What is the best slayer food?

TubbyMcFee

Food for slayer?

If I ever need food for a slayer task I withdraw some from my monkfish stack. It doesn't really happen though..

Food needed for task --> food that lets you do 1 trip instead of 2 trips to preferred..

prayer pots or bunyips.

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

Dont really use food for any slayer task. Bar disposable food (monkfish/lobs) for mistakes like forgetting to redo super antifire or getting hit by strykewyrm tunnel specials.

Most of the time EEE covers that though

Winarr.png

Which tasks are you using prayer potions on?

I remember I used to have trouble with black demons, but then I switch over to pray pots to make every task last 1 trip.

As far as I know, food is only really necessary on wyverns (sometimes - just to be safe) and mithril dragons.

Other tasks have just one attack that you can pray against and be fine.

capt%20kevin.png

Judging by everyone's reaction, I must be doing something I wrong. People suggesting Soul Splits and bunyips might have done well to look at my stats though <_< . I use food for pretty much every task that doesn't involve me exclusively praying on. What should I be doing instead?

Tubby_Mc_Fee.png

What tasks are you having trouble with

I'm not having trouble with any task in particular, I just use food on everything that isn't exclusive to prayer like aberant spectres. I must be doing something wrong though.

Tubby_Mc_Fee.png

I think everyone assumed you'd be using a bunyip/had access to one.

If you dont have the skills for seers hard/elite (EE), could always use guthans till you get a bunyip.

Whats EE? And I plan on getting a bunyip soon.

Tubby_Mc_Fee.png

I'm not having trouble with any task in particular, I just use food on everything that isn't exclusive to prayer like aberant spectres. I must be doing something wrong though.

I dont understand what you mean.

For a good 95% of tasks - you can just pray to avoid damage.

If you're having troubles with a task - pray the necessary protection prayers.

As I stated, the only one you can't protect with just the prayers are

Wyverns/Mithril Dragons/(And now that I've come to think of it - Waterfiends)

We can't help you if you don't tell us what you need help with.

Just saying "I need food on slayer tasks" doesn't really give us the necessary information needed to advise you on slayer.

And EE is enhanced excalibur

EEE would be elite enhanced excalibur.

EE heals 200 lp in 10 seconds

EEE heals 400 lp in 20 seconds

capt%20kevin.png

I dont understand what you mean.

For a good 95% of tasks - you can just pray to avoid damage.

If you're having troubles with a task - pray the necessary protection prayers.

As I stated, the only one you can't protect with just the prayers are

Wyverns/Mithril Dragons/(And now that I've come to think of it - Waterfiends)

We can't help you if you don't tell us what you need help with.

Just saying "I need food on slayer tasks" doesn't really give us the necessary information needed to advise you on slayer.

I get it now. I don't pray on every task to avoid damage. I just eat food, which apparently isn't the way to go. Thanks for the help! And not in some sarcastic douchey way if anyone takes it like that. I'm legitimately appreciative.

Tubby_Mc_Fee.png

Fun Fact: If you've got a bunyip and need extra healing, bring raw fish and use the swallow special, you don't loose a turn like you do when you eat normally.

But Lobsters, Sharks, Monkfish, really anything that's not really pricey. (Rocktails might not be a good choice since they're a bit expensive to heal constantly on while slaying)

jijilentosmi.png

jijilentosmi.png

jijilentosmi.png

Fun Fact: If you've got a bunyip and need extra healing, bring raw fish and use the swallow special, you don't loose a turn like you do when you eat normally.

But Lobsters, Sharks, Monkfish, really anything that's not really pricey. (Rocktails might not be a good choice since they're a bit expensive to heal constantly on while slaying)

Most tasks drop some food.

For Waterfiends - the bunyip is awesome cause they often drop raw sharks

capt%20kevin.png

or you could just bring prayer pots. You should be pietying anyway, so its not hard to throw on pray melee for a minute or two while your bunyip heals you up. And OP, its not hard to get 68 summ, at your stats you should EASILY have the charms for it already, if you don't, it'll only take a few hours to get.

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png