Jiblix and Ken Genosis Demodded Over Speaking Out

pal2002

So your proof of a government bailout is where?

He never said government. I think he was implying Jagex ran their game into the ground, sold a huge amount of the game to investors, and now they don't care anymore.

That's just my guess as to what he means though.

Direct comparison to US Banks being bailed out (by the government) gives a fairly strong impression otherwise. Especially since investment is hardly a bailout.

[bleep] OFF HOW ARE U SO [bleep]ING LUCKY U PIECE OF [bleep]ING SHIT [bleep] [bleep] [wagon] MUNCHER

• Replies 737
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So your proof of a government bailout is where?

He never said government. I think he was implying Jagex ran their game into the ground, sold a huge amount of the game to investors, and now they don't care anymore.

That's just my guess as to what he means though.

Direct comparison to US Banks being bailed out (by the government) gives a fairly strong impression otherwise. Especially since investment is hardly a bailout.

No no, you've got this all wrong. This is Tip.It. Jagex were bailed out by the government - that bail out was cloaked as an "Investment" so its customers wouldn't go running. They are evil.

RIP Michaelangelopolous

Was just a guess based on what I read and what I know about Pal. I may be wrong. Dunno.

And no government would bail out Jagex. Even they aren't *that* stupid. :rolleyes:

-edit-

Raisins_Face.jpg

The British government bought Jagex and is using it to spy on us!

Was Deathknell, but the password recovery never worked for me. So I'm this now. Whatever. Someone get me some damn fried chicken!

Guest jrhairychest

The thread itself is now gone from the forums - even though it is posted by a now demodded ken not at all representing jagex in any shape or form.

Way to quash any criticism, soviet jagex.

Honestly, I really do not see how anyone can still have faith in Jagex anymore...they literally treat their playerbase like crap and think that all forms of criticism as trolling. I really envy players from other games these days, where devs actually listen and resoond. I have so rarely seen any business conduct so unethically as jagex.They're no different from the bankers who stole your money and are living in tax bailed out mansions.

Not so originally...jagex go bailed out, players got sold out, there is only profit for those investors and nothing for the players.

Jagex is dead to me.

The funny thing about it all..is that all this profit now crap from jagex is a horrible business decision. Jagex and runescape has never had worse pr than those today. No new players are coming and more and more are leaving. The game is probably worth less than it was a year ago.

Pal, why do you continually post if you hate the company so much? This cannot be good for you or your heart as you seem to get more worked up. 'Soviet Jagex'? lol.

I'm assuming you don't play RS due to how you feel about Jagex but forgive me if I'm wrong. If you don't play any more, what's the purpose of continually ranting on these forums?

Hey, nothing wrong with speaking your mind about something you feel strongly about. He might not play, but it might have a spot in his heart and it bugs him to see it screwed with.

Compared to other people on here, he really isn't too bad about ranting and stuff. Maybe we should get Me_Hate_Libs back up in here? :thumbup:

Was Deathknell, but the password recovery never worked for me. So I'm this now. Whatever. Someone get me some damn fried chicken!

Guest jrhairychest

Hey, nothing wrong with speaking your mind about something you feel strongly about. He might not play, but it might have a spot in his heart and it bugs him to see it screwed with.

Compared to other people on here, he really isn't too bad about ranting and stuff. Maybe we should get Me_Hate_Libs back up in here? :thumbup:

I've no problem with strong feelings about things. However, this just keeps going into an anti-Jagex rant all the time by the same player on different threads. Its getting more absurd. This is supposed to be a "fan" site. Discontent is one thing but for me this is crossing the line and going over the top.

I've no problem with strong feelings about things. However, this just keeps going into an anti-Jagex rant all the time by the same player on different threads. Its getting more absurd. This is supposed to be a "fan" site. Discontent is one thing but for me this is crossing the line and going over the top.

Fan of Runescape, but not of Jagex maybe? :thumbup:

Guest jrhairychest

Precisely, this is a Runescape fan site, not an anti-Jagex site.

I think that describes a lot of us at the moment.

And if Jagex is doing something that we feel is detrimental to RuneScape, then we're going to be upset and express our frustration. That doesn't make us an "anti-Jagex" site.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

I think that describes a lot of us at the moment.

