Investigating the Wise Old Man

KCHughes

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

a few people mentioned it, but i think everything points to the conclusion that the wise old man is a saradominist. it might be that the wizards tower is either infiltrated by undercover zamorakians, or might be threatened to be attacked again. the wise old man must be keeping an eye on the tower as a guard for the tower. i dont think he will attack the tower. maybe the old man is the counterpart of the zamorakian mage that teleports you into the wilderness

i dont understand why he robbed the bank, though..

Are you a member with a full bank and cancelling your subscription? Are you an F2P player that wants more bank space? Check out my guide on Going to F2P with a full bank

Oops, I missed the bold part :oops:

Does anyone know if there is some conflicting theory about which god created the Runescape world, or is there pretty much a consensus that Guthix created it?

the russians are the best! Hands down!
Womzoomed-1.gif

At this point, I don't think we'll know FOR SURE who created runescape.

As both Guthix and Saradomin claim they created Gielinor. (Which by the way Saradomin uses Guthix's name for runescape, Gielinor) Saradomin also admits that Guthix and several "unknown" gods ruled runescape before he came to this realm.

You can read more about the gods of runescape here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RuneScape_gods

Anyway, back on topic: Any thoughts why the WOM gets mad when you talk about the sphinx?

EDIT:The statue in the old man's house is of Amascut the cat goddess, not Icthlarin; who is the god of the dead.

Amascut is a goddess of destruction and is often referred to as The Devourer. As her name suggests, she is inclined towards the destruction of everything in existence. Her greatest fear is of her former followers the cats which retain fractions of her former power and still hold a desire for revenge against her.

tablw5.png

Kill corporate radio. http://www.killradio.org

I think Amascut may symbolize Zaros somehow, because Zaros also had "former followers" that turned on him and probably have some of Zaros' original power. I'm sort of led to believe that the WOM is a follower of Amascut and Zaros and thus has a gret potential for destruction...maybe? Could this mean that Zaros and Amascut are in allegiance?

The sphinx is probably Amascut, and the WOM is trying to scare you away from Sphinxes because of their great power in the form of Amascut that he wants for himself. That's my theory at the moment.

the russians are the best! Hands down!
Womzoomed-1.gif

I have made some tasks for WOM. Heres the log of the tasks and the rewards:

01. 5 swamp paste -> prayer xp

02. Letter to Reldo -> 191gp from Reldo

03. 8 rat or bear meat cooked -> 3 barley seed, 2 hammerstone seed

04. Letter to Lawrence -> prayer xp

05. 5 bronze spear -> prayer xp

06. 11 bronze arrows (so he can shoot goblins from the window) -> 2 marrentil and 1 tarromin

07. 14 bread -> 4 guam, 4 tarromin and 2 marrentil

08. Letter to Lawrence -> prayer xp

09. 11 bronze wire -> 2 fire, 16 mind, 4 chaos, 4 body, 2 law, 3 air, 8 earth, 1 nature and 1 water rune

10. 5 grain -> prayer xp

11. Letter to Lawrence -> prayer xp

12. 12 grain -> prayer xp

13. 13 feathers -> 1 marrentil and 2 unid herb

14. 3 rune essence -> 9 air, 6 earth, 1 fire, 2 chaos and 2 body rune

15. 10 cadava berries -> prayer xp

16. 6 bronze med helms -> prayer xp

17. 11 raw rat meat -> uncut sapphire

18. 4 bronze bars -> prayer xp

19. 11 soft leather -> 1 redberry and 3 potato seed

20. 14. swamp paste -> 1 cadava, 2 onion, 1 limpwurt, 1 asgarnian and 3 cabbage seed

21. 6 leather boots -> prayer xp

22. 6 bones -> 6 mind, 2 body, 12 air, 1 chaos and 1 law rune

23. Letter to Entrana - prayer xp

24. 9 bronze daggers -> 2 guam and 1 tarromin herb

25. 15 copper ore -> 3 cabbage and 2 potato seed

26. 7 soft clay -> 200gp

27. 10 bronze arrowtips -> 4 water, 8 mind, 5 nature, 1 chaos, 2 law, 4 body, 5 fire, 3 air and 6 earth rune

28. 4 bronze med helm -> 1 onion and 1 cadava seed

29. Letter to Reldo -> 4 barley and 2 potato seed

30. 6 soft clay - 197gp

31. 13 rune essence -> prayer xp

32. Letter to Oracle -> 2 chaos, 2 mind, 4 law, 2 earth, 1 nature and 1 fire rune

33. 11 iron warhammers -> 12 earth, 4 body, 1 law, 8 mind, 4 water, 9 air, 2 chaos, 3 nature and 2 fire rune

