Datblob

Effigies

Urns

Refer a friend

Bonus xp weekend

Chaotics

Dicing for money

Rare drop table increasing money made from combat

Infernal ashes improving cash from monsters such as black demons, abyssal demons and nechrayels

Lumberjack being made easier to obtain

Construction and mining version of lumberjack

Elite task sets giving huge amounts of xp for little time

Bots making all resources cheaper and cheaper for people to use

Ring of wealth increasing chance of unique drops, items at barrows, better loots at kinglys, encrusted gold statuettes at pyramid plunder.

Can jagax make rs any easier, oh yeh runecrafting and thieving versions of lumberjack are coming soon aswell :ohnoes:

Thats the nature of the game, most new updates make something easier.

fletch-x, cook-x, smith-x, runecrafting, farming, monkfish, juju potions, fire capes, soulwars capes, pest control, soulwars, godwars dungeon, barrows armour, rune armour, etc.

It's all relative to when you started.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Yes, it's getting and will continue to get easier. It's from that that I assume we'll see RS allow all skills to go upto 120 in time.

Hopefully Jagex is smart and offers tangible benefits to each level of a skill for 100 to 120.

nukemarine.png

Learn how to Learn Japanese on your own - Nukemarine's Suggested Guide for Beginners in Japanese
Stop Forgetting Stuff for College and Life - Anki - a program which makes remembering things easy
Reach Elite Fitness - CrossFit

Bro 99 fletch before fletch-x. I feel ripped off.

Game became a serious easy issue the day pest control was released, and was the first time I quit. The second time was restricted trade, and this time it's recruit a friend. I'd like to say I won't come back, but the loving community keeps me around.

jd4mfinalsmal0jp.gif

Proper Daily blogging including Starcraft 2!

Includes goal for 80+ all stats

Bro 99 fletch before fletch-x. I feel ripped off.

Game became a serious easy issue the day pest control was released, and was the first time I quit. The second time was restricted trade, and this time it's recruit a friend. I'd like to say I won't come back, but the loving community keeps me around.

I'd rather have done it then. Make x is slow as hell. Which makes me afk while the inventory of bows/15 sets of bolts gets done. Then I end up losing my timing and don't get back to rs in time and lost more time. I hate make x.

35b9enp.jpg

I feel the need to point that, at the very least, lumberjack should be easier to get. IMO, there shouldn't be really hard (and by hard I mean very low chance) to obtain.

Oh, and complaining about dicing for money is like complaining about people buying lottery tickets. Unless you're the host, on average you lose money.

I have nothing against updates that make RS less grindy or lower drop rates - RS is grindy enough as is and drop-rates are just abstract numbers used to limit the supply of an item. Note that this is slightly different then my opinion on lumberjack - something you have to obtain yourself shouldn't be luck-based with a very low chance of it occurring.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

This is, to a degree, the nature of gaming. I have played a number of different MMOs and many of them have implemented similar changes over the years that make the same achievements easier for the newer players (or in many cases, make the creation of alts more feasible.).

No such thing as "too easy". Less grinding=more fun in my opinion.

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

Well, of course they make it easier over time since there is more and more high-leveled content.

We don't want the newbs staying as newbs as long as we were.

An elitist game that doesn't leave a chance for new players to catch up the old ones is only fun for the latter.

WarBlastoise.png

No such thing as "too easy". Less grinding=more fun in my opinion.

This is not entirely true. If everything was a handout, in otherwords "click this button for 2b gp" you wouldn't enjoy the game, because there would be no sense of achievement. What's needed is a careful balance of rewards for grinding content, yet not making the content horrible.

"Too easy" is very possible. For example, Livid Farm would've been very interesting if the game itself had been enjoyable, rather than a horrendous click-fest. Then it wouldn't feel grindy, but there would still be achievement for unlocking the rewards.

The new Temple Trekking, for example, I find quite enjoyable. So I'll play it, and be happy when I get the rewards. Livid Farm, I barely managed to survive getting the rewards. It just has horrible gameplay. But if everyone had been able to get Venge Group just for playing a single round of Livid Farm, the accomplishment of getting Venge Group would feel lame. It doesn't matter much if a single reward in the game is like this. But it would suck if every single thing within game was super easy.

No one would want to play if you got 99 wc for chopping a single tree, and 99 mining for mining one piece of clay, and ... (repeat for all skills and quests and minigames). Because everyone would be maxed out and wouldn't have much reason to continue.

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

Well, I suppose there is a point where "too easy" would become a bad thing. Let me clarify: Runescape is nowhere near being too easy. Sure, the sense of achievement is a big driving factor towards reaching your goals, but the game itself would be a lot more enjoyable if some things weren't sure a soul-crushing grind.

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

You still have to be determined and play the game to be able to get a 99.

Once noobs can get a 99 in a week then that will be too easy

pikatips001.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips002.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips003.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips004.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips005.png1,000 F2P Total Level Reached 10/8/10 !

[hide=Guides]Magic & Summoning Profit Spreadsheets! *UPDATES EVERY HOUR* (includes: High alch, Superheat, and Enchanting)

4 BETTER alternatives to flesh crawlers[/hide]

WOT WOT!

☉.☉☂

The reason this game sucks is because it's BORING.

