best rappers collaborating back in their prime (50 Cent, TI, Ludacris)

13. The Game - The Documentary

220px-Game-the-documentary.jpg

THIS IS HOW WE DO. Unforgettable song, has been bumped in almost every system at least once. Hate it or love it is also one of my favorites.

12. Lil Wayne - Tha Charter III

220px-CarterIII.jpg

I KNOW i'm gonna get flamed for this one. But the impact this album had was insane. Every person on the face of the earth has heard A Milli before.

11. Eminem - Curtain Call

220px-Curtain_Call.jpg

Ugh I don't really care for Eminem at all. But his greatest hits album really does have his best songs on it. Classic tracks no doubt.

10. 50 Cent - Get Rich or Die Tryin'

220px-Get_Rich_Or_Die_Tryin%27.JPG

He's back on the list but can ya blame me? This was his best work, and some of the best stuff i've heard out of a mainstream rapper. P.I.M.P has that "tropical" feel to it.

9. Ice Cube - Death Certificate

Ice_Cube-Death_Certificate_%28album_cover%29.jpg

This is a classic 90's album of Ice Cube at his prime. He later put less effort into his rap career and focused on acting.

8. Dr. Dre - The Chronic

220px-Dr.DreTheChronic.jpg

Definitely considered an elite album in rap history. Nuthin' but a G thing is the song everybody knows.

7. Dr. Dre - 2001

220px-DrDre-2001.jpg

This and The Chronic could have either gone for #7, I just happen to be a bit more biased to more modern rap :P. This album had a bunch of great songs like Still D.R.E. and Forget about Dre.

6. Eazy-E - Eazy-Duz-It

220px-Eazy-E_Eazy-Duz-It.jpg

This album was one of those classics also. Shaped the "gangsta rap" influence of Eazy.

5. NWA - Straight Outta Compton

220px-N.W.A.StraightOuttaComptonalbumcover.jpg

[bleep] the police. All I gotta say.

4. The Notorious B.I.G - Ready To Die

220px-Ready_To_Die.jpg

Biggie's only album to be released while he was alive. Really showed why he was one of the best.

3. Eric B. and Rakim - Paid In Full

220px-RakimPIF.jpg

These two were around before pac and biggie and influenced MANY rappers we listen to today.

2. Big L - Lifestylez ov da Poor & Dangerous

220px-BigL-Lifestylez.jpg

Put it on Big L, Put it on! This guy was up there with Pac and Biggie no doubt. Was not as mainstream but had just as much talent to match them.

1. 2Pac - All Eyez On Me

220px-Alleyezonme.jpg

Well what can I say about this one... other than it is a landmark album and will never be forgotten in rap history.

Hope you enjoyed this list!

BR BR BR? HUEHUEHEUEHUE

I don't try to hate but I found it funny you say you hate on "mainstream" but the greater majority of your artists/ CDs are very "mainstream" pieces of work. Personally though, I don't know if I would come up with the same list, but I can respect it.

tFtfA.jpg

I KNOW i'm gonna get flamed for this one. But the impact this album had was insane. Every person on the face of the earth has heard A Milli before.

I've actually never heard that song before. The title is familiar, but I have no idea how the song goes.

I can't really comment on your list as I don't listen to much rap but... yeah.

I think I'll make an album list this week if I get bored.

I don't try to hate but I found it funny you say you hate on "mainstream" but the greater majority of your artists/ CDs are very "mainstream" pieces of work.

This. I don't even know how you could say that you usually hate mainstream when that's pretty much all your list.

I will introduce you to A Tribe Called Quest:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFZLq6R-ZtM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYbwFuw_QQI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRrM6tfOHds

Give me A Tribe Called Quest over Gucci Mane any day.

wild_bunch.gif

He who learns must suffer, and, even in our sleep, pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart,

and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.

- Aeschylus (525 BC - 456 BC)

Whats Milli? I'm serious.

modmarkl.jpg
~ 3,072nd to 99 Mining on August 30th, 2009 ~
~ 112,084th to 99 Magic on April 16th, 2011 ~

~ 131,681st to 99 Crafting on March 29, 2019 ~

~ 178,385th to 99 Prayer on April 2, 2019 ~

~ 234,921st to 99 Defence on May 9, 2019 ~

~ 173,480th to 99 Herblore on June 21, 2019 ~

~ 155,160th to 99 Smithing on July 16, 2019 ~

• 3 weeks later...

You're missing all the best stuff - the stuff from the 80s, when rap had a positive message as opposed to this violent guff of today.

You forgot the "YOU KIDS THESE DAYS!" and *cane shake*

Probably a bit late to change that now; I'm only 17, but somehow I've become a grumpy old fart.

You're missing all the best stuff - the stuff from the 80s, when rap had a positive message as opposed to this violent guff of today.

You forgot the "YOU KIDS THESE DAYS!" and *cane shake*

Probably a bit late to change that now; I'm only 17, but somehow I've become a grumpy old fart.

Being on the internet has that effect. It's normal.

Oh I remember this [cabbage]. But I remember the Obama version.

"Ladies and gentlemen, the President of the United States, Barack...

Obama Obama Obama Obama Obo-Obo-Obama."

modmarkl.jpg
~ 3,072nd to 99 Mining on August 30th, 2009 ~
~ 112,084th to 99 Magic on April 16th, 2011 ~

~ 131,681st to 99 Crafting on March 29, 2019 ~

~ 178,385th to 99 Prayer on April 2, 2019 ~

~ 234,921st to 99 Defence on May 9, 2019 ~

~ 173,480th to 99 Herblore on June 21, 2019 ~

~ 155,160th to 99 Smithing on July 16, 2019 ~

Oh god... there's some [cabbage]ty albums on there that I wouldn't even dare refer to as Hip Hop. It always makes me sad when I see Lil Wayne or Gucci Mane being discussed in a Hip Hop thread.

There is some albums on there that I can respect or even listen to, but those few pieces that belong in the trash ruin the total picture.

*ahem* sorry if this is hurtful, but honestly, educate yourself.

29mq23n.jpg

There's an elephant in the room

And everytime I mention it I'm a fool.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh god... there's some [cabbage]ty albums on there that I wouldn't even dare refer to as Hip Hop. It always makes me sad when I see Lil Wayne or Gucci Mane being discussed in a Hip Hop thread.

There is some albums on there that I can respect or even listen to, but those few pieces that belong in the trash ruin the total picture.

*ahem* sorry if this is hurtful, but honestly, educate yourself.

Oh, so I need to educate myself because some hipster on a runescape forum disagrees with my opinion? Maybe you need to stop listening to your 90's underground hip hop broaden your horizons a bit. I could honesly give a [bleep] about what you thought of my list - I was posting MY OPINION on the top 20 albums in rap. But thanks for the bump anyway.

BR BR BR? HUEHUEHEUEHUE