And if Jagex is doing something that we feel is detrimental to RuneScape, then we're going to be upset and express our frustration. That doesn't make us an "anti-Jagex" site.

Kaida has criticized Jagex? De-mod him! Well, he is a mod only on Tip. Let's see how far their power reaches.

Oh wait, this isn't the Runescape site so he shouldn't be de-modded for it? That didn't stop them with Jiblix. :angry:

I gotta say, if you are pro-Runescape, then you are anti-Jagex at the moment.

Kaida has criticized Jagex? De-mod him! Well, he is a mod only on Tip. Let's see how far their power reaches.

Actually, the EP aren't mods, just another branch of staff. But feel free to fear/worship me as if I was. I won't mind. Really. :P

btw - I've also criticized Jagex on the RSOF, so now I'm just waiting to see how long it takes the guys in black masks to storm in and take me away.

V for Vendetta was a documentary, right? :lol:

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

There's ways and means of doing such things. This isn't one of them.

Oh no, people are exerting their right of free speech in order to discuss controversial measure made by Jagex! LETS CRUCIFY THE INFIDELS!

This is not a Jagex worship site. This is an independent runescape fansite, and we are free to discuss recent and future updates to the game without having Jagex on our taisl. At least I'd hope so.

crossed_body.png

Kaida isn't a mod on Tip.It anyway. The mods are in green, anything else except admins in red aren't mods. It's pretty simple and very visable. :unsure:

Guest jrhairychest

Oh wait, this isn't the Runescape site so he shouldn't be de-modded for it? That didn't stop them with Jiblix. :angry:

This type of thing does more damage than what you think. It makes Tipit look like brainless morons who are anti-Jagex. Kaida is on the editorial panel - a position of trust within the Tipit staff that represents Tipit. It looks bad for Tipit in the eyes of Jagex.

This type of thing does more damage than what you think. It makes Tipit look like brainless morons who are anti-Jagex. Kaida is on the editorial panel - a position of trust within the Tipit staff that represents Tipit. It looks bad for Tipit in the eyes of Jagex.

As opposed to being brainless morons who are pro-Jagex? Jagex hasn't done much for tip.it lately, and judging by what they are doing with their website, the future doesn't look much better.

crossed_body.png

Guest jrhairychest

As opposed to being brainless morons who are pro-Jagex? Jagex hasn't done much for tip.it lately, and judging by what they are doing with their website, the future doesn't look much better.

Wow you really have no idea about how this community represents itself do you? Sorry I don't buy into the 'coolness' of being anti-jagex. Far from it, I like their product and I play it.

Tipit has held its own so far considering the other fansites that are about. The website changes won't make any difference to that. Besides, is that a reason for tipit staff to join in like it's some festival?

Wow you really have no idea about how this community represents itself do you?

It doesn't matter how it represents itself; All that matters is that it is independent. Jagex does not fund it, and has no say (at least not without threatening to remove their "support", which I find very lacking anyhow) on the internal politics.

Sorry I don't buy into the 'coolness' of being anti-jagex.

What's this supposed to be? Am I supposed to respond to this? I don't know if this is a provocation, an insult or just you being arrogant and sarcastic, but this is just unnecessary.

Far from it, I like their product and I play it.

I never said people didn't like their product. I can like my food but I can also call the cook out on his unsanitary facilities.

Tipit has held its own so far considering the other fansites that are about.

When did I say it didn't?

The website changes won't make any difference to that.

Doesn't matter. With the introduction of a in-house wiki, Jagex is effectively routing attention away from fansites, due to people not needing to go there for (good) information anymore. Whether this is intentional or not is irrelevant, it should have been taken into consideration.

Besides, is that a reason for tipit staff to join in like it's some festival?

As far as I know, staff members only differ from normal users in the sense that they manage specific parts of the website with no remuneration.

Who are you to dictate what they can or cannot say?

crossed_body.png

Andrew Gower has threatened to sue a tip.it user for their article criticizing Jagex before

I shall reiterate what has been said before - Andrew has threatened to sue on the basis of libel - fabricated 'truths' about JaGex's policies that were non-existent. When it came to light, Tip.it quickly amended the article and removed it from public viewing.