Grinding can only be considered "relaxing" for so long.

There really isn't much skill involved in RS. It's a very grind- and luck-based game.

When you say the game is becoming easier, you mean it's becoming more tolerable.

77yLQy8.png

The reason this game sucks is because it's BORING.

Grinding can only be considered "relaxing" for so long.

There really isn't much skill involved in RS. It's a very grind- and luck-based game.

When you say the game is becoming easier, you mean it's becoming more tolerable.

Tolerable is the same thing as ease in this context.

After all an intolerable task is harder as you cannot tolerate it and thus fail to devote proper time and attention to complete it making the task longer and harder for yourself.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

You still have to be determined and play the game to be able to get a 99.

Once noobs can get a 99 in a week then that will be too easy

You have to consider how risky this game was too. For instance, you could of lost rares when dying to a random event.

@ first post: RoW is still junk. The only reason you are thinking this game is easier is because you may have more experience

and levels compared to most players. There may be other people who still perceive this game as challenging. I think

a majority of updates were made to make this game more tolerable. I mean, who really wants

to mindlessly click on logs all day when you can simply use the x-function to do the work for you? That limits the mindless

clicking and it definitely saves frustration.

I once thought driving was considered hard when I first started because I didn't know how to properly steer or switching

lanes perfectly. Now that I have more "experience", I could finally say driving became easier, but did it really became easier

for everyone? I don't think so.

I miss the days back in like 2006 when most all skillcapes were respected (even cooking had the slightest respect) and there were no methods of "free" xp. All xp you earned was from doing the skill itself. But as Runescape is dying, Jagex has to do what they can to keep people playing, so it that means faster xp, that's what they're going to do.

Come support my max total goal here.

Briobe122's 10-step guide to staking:

1. Get cleaned

2. Vow to never stake ever again! (very important)

3. welfare tds and get claws

4. kill glacors til i get boots

5. bandos ffa or more tds til i have around 50m

6. realize that it is far too hard to rebuild using steps 3, 4, and 5

7. give up the vow to never stake again

8. go back staking and make your bank back

9. if you failed at step #8, Go back to step #1

10. if you succeed at step #8, you will eventually feel the need to make money for rich people stuff, have a bad day of staking, then get cleaned anyways

Pain is just weakness leaving the body.

I miss the days back in like 2006 when most all skillcapes were respected (even cooking had the slightest respect) and there were no methods of "free" xp. All xp you earned was from doing the skill itself. But as Runescape is dying, Jagex has to do what they can to keep people playing, so it that means faster xp, that's what they're going to do.

I think people are taking bonus xps too far as it should be taken for. One xp weekend is what? One time every six months? Free exp has always been a part of runescape

and I don't think any methods are significantly making it easier for reaching level 99 in any skill.

People save up effigies and do penguins and things like that as often as possible. I can say that I have at least a couple million xp banked in effigies and enough dragonkin lamps to get me 97-99 slayer. In my opinion, that's significantly easier.

Come support my max total goal here.

Briobe122's 10-step guide to staking:

1. Get cleaned

2. Vow to never stake ever again! (very important)

3. welfare tds and get claws

4. kill glacors til i get boots

5. bandos ffa or more tds til i have around 50m

6. realize that it is far too hard to rebuild using steps 3, 4, and 5

7. give up the vow to never stake again

8. go back staking and make your bank back

9. if you failed at step #8, Go back to step #1

10. if you succeed at step #8, you will eventually feel the need to make money for rich people stuff, have a bad day of staking, then get cleaned anyways

Pain is just weakness leaving the body.

People save up effigies and do penguins and things like that as often as possible. I can say that I have at least a couple million xp banked in effigies and enough dragonkin lamps to get me 97-99 slayer. In my opinion, that's significantly easier.

Very true to be honest.

I would have to say it is as well.

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

It was a more difficult game when I started, but obviously we all knew the game was going to slowly but surely get easier. There is nothing wrong with the natural progression of updates, but I disagree with the idea of "bonus" experience from events. I do like Distractions and Diversions, which normally give healthy amounts of experience periodically.

Obviously, this doesn't hold true for everyone; but, I don't mind getting larger exp/hr rations. I'm getting to the point where all my levels are getting close to 99 (save a few skills) and the amount of time my goal takes is astronomical. That isn't to say I want to see huge margins of experience rate gains in future updates, but slowly, it isn't a bad thing.

jijilentosmi.png

jijilentosmi.png

jijilentosmi.png

Guest jrhairychest

I remember this subject coming up in the 'how easy do you want it thread' by Erewhon2. Interesting how back then I was constantly told it would be 'inevitable', even though I was against the idea of an easier game. Still against it today. The pool of very poor players who want an already easy game made even easier still grows <_< . Botting has already proved it.

I remember this subject coming up in the 'how easy do you want it thread' by Erewhon2. Interesting how back then I was constantly told it would be 'inevitable', even though I was against the idea of an easier game. Still against it today. The pool of very poor players who want an already easy game made even easier still grows <_< . Botting has already proved it.

Each generation gets lazier and lazier. When these 12 year olds see how much time and effort a lot of these things take they say "[bleep] that" and spend money on a macro bot because

1) they have the money to spend it

and

2) they cant be bothered to actually do real work

Screenshot2011-08-18at14818PM-1.png