It's Super Effective!

People who used to play with bionicles have a lot of disposable income now

I'm aware of this. And I'm aware of how well it works with Star Wars and big fancy $200+ 1500+ piece sets that are display pieces and not toys.

I feel like this isn't the case, mostly because the new bionicle toys don't feel like they're aimed at that demographic. You want a decent selection of impressive looking, $100+ sets. From what I recall, there are a dozen bionicle sets ranging from $10 to $20.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

I think one point in time the Bionicle and Star Wars series pulled Lego out of bankruptcy. I have read that one of the reasons that they ended the product line was the lore that they had created for it (which I followed). A lot of what kept the sets selling was the progression of the series lore. The problem was that people who had not been fans from the beginning or at least earlier on didn't really care about the story or want to get in to it because it was so huge and convoluted. I think that what they hope to accomplish here is to cash-grab the g1 Bionicle fans and attract a new audience with a clean slate. The only thing that the new Bionicle story has in common with the old one are the character's names, and very little else. They will not be canon to each other.

19509_s.gif

“I had a feeling we weren’t coming back from this fight when it began.”

“Do you have any regrets?”

“I don’t. It seems surprising, I know, but I wouldn’t change a thing. This is how it was meant to be.”

“Huh, you never really notice how lovely the day is until you realize you’ll never see it again.”

“Mmmhmm.”

Went down to Toys R Us today and checked out the new Bionicle sets, they seem pretty neat with flexibility for combinations and such.

ay gwyn you ever have squid chips

Probably, didn't really eat that many snacks when I was young though. I assume you're talking about keropok.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

I think one point in time the Bionicle and Star Wars series pulled Lego out of bankruptcy. I have read that one of the reasons that they ended the product line was the lore that they had created for it (which I followed). A lot of what kept the sets selling was the progression of the series lore. The problem was that people who had not been fans from the beginning or at least earlier on didn't really care about the story or want to get in to it because it was so huge and convoluted. I think that what they hope to accomplish here is to cash-grab the g1 Bionicle fans and attract a new audience with a clean slate. The only thing that the new Bionicle story has in common with the old one are the character's names, and very little else. They will not be canon to each other.

Star Wars was definitely part of what saved Lego. Bionicle? I'm not sure. Nothing I've read mentioned bionicle playing a big part in that, just Star Wars and licensed products in general. My pure speculation on this is that bionicle didn't do a lot to attract new blood, whereas licensed products did - licensed products are taking existing fan bases and saying "hey look over here" whereas bionicle was trying create its own fanbase.

With that said, I'm aware that I could be completely wrong, and it could very well be the case that bionicle was a large part of what kept Lego out of bankruptcy.

Also, the more I look at the new bionicle sets, the more I like them. I still don't plan on getting them, mostly because my lego purchases then days tend to be more display pieces and not so much toys. It's one of those things that I'd happily and eagerly take as a gift, yet at the same time something I wouldn't buy for myself because I don't want it enough.

Also, I would totally eat squid chips.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png

Yeah, Star Wars definitely brought in more cash than Bionicle did, but the two combined really saved Lego. The thing about Bionicle is that if you had 1 Toa, you probably had all 6.

19509_s.gif

“I don’t. It seems surprising, I know, but I wouldn’t change a thing. This is how it was meant to be.”

“Huh, you never really notice how lovely the day is until you realize you’ll never see it again.”

“Mmmhmm.”

Yeah, Star Wars definitely brought in more cash than Bionicle did, but the two combined really saved Lego. The thing about Bionicle is that if you had 1 Toa, you probably had all 6.

True. It manages to buy a $25 set and a $150 set at the same time.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png

Granted, I own almost ALL of the older Lego Star Wars sets too......

19509_s.gif

“Mmmhmm.”

I feel like you're seriously underestimating how many older Star Wars sets there are. Unless you mean like most of the original wave of Lego Star Wars sets.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png

Ok. You know that book that was released in like 2010 that has the images and information about all of the Star Wars Lego sets? I went through that one time and determined that I had ~80% of the sets that were made before the Ep3 sets came out. Obviously the sets that I was missing were the $50+ sets (although I had a few of them).

19509_s.gif

“Mmmhmm.”

Cool =o

If Dragon Age Inquisition would stop freezing on me, that would be great.

-wanders around doing things-

-saves just in case-

-game lets me keep playing as it keeps saving so I do things-

-game freezes, still trying to save-

=.=

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png

Cool =o

-saves just in case-

=.=

I heard that game was stellar

All_My_Love.png Bun_Dem.png

max.png 50.png

Cool =o

-saves just in case-

=.=

I heard that game was stellar

IT IS

Also, have you patched it, Squab? I haven't had much of a problem with freezes since the patch came out.

I'm playing on PS3. To the best of my knowledge, I'm playing with the most recent patch. I mean, pretty sure I'd have to actively try and avoid it to stop that from happening.

So, anyways, I'm playing the game on hard mage, get like 30 hours in the restart because I didn't end up getting the storyline choices I wanted from the Dragon Age Keep (a website which basically lets you choose story options from previous games.) Don't think I ever ran into the game freezing. Maybe the odd time but I don't remember, so if it did happen, it wasn't a lot.

It's on my new file on casual mode that I've started seeing this problem occur. I find that very strange. (Also I'm playing on casual until I catch back up to where I was with my old file. I had just moved the inquisition out of their first base into the 2nd one, so it's very nice that I've got a very specific objective where I can say "now I've caught up.")

Oh except now I'm doing stuff in the Hinterlands I didn't do in the first place. Whoops lol. Oh well.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png

wat

19509_s.gif

“Mmmhmm.”

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

I don't understand you people sometimes

• Like 1

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png

ok...

19509_s.gif

“Mmmhmm.”