34. 15 cooked rat or bear meat -> 196gp

35. 10 bronze axe -> prayer xp

36. 14 silk -> 2 potato and 2 yanillian seed

37. 11 iron ore -> prayer xp

38. 12 cowhides -> 1 marigold and 2 hammerstone seed

39. 9 cooked chickens -> prayer xp

40. 11 leather gloves - uncut emerald

41. 8 bronze spears -> prayer xp

42. Letter to Entrana -> 209gp

43. Letter to Thurgo -> 200gp

44. Letter to Entrana -> prayer xp

45. 3 raw rat meat -> prayer xp

46. 11 copper ore -> prayer xp

47. 6 iron bars -> 3 cabbage seed

48. Letter to Oracle - prayer xp

49. 15 pots of flour -> prayer xp

50. 5 silk -> uncut sapphire

51. 12 bronze spears -> uncut ruby

52. 5 bronze med helm -> 1 law, 1 nature, 4 earth, 4 body, 1 fire, 2 water and 4 mind rune

53. 12 bronze spears - prayer xp

54. 7 pots of flour -> prayer xp

55. 13 bronze bars -> prayer xp

Prayer xp is about 200.

Pictures of the Letters:

entrana.JPG

lawrence.JPG

oracle.JPG

reldo.JPG

thurgo.JPG

well, theres no doubt that the wise old man is indeed a saradominst, with the initial *D... perhaps he's also a high level thief, not just for breaking into the bank, but because of the seeds he has to pay for tasks, seeing that he's right next door to the master farmer and seed stalls (then again, maybe he just buys seeds "legally" lol)

Are you a member with a full bank and cancelling your subscription? Are you an F2P player that wants more bank space? Check out my guide on Going to F2P with a full bank

and the new update for the wom would be...?

I couldn't care less if he was Andrew Gower himself, I just don't like arrogant smegheads.
*in the voice of the comic book guy from the simpsons* best. quote. EVER! :thumbsup:

Out on the edge of the known world, the Piscatoris Fishing Colony stands on the brink of disaster. Angry sea trolls are emerging from the sea and attacking the colonists, preventing them from harvesting the valuable monkfish that live in those waters. A highly experienced adventurer will be needed to drive back the trolls for good.

The Colony's director, Herman Caranos, has a particular adventurer in mind: the notoriously amoral Wise Old Man of Draynor Village (allegations of his involvement in a spectacular bank robbery have never been substantiated).

If you're in the mood for a bit of combat, jump on the boat on the west side of the Gnome Stronghold, speak to the Colony's director and prepare to fight alongside the Wise Old Man as he embarks on his final adventure - his swan song

he probubly waers his gold plated sara armour!

knucklesrunsmallani9si.giftailsrunsmallani1rp.gifsonicrunsmallani5bw.gif

Open ur eyes and learn to read :o

Theres a whole new WOM quest

oh yeah.. i havent used the rs main page for a while. ive been using their downloaded client, so i dont see the news too much. looks like it will be an interesting quest...

so the wom was once a great warrior... that would explain the high level of mage needed to cast the spell in the movie. someone go do the quest so we can see what else he does!

I couldn't care less if he was Andrew Gower himself, I just don't like arrogant smegheads.
*in the voice of the comic book guy from the simpsons* best. quote. EVER! :thumbsup:

i saw that movie and i have a question about it:

in the beginning (when he leaves his house) there is a man who says 'huh'

and sees that person in front of the door being killed..

Does anybody know the name of that person? maybe he really exists...

nope he doesnt exsist sorry to say that but it was nice thougt

ps. u guys can really think im sitting here and im like ''wtf''

Videos answer more than a thousand words.

This response may be a little late, but that video can't be real, though I am assuming it was just for fun. You see, the video showed the wise old man cast Saradomin Strike on the guard and do 44 damage. According to the Tip.it magic guide, the max damage of Saradomin Strike is 30.

p.s. Yes, I do realize that my extreme attention to detail may be considered quite unusual. I don't really care. :wink:

this is a bit late to but that video doesnt work to watch lol

You know... y=-4.682x+97.896 and y=.2136x-1.51 are not perpendicular lines... And did you try to use the perpendicular bisectors, angle bisectors, medians, or altitudes of the triangles formed by all these lines?

