UPDATED - Designing clothing for my school

Wongtong

So I've been put in charge of organising the leavers gear for my school (clothing for every senior at my school, about 213 will be bought).

Girl who is designing the hoodie wanted to go with this:

34qw7pd.jpg

I thought it looked a bit .. eh, so I took things into my own hands and started working on it in Illustrator.

I haven't finished (far from it) and am struggling to make a mane that looks good.

[hide=older versions]2z3yk49.jpg

\11uz0v5.jpg

Changed middle leg[/hide]

What I have currently:

20hq8wg.jpg

What I'm supposed to be doing is creating a larger silhouette version of the lion at the top of my school emblem:

567-logo_PNGHS%20Logo.jpg

I need as much help/criticism as possible, and if anyone would like to help me by actually changing it in Illustrator, I'd be very grateful and will upload a .psd of what I have atm (illustrator isn't saving anything for some reason)

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

For trying to replica the lion on your emblem, I think you did a good job. I'd only recommend trying to gradually thin down the tail as it approaches the hair ball at the end of the tail. Not much just a little.

I assume you're only allowed one color?

tFtfA.jpg

For trying to replica the lion on your emblem, I think you did a good job. I'd only recommend trying to gradually thin down the tail as it approaches the hair ball at the end of the tail. Not much just a little.

I assume you're only allowed one color?

Thanks!, will do.

Yup, one colour..

10postchm2105.png

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Must it be an exact silhouette of the emblem ? The lion's mane on the original makes the silhouette look outta whack a little. Make the mane more defined, IMO as stevepole said, either by segmenting the body or making the mane look more like a mane instead of a curved blob.

Rest of the body looks good.

Oh, everyone's under the impression that I've actually started working on the mane. laugh.gif

I haven't started working with the mane, but I think it'll be a challenge.

10postchm2105.png

#1 Wongtong stalker.

I can see the fourth, it's just not stick out much. The problem when you change it to a silhouette is that you can't see it unless you make the front leg look fat or whatever. That doesn't make any sense, but yeah.

rosssigfinal.jpg

I can see the fourth, it's just not stick out much. The problem when you change it to a silhouette is that you can't see it unless you make the front leg look fat or whatever. That doesn't make any sense, but yeah.

I see what you mean on the original emblem the black area at the front of the front leg is suggestive of the second front leg

Showing it to be almost direct behind the leg in the foreground, but being there enough to look "right"

Where as the silhouette form just looks like a 3 legged lion

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue