Help making money

CannibalAngel

Hello all! The title says it all. I need help making money.

Basically I want to buy a SGS, an Amulet of Fury, a Berzerker Ring, and Karil's top and skirt  to be able to kill Waterfiends. I Currently have 9M cash which is no where near what I need to buy all of these items.

Please look up my stats and help me make some cash. RSN=Gojeta 5

I do not have any impressive gear at all and am not very lucky with drops so fighting monsters is pretty much out.

Any suggestions are very appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

**EDIT** I guess I should clarify that I am recently returning to the game and none of the methods that I used to use are valid anymore. Also most of my equipment is outdated which is why I need to make money.

Edited by CannibalAngel
Gojeta_5.png

Well first of all, waterfiends do not require most of the things you said. I'd recommend you get 80 dungeoneering and a chaotic maul, it is far, far superior to an SGS and it's FREEEE. Then you should do a few days of pest control for full void melee. I see you almost have the stat requirements, so i'd also suggest you complete a void dance for elite void +korasi as it gives a rather impressive prayer bonus of +4 on each item, top and bottom. Void is recommended as it gives excellent magic defense, a huge 10% more accuracy and strength, and the elite version gives a huge prayer bonus which means you can stay there far longer with few pots.

Berserker ring is a great item, especially imbued, but with chaotic maul it isn't *AS* important as the slow speed and already huge strength bonus make it fairly minimal, if you do get this, make sure you get it imbued because it is so useful and you will never regret doing it. Fury is also very meh, with only a +2 strength on glory and some defense, not worth 10m unless you're rolling in money.

• Chaotic maul ~ Price: Free! Time: Between 2-8 weeks depending on how much you play.
  • Void melee helm ~ Price: Free! Time: 3 hours
  • Void body ~ Price: Free! Time: 0 (You get 1 free from A void dance quest)
  • Void legs ~ Price: Free! Time 3 hours (+1 to make elite)
  • Void gloves ~ Price: Free! Time: 2 hours
  • Berserker ring ~ Price: 3.5m Time: 0 (optional: About 25 hours gameplay to reach rank 300, with enough credits to imbue TEN rings!)
  • Amulet of glory ~ Price: 30k Time: 0
  • SW cape/Fire cape/
    Skillcape T/ardycape 3 ~ Price: Free! Time: 0 (If you have none of these, get a cloak for about 150k)
  • Dragon boots ~ Price: 160k Time: 0

Total comes to only 3.7m and a little bit of your time doing things that you will need anyway and keep forever.

CNqWHdA.jpg

Well first of all, waterfiends do not require most of the things you said. I'd recommend you get 80 dungeoneering and a chaotic maul, it is far, far superior to an SGS and it's FREEEE. Then you should do a few days of pest control for full void melee. I see you almost have the stat requirements, so i'd also suggest you complete a void dance for elite void +korasi as it gives a rather impressive prayer bonus of +4 on each item, top and bottom. Void is recommended as it gives excellent magic defense, a huge 10% more accuracy and strength, and the elite version gives a huge prayer bonus which means you can stay there far longer with few pots.

Berserker ring is a great item, especially imbued, but with chaotic maul it isn't *AS* important as the slow speed and already huge strength bonus make it fairly minimal, if you do get this, make sure you get it imbued because it is so useful and you will never regret doing it. Fury is also very meh, with only a +2 strength on glory and some defense, not worth 10m unless you're rolling in money.

• Chaotic maul ~ Price: Free! Time: Between 2-8 weeks depending on how much you play.
  • Berserker ring ~ Price: 3.5m Time: 0 (optional: About 25 hours gameplay to reach rank 300, with enough credits to imbue TEN rings!)
  • SW cape/Fire cape/
    Skillcape T/ardycape 3 ~ Price: Free! Time: 0 (If you have none of these, get a cloak for about 150k)

Total comes to only 3.7m and a little bit of your time doing things that you will need anyway and keep forever.

Thanks for the reply! That is some great information! Every guide I read says to use SGS and Karil's.

So basically I need to get my Dungeneering up and do some Pest Control.

I do not have any of the capes you mentioned. What "cloak" should I get and where do I get one? Also, How do I imbue the ring?