They are perpendicular. One is the negated inverse of the other. If there's a way to print the map of RS off, I'd draw all over it and find that stuff. That may be a little bit too deep, though. Assuming Jagex isn't good at geometry.

i think i know a way to print the map of rs go in on google and search on images like this searc: runescape map and then u might be able to print a pic

• 1 month later...

Wow..... you guys amaze me. I know this is really late, but most of the theories and such are good. I wonder if any one will post anything about this again....

R.I.P Shiva and The Old Nite

Visit My Huge Goals!!! <---- Click This

My Pk Gallery

supdefnubew6.png

GWD: 3x Saradomin Sword, 2x Saradomin Hilt, 2X B Boots, 1x Tasset, 2X B Plate, 2X Shard, 1X D Med

TDs: 3x Solo Claws, 1x Solo Armour Piece

99 Untrimmed HP, 0% Pc'd and before Soul Wars -- Trimmed July 1, 2009

First Untrimmed HP Cape to 96 summon, top 300 to 96 summon

Proud owner of the strength, magic, range, and hitpoints capes.

Spa_Ins/LOLCANADA on IRC.

Great theories, mathematics, and what not. But the location of Draynor, the Wizards Tower, the Desert, they were all there for so long... How long was JaGeX planning this is planning anything? I think some of you people are just thinking too hard about a game :?

Live, love, eat!

1. 20 degrees 54 minutes N and 7 degrees 4 minutes E

co2nv.jpg

2. 7 degrees 4 minutes N and 20 degrees 54 minutes E

co15qd.jpg

hope this helps

Im really sorry to rebump this thread but it is the best thread for WOM info. The top one, near Miscellania, is that on the same Longitude/Latitude of the Pritarois Fishing colony where the WOMS quest was? Also the one near Draynor mansion, ive already said this before, but you need to dig a skull up there for Fairy tale part 1. I suspect that something more could be connected there in FTP 2.

My findings so far:

If you draw a line from the Wizard's Tower to the Draynor Bank, the Wise Old Man's telescope lies directly on the line. The equation of this line is: y=-4.682x+97.896. If you continue the line toward the south east, the line intersects with the dead center of the Bandit Camp in the desert. I can't remember much about the Bandit Camp when I was a member, but aren't they Zaros followers?

Anyway, imagine a line going from the Wizard's Tower, to the Draynor Bank, to the Wise Old Man's house. Now, imagine a line perpendicular to this line, which interects the Tower-Bank line at the Wise Old Man's house. The equation of this line is: y=.2136x-1.51. Continue this line in both directions and it intersect with the north-central portion of the Digsite (the Zaros altar?) and the Wizard's Guild in Yanile. So, the man is probably affiliated with Zaros somehow, and is part of some conspiracy against wizards. I think he'll attack the Wizard Guild after he hits the Tower.

Take the two equations I showed above and rearrange them into standard form and you get this:

x+.2136y=20.91

x-4.682y=7.07

The two bolded numbers are the solutions. Change them into Degree/Minute/Second form and you get this

20 degrees, 54 minutes

7 degrees, 4 minutes

Now, this is where I need some additional help. I need another memeber to find these two locations:

1. 20 degrees 54 minutes N and 7 degrees 4 minutes E

2. 7 degrees 4 minutes N and 20 degrees 54 minutes E

I believe one of these two coordinates will somewhat answer the mystery around the Wise Old Man. Thanks for your help again.

rsmap21mar065mi.th.jpg

The red line is your tower to bank line with continuations and the black line is your two coordinates joined up. Raken from the map on the offical website.

When you said the thing about the Bandit camp, enlakas lament quest hadn't been releashed. As you see on my diagram, the line not only goes through the bandit but right through the temple in enlankas lament where a zaros follower is and it also goes through Menaphos! I bet there is something concerning Zaros in Menaphos! Until they put up the updated map to save as an image thats best weve got but on the digsite contiuation notice it goes through the ectofungus and if i remember, where they put dragontooth island?

i don't know if someone has already posted this, but there seems to be something with skulls as well. As joecool280 said, you dig up a skull atthe Draynor Manor longitude/latitude. There's a skull in the basement of Wizard's tower. So there's something to do with Zaros, possibly something with skulls, and something to do with Wizards. Once again, someone might have already posted this, but I'm too lazy to read 17 pages.

doublesmileyface1.png

Cenin pân nîd, istan pân nîd, dan nin ú-cenich, nin ú-istach.

Ithil luin eria vi menel caran...Tîn dan delu.