It's Super Effective!

LLORT CAN BE A SAMWICH MAKER TO

He is inverse harpy. How can he do it WITHOUT THUMBS?

Oh, rs was loading and my typing ended up on the "username" part of the tab, preventing me from typing 'thumbs'. It said 'HUMBSHUMB'.

Damn you, Java.

#4. The Harpy Eagle Can and Will Crush You

The harpy eagle is pretty much as powerful as you can get while still being able to fly. It has a crushing grip of 530 pounds per square inch. If that's a meaningless number to you, let's put it like this: The average man has a grip of about 60 pounds. The typical dog bite clocks a mere 320. Freaking wolves can only chew you at a 400 pounds per square inch. This bird beats them all.

Via Birdphotos.com

And he knows it.

But surely, even a bird with a grip that can shame the jaws of a feral canine is still just a bird? What could it do to a full-grown man? Tear off a finger with its little claws?

Quite a bit more than that, actually, considering that its talons are the same size as those of a [bleep]ing grizzly bear.

Via Skepchick.org

"Just letting you know, buddy, it would be in your best interest to never, ever let go."

The harpy eagle applies its horror grip via 5-inch talons that it can sink into pretty much anything it wants. And let's not forget that it also has a razor-sharp beak that would make a Japanese swordsman hang his tools in shame and retire to a quiet life running a small sake bar.

To drive the point home, the harpy eagle likes to show off its power by crushing the skulls of monkeys, then eating them. That is, if they just won't flat out carry the poor prey away, like they do to this sloth:

Wait, did we say superhero? Because we're just going to go out on a limb and assume that a superpowered entity based on it wouldn't necessarily be fighting the good fight.

Read more: 5 Birds With Abilities That Put Superheroes to Shame | Cracked.com http://www.cracked.com/article_19483_5-birds-with-abilities-that-put-superheroes-to-shame.html#ixzz1bX20yqS4

Also for Squab:

#2. The Gannet Is the Juggernaut ... With an Air Bag

The gannet is a graceful if rather silly-looking seabird that lives a life similar to other marine birds ... or it would, if it wasn't for its secret superpower.

You see, the gannet differentiates itself from its peers with its hunting habits. Like many other seabirds that depend on fish for sustenance, it has a tendency to fly high and swoop down at its prey. Unlike other seabirds, though, it doesn't bother with things like "personal safety" or, for that matter, "terminal velocity." Gannets can -- and constantly do --- hit the water at speeds of up to 90 miles per hour. This is particularly impressive when you take into account the fact that the water's surface tension guarantees that hitting the sea at those speeds is not unlike slamming face first into a cement block.

Via blog.earth-touch.com

They're like bullets that can also shit on your windshield.

Reason dictates the impact should turn the bird into a feathery pancake supper for the very fish it tried to catch. Yet the gannet smashes right through both the sea surface and our puny laws of physics. It accomplishes this by having an extra-thick, helmet-like skull that is able to withstand impact. And, just because you just can never be invulnerable enough when playing kamikaze for a living, the bird further overcompensates with special airbags in its neck and shoulders. These can be inflated at will to absorb impacts that would kill just about any other animal. In fact, the gannet tends to hit the water so fast it won't even need to painstakingly snatch at the fish with its beak -- it just stuns them on impact. Then, if it's still hungry, it just repeats the whole death drop again. And again.

So yes, what we have here is potential for a hero that can take a beating like no other. Imagine him dive-tackling a running criminal from a nearby rooftop, and then smashing through a brick wall, totally unfazed. You can punch him all you want. He's got a facial airbag and a skull like a rock. The Gannet scoffs at your puny attacks.

Then comes at you head first, at 90 miles per hour.

Photos.com

And it brought friends.

Read more: 5 Birds With Abilities That Put Superheroes to Shame | Cracked.com http://www.cracked.com/article_19483_5-birds-with-abilities-that-put-superheroes-to-shame_p2.html#ixzz1bX6JfJuO

hzvjpwS.gif

i think ISE is the largest blog atm?

or at least largest active one

and its only been like 3 months lol harpies takin over

we will dominate dw

we should have a harpies twitter

and we can just tweet about the random sht we do all day

we will dominate dw

we should have a harpies twitter

and we can just tweet about the random sht we do all day

That takes our excuse to increase the size of this thread.

Also, I read the thing on the harpy eagle this morning.

For fun: http://www.cracked.com/blog/4-pieces-relationship-advice-movies-need-to-stop-giving/

She's just scared of Mr. Kitterson finally getting prosecuted for baking me into the Cake of Jas. Of course, what Mr. Kitterson didn't realize is that by stirking me down baking me into the cake of Jas I became more powerful then Mr Kitterson could possibly have imagined.

10819698.jpg

=D=D=D

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

WE MUST DEFEAT SARUMON

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png

She's just scared of Mr. Kitterson finally getting prosecuted for baking me into the Cake of Jas. Of course, what Mr. Kitterson didn't realize is that by stirking me down baking me into the cake of Jas I became more powerful then Mr Kitterson could possibly have imagined.

10819698.jpg

=D=D=D

Someone make this image small enough for my sig.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png

Also, I have declared war on Sarumon:

Harpies are declaring war on you.

HARPIES SHALL BE THE BLOG WITH THE MOST POTS-ETH

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png

nonono thats not how you do it you gotta beat them first THEN declare war

#harpieswag