Slayer Guide Recruiting. *Updated*

jayc3399

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've decided to help.

I still do quite a bit of slayer, even after 99, because i'm hunting effigies and Slayer is fun :P

I think i'm sharing the document with you, tell me if everything is okay so far.

Oh, is timestamp required?

edit: Is there any recommended block list and "cancel list"? Currently i have Blues, Jungles, terrordogs and tortoises blocked + i skip any task i don't feel like doing.

chat.png

"Happines only real when shared."

[hide=Stats]Gago.png

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gag0.png[/hide]

I've decided to help.

I still do quite a bit of slayer, even after 99, because i'm hunting effigies and Slayer is fun :P

I think i'm sharing the document with you, tell me if everything is okay so far.

Oh, is timestamp required?

edit: Is there any recommended block list and "cancel list"? Currently i have Blues, Jungles, terrordogs and tortoises blocked + i skip any task i don't feel like doing.

Your sharing did work thank you. And the time stamp is an auto generated field if your using the form. You dont have to put it in if you manually enter data.

Archermanme.png
Quest Cape Achieved on November 14, 2007

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Before you start researching, have a goal. I think I spotted that something that is what slayer research is missing is task/monster frequency (Like, out of 100 tasks how many of them are black demons, or how many blue dragons will you meet in 1000 slayer monsters.) but there are variables, so for this you need a norm. What I would do is this: lv93+ slay And a second group with 99 slayer or above. Both groups need to have testers with 138 combat and NO BLOCKS (this really is something that makes the data incorrect for it's purpose.) You should also divide these groups into two categories: Aquanites unlocked/locked

I think this would be the most valuable data because:

1. With the existing data of average task length, monster amount, drop rate, exp/task etc. we could make the perfect block list, and we could reveal new info on slay gp/h, what you lose when you block something etc.

2. This data used with effigy data would be epic.

Problem is that you'd need 10k+ tasks in every group, making it 40k+ tasks... But that's what I'd do to get this research forward. And old research is sure to contain some info. Unfortunately to get accurate results, you need to make sacrifices, here it is to slay without blocks. But in the end, to work for this goal would be the best option. The other data can be used to make drop rates, monsters/task as accurate as possible to benefit this data.

You're a few months late. I and the other three people making the slayer guide have indefinitely postponed it due to lack of help with data logging and the future change in combat mechanics.

We already knew and took into consideration what you said when figuring out how to write the guide.

[hide]

unbinding green's kidneys for ltk's heart

do you farm guam like me sir ltk

[/hide]