D Scimitar, D Longsword

MaetNameno

I mean as looking at stats the Dragon Longsword is better. But going through training when I first started playing RS scimitars were always the way to go. I do not know why I never realized they were better. But what is everyone else's opinion on the matter...

Scimitar or Longsword.

jhgfdfghjkjhgfdsdgfh.jpg

Scimitar, and it's been tested over and over. Although longsword spec is arguably better (you should be using another weapon entirely for specs anyway).

For strength, use a scimitar if those are your only two options. Note that a saradomin sword or korasis would be better though (and obviously a rapier, but I know you aren't close to requirements for that)

Okay this is exactly what I was looking for, I figured someone would know a good weapon. (Saradomin Sword).

And yeah dungeoneering isn't exactly my opinion of fun (:

jhgfdfghjkjhgfdsdgfh.jpg

If I remember correctly, the Dragon Scimitar with a Dragon Defender is better exp per hour than the Saradomin Sword. :)

A_Punk.png

Thanks to all those who have messaged me concerning a revamp of my Range-Slayer guide. Because of you all I will start rewriting it asap.[/color]

Formerly RobinHoodie.

If I remember correctly, the Dragon Scimitar with a Dragon Defender is better exp per hour than the Saradomin Sword. :)

I don't quite feel like going about getting a defender though. How long would you say it took you to get one?

jhgfdfghjkjhgfdsdgfh.jpg

I don't quite feel like going about getting a defender though. How long would you say it took you to get one?

Not very long at all. 2 hours at most, and the defender is a worthwhile investment as it's arguably the best equipment for the shield slot in the game. :)

A_Punk.png

Thanks to all those who have messaged me concerning a revamp of my Range-Slayer guide. Because of you all I will start rewriting it asap.[/color]

Formerly RobinHoodie.

Not very long at all. 2 hours at most, and the defender is a worthwhile investment as it's arguably the best equipment for the shield slot in the game. :)

And you have to go to Warriors guild to obtain it? I'm kinda clueless about it to be honest.

jhgfdfghjkjhgfdsdgfh.jpg

This link should answer all your questions: Warrior's Guild

You should look into the "Animation Room" option of getting Tokens as that was the easiest, atleast in my own opinion. :)

A_Punk.png

Formerly RobinHoodie.

Against 200 defense rating, you'll deal 16.07 damage per tick with a dragon scim, but only 13.46 with a dragon long. Against 100 defense rating, this increases to 22.78 and 18.93 respectively. With potions and 15% att and str prayers, this increases even more to 32.41 and 25.97. Scim is clearly a lot better.

There is a very simple reason why the scimitar is better than the longsword, and that is that it attacks more often. After your scimitar hits (takes .6 seconds for all weapons) there is a 1.8 second cooldown. After a longsword hit there is a 2.4 second cooldown.

You'll get 5 scimitar hits for every 4 longsword hits. Longswords don't hit even close to 25% higher than scimitars.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

ss>dscim w/ defender, if you don't know what your talking about, dont post in H&A.

"If I remember correctly" implies doubt; you don't have to be a [bleep] about it.

A_Punk.png

Formerly RobinHoodie.

ss>dscim w/ defender, if you don't know what your talking about, dont post in H&A.

"If I remember correctly" implies doubt; you don't have to be a [bleep] about it.

Could you at least check before you post if you aren't sure? It's a lot better to spend a minute checking than to accidentally give misinformation.

[hide]

unbinding green's kidneys for ltk's heart

do you farm guam like me sir ltk

[/hide]

Could you at least check before you post if you aren't sure? It's a lot better to spend a minute checking than to accidentally give misinformation.

I will in the future, but that doesn't excuse his rude behavior.

A_Punk.png

Formerly RobinHoodie.

[hide]

[/hide]

I will in the future, but that doesn't excuse his rude behavior.

I never said it did.

[hide]

unbinding green's kidneys for ltk's heart

do you farm guam like me sir ltk

[/hide]