Is Runescape getting too easy?

Datblob

I wish qeltar would put Truthscape back up or at least release some of that material. "Don't Resent My Toilet" was one of the best arguments I've seen on this very subject. No modern person says things like "You whippersnappers and your water-flush toilet, that is nothing like our old outhouses with the Thunder Mug we had to empty every night! You need to go back to what it was REALLY like!" No, you hear more things like "Oh, I guess that is green living, but I'm sorry, (grand)kid, I rather like modern conveniences."

"Challenge" is not why I play, but then I'm a parent with a house and I have some responsibilities. Much of the time, I just want something mind-numbing and sometimes even flat-out boring by comparison to my everyday routine. Looking back at the early days of Runescape-- back in the RS1 years before it was dubbed "Classic"-- no, I do not want to go back to endlessly clicking on fishing and mining spots, the 3-hit system as far as player vs. monster (PvM - Elvarg, IMHO, is tougher on the RSC engine), and so on.

I remember this subject coming up in the 'how easy do you want it thread' by Erewhon2. Interesting how back then I was constantly told it would be 'inevitable', even though I was against the idea of an easier game. Still against it today. The pool of very poor players who want an already easy game made even easier still grows <_< . Botting has already proved it.

Each generation gets lazier and lazier. When these 12 year olds see how much time and effort a lot of these things take they say "[bleep] that" and spend money on a macro bot because

1) they have the money to spend it

and

2) they cant be bothered to actually do real work

Because grinding skills is so much more productive than afking.

I choose not to bot because of the risks that come with it. I gave up grinding ever since last year and pretty much the whole game too.

If you enjoy grinding and want 'challenge', try being purely F2Per. No effigies there ;)

Logic fail.

If you are f2p you have like 1/3 less skills therefore 1/3 of the grinding (assuming you avoid effigies etc as you enjoy grinding) therefore being p2p is still better if you enjoy the grind.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

If you enjoy grinding and want 'challenge', try being purely F2Per. No effigies there ;)

Logic fail.

If you are f2p you have like 1/3 less skills therefore 1/3 of the grinding (assuming you avoid effigies etc as you enjoy grinding) therefore being p2p is still better if you enjoy the grind.

logic fail.

It takes more then 33% longer to max out f2p therefor it still is a longer grind then playing members all the way through

Epic maths lie 195m xp is much faster to get than 325m xp, wherever you do it

For you're statement to hold true it'd require that the slower f2p methods are impossible in p2p; which they are not.

Do the same slow ass methods in p2p as you do in f2p and you take just as long, heck even longer if you truly go to the extremes.

Plus there's the factor of some p2p methods being slower still eg magic trees result in slower xp/hr than yew trees due to cut rate.

Mining runite would also yeild lower xp/hr than most f2p mining.

And side note: those xp totals only account for 99 dg not the full 120

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Logic fail.

logic fail.

It takes more then 33% longer to max out f2p therefor it still is a longer grind then playing members all the way through

Epic maths lie 195m xp is much faster to get than 325m xp, wherever you do it

For you're statement to hold true it'd require that the slower f2p methods are impossible in p2p; which they are not.

Do the same slow ass methods in p2p as you do in f2p and you take just as long, heck even longer if you truly go to the extremes.

Plus there's the factor of some p2p methods being slower still eg magic trees result in slower xp/hr than yew trees due to cut rate.

Mining runite would also yeild lower xp/hr than most f2p mining.

And side note: those xp totals only account for 99 dg not the full 120

More logic fail. More often than not the worst xp rate is available for f2pers. Mining clay, burying regular bones, runecrafting airs, combat in general, cooking shrimps, firemaking regular trees, woodcutting regular trees, fishing shrimp, spinning wool, wind rush, bronze arrows with longbow, c1ing floor 1, smithing bronze daggers. In fact, I just listed the slowest method in every f2p skill and they all happen to be f2p. Ring World is correct, it takes a significantly longer time maxing out f2p totals than it does maxing out p2p totals. If you were to compare the two times, the best way would be to compare the maximum experience rates.

TL;DR Your logic fails, I'll cook rocktails for 20m xp, you can cook swordfish for 20m xp and we'll see who wins.

Goals for 2012:

• Quest Cape
  • MAX

I miss the days back in like 2006 when most all skillcapes were respected (even cooking had the slightest respect) and there were no methods of "free" xp. All xp you earned was from doing the skill itself. But as Runescape is dying, Jagex has to do what they can to keep people playing, so it that means faster xp, that's what they're going to do.

You must've been new in 06 if thats what you think.

99's had a level of respect in old runescape because it was pointless to get them. It was a bit like going for 200m xp in a skill. After skill capes it became a "requirement" to get 2+ 99's and the rarer the better. Its funny you mention skillcapes being what made 99's great in 06. All the old players then were saying "skillcapes killed runescape, blablabla RS is dying, Jagex has to do what they can to keep people playing, etc."

Its funny its practically runescape culture to think that things were amazing when you started and suck once you reach a decent level of experience in the game. :lol:

As they say on 4chan "/b/ always sucked" and so did runescape.

I've been playing since just after RS2 came out (so some time in 2004). I didn't say skillcapes were what made 99's great, I'm just saying they were more respected than they are now. I remember before skillcapes people would always lie about their skills and the only way to check was to look them up on the highscores which most people didn't care enough to do. Skillcapes just proved that you had a 99. I don't see how they "killed runescape".

Come support my max total goal here.

Briobe122's 10-step guide to staking:

1. Get cleaned

2. Vow to never stake ever again! (very important)

3. welfare tds and get claws

4. kill glacors til i get boots

5. bandos ffa or more tds til i have around 50m

6. realize that it is far too hard to rebuild using steps 3, 4, and 5

7. give up the vow to never stake again

8. go back staking and make your bank back

9. if you failed at step #8, Go back to step #1

10. if you succeed at step #8, you will eventually feel the need to make money for rich people stuff, have a bad day of staking, then get cleaned anyways

Pain is just weakness leaving the body.