I don't think JaGex would mind about constructive criticism - it's uncalled for attacks on JaGex that they dislike.

Andrew Gower has threatened to sue a tip.it user for their article criticizing Jagex before

I shall reiterate what has been said before - Andrew has threatened to sue on the basis of libel - fabricated 'truths' about JaGex's policies that were non-existent. When it came to light, Tip.it quickly amended the article and removed it from public viewing.

I read the article it was opnion based just as much as Sees_All's article this week is

You're missing the point - libel is not the same as criticism. By definition, libel entails a false statement (i.e. fabricated truths). They're very different things, please don't conflate the terms.

Guest jrhairychest

Wow you really have no idea about how this community represents itself do you?

It doesn't matter how it represents itself; All that matters is that it is independent. Jagex does not fund it, and has no say (at least not without threatening to remove their "support", which I find very lacking anyhow) on the internal politics.

Sorry I don't buy into the 'coolness' of being anti-jagex.

What's this supposed to be? Am I supposed to respond to this? I don't know if this is a provocation, an insult or just you being arrogant and sarcastic, but this is just unnecessary.

Far from it, I like their product and I play it.

I never said people didn't like their product. I can like my food but I can also call the cook out on his unsanitary facilities.

Tipit has held its own so far considering the other fansites that are about.

When did I say it didn't?

The website changes won't make any difference to that.

Doesn't matter. With the introduction of a in-house wiki, Jagex is effectively routing attention away from fansites, due to people not needing to go there for (good) information anymore. Whether this is intentional or not is irrelevant, it should have been taken into consideration.

Besides, is that a reason for tipit staff to join in like it's some festival?

As far as I know, staff members only differ from normal users in the sense that they manage specific parts of the website with no remuneration.

Who are you to dictate what they can or cannot say?

Yes, Tipit is on the list of platinum fansites on RS. Yes, that means that RS can remove its support if it wants to. You are not in a direct position to decide how Tipit perceives its support from Jagex. You personally may not be that bothered, but Im sure the majority of the Tipit community and its staff are. While you yourself are not directly aiming salvos at Jagex in this particular thread youre simply loading the bullets for other posters to fire by claiming their rights to free speech. Free speech has a limit even on these forums. Ill repeat, it makes us look bad as a fansite. It looks worse when the staff are either contributing to this or doing nothing to stop it.

You seem to have a bee in your bonnet about the Wiki. Wrong thread.

If you think Im being offensive by stating its not cool to continuously slate Jagex feel free to report me. Ill stick to being a brainless moron and support Jagex and their product. Grow up in the meantime.

Seems like things are getting a little heated here... and a bit off-topic. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion - positive or negative - and people are welcome to voice those opinions. With regards to one of the comments above, Jagex has no problem with people being critical. But there is a difference between disagreeing with Jagex and constructively criticizing them, and blatantly/mindlessly bashing them. We're not going to force people to have an opinion one way or another, but we would like to stay away from any mindless, pointless bashing. But disagreeing with Jagex and being critical is perfectly fine. Jagex made it clear to us early on that they don't want to try to control what is posted on this forum (other than upholding basic RuneScape Rules like no selling gold, etc.). If they have concerns about people expressing their negative opinions of Jagex on fan sites, they will contact us to discuss it. but they have never seemed to have a problem with it in the past.

Now let's stop jumping at peoples' throats please ;)

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

Seems like things are getting a little heated here... and a bit off-topic. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion - positive or negative - and people are welcome to voice those opinions. With regards to one of the comments above, Jagex has no problem with people being critical. But there is a difference between disagreeing with Jagex and constructively criticizing them, and blatantly/mindlessly bashing them. We're not going to force people to have an opinion one way or another, but we would like to stay away from any mindless, pointless bashing. But disagreeing with Jagex and being critical is perfectly fine. Jagex made it clear to us early on that they don't want to try to control what is posted on this forum (other than upholding basic RuneScape Rules like no selling gold, etc.). If they have concerns about people expressing their negative opinions of Jagex on fan sites, they will contact us to discuss it. but they have never seemed to have a problem with it in the past.

Now let's stop jumping at peoples' throats please ;)

I'm assuming this applies for staff members as well?

crossed_body.png