I am going to have to read up on Dungeneering since I have only done it for about 10 levels and the reset was from Tears of Guthix.

Again, thanks for the great info!

Also, I would still like to know how to make some good money. If you or anyone have any suggestions just post. Thanks in advance!

Gojeta_5.png

Sgs is outdated, Karil's is decent if you need defence but at your level you really want a bunyip and piety before even thinking about them.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

• SW cape/Fire cape/

Thanks for the reply! That is some great information! Every guide I read says to use SGS and Karil's.

So basically I need to get my Dungeneering up and do some Pest Control.

I do not have any of the capes you mentioned. What "cloak" should I get and where do I get one? Also, How do I imbue the ring?

I am going to have to read up on Dungeneering since I have only done it for about 10 levels and the reset was from Tears of Guthix.

Again, thanks for the great info!

Also, I would still like to know how to make some good money. If you or anyone have any suggestions just post. Thanks in advance!

There are many cloaks that all give the same bonus, i think 'ancient cloak' is currently the cheapest. Just type 'cloak' into the grand exchange and see which one you like. (They give +3 prayer bonus which is useful at waterfiends)

To have the ability to imbue rings you must get 300 rank in mobilizing armies minigame. You use items such as fire runes for investment credits and you wager these each match for reward credits. It takes about 210k reward credits to imbue one berserker ring, and if you do maximum wager the whole time (Should only cost 2-3m) then you will get 2m+ reard credits, enough to imbue 10 rings. You can also imbue warrior ring, seers ring, archers ring, onyx ring... and other less useful ones. Berserker is what you should wear for waterfiends though. I'm sure there are a lot of good guides for this that you can look up. :)

A little dungeoneering tip is just stick to small complexity 6 floors and bind the best 2h you can wield asap, but you can find a good guide for this too if you want to know more.

CNqWHdA.jpg

Ignore powerfrogs comment about the fury, its useful not just because of the str increase over glory, but the defense is helpful (especially in void) and the prayer bonus is non-trivial in most gear outfits that don't include vercas/proselyte.

When you have a 9m bank you shouldn't consider spending 10m for a +2 strength, +1 prayer and +10 defense bonus. He doesn't even have piety yet.

Of course fury is BETTER, but not by such a wide margin that justifies buying it until you already have pretty much everything else you need to spend money on with a few exceptions.

CNqWHdA.jpg

Ignore powerfrogs comment about the fury, its useful not just because of the str increase over glory, but the defense is helpful (especially in void) and the prayer bonus is non-trivial in most gear outfits that don't include vercas/proselyte.

nomad's cape made prayer not really a problem anymore..

ANyway, from the meta gaming I'd strongly recommend getting a rapier instead of a maul: a rapier is much more versatile, and the difference between rapier/maul is very low at waterfiends. Especially when combined with ardy cloack + dragon defender.

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

ANyway, from the meta gaming I'd strongly recommend getting a rapier instead of a maul: a rapier is much more versatile, and the difference between rapier/maul is very low at waterfiends. Especially when combined with ardy cloack + dragon defender.

Sw cape is almost entirely irrelevant since you should use a firecape almost everywhere.

Sw cape is almost entirely irrelevant since you should use a firecape almost everywhere.

At waterfiends it's probably best to use soul wars, you should be praying piety + protect from range at all times, and even if the prayer potions cost seems trivial to your bank, it will allow you to stay there much longer without banking. Coupled with the fact that the firecapes relative boost when using the maul will be 2.6 compared to the 4 it gives for rapier (Due to the lower amount of hits per hour)

I agree about the rapier being the best weapon in general and a must have. But his fairly low attack level and lack of extreme potions mean the maul will consistantly be better for him at waterfiends, and that's what the question was about. Personally, i recommend that in time you get 99 dungeoneering so you can get all possible rewards as they're all very useful. But if you plan on killing waterfiends for 99 summoning and some melee training then a maul is a great investment.

Once you get 85 dungeoneering you also unlock the ability to kill frost dragons which drop frost dragon bones worth 14k each kill, are weaker than black dragons and cannonable, resulting in one of the best money making methods in the game... Sadly it's also full of bots so it's hard to find a good world.

CNqWHdA.jpg