Anti-Bot Idea

tyluke

I've recently been reading a lot of 'ways to take care of bots' posts and I wanted to suggest a simple idea. To be fair, I am a P2P player, and these suggestions are more geared towards F2P.

I would apply this suggestion to the following: Mining Guild, Crafting Guild, Yews, maybe Karamja docks and/or green dragons because these are the places most plagued by marcoers.

In order to enter the mining guild, crafting guild, cut yews, etc a player must complete a mini quest, or a series of tasks for the guildmaster. This may seem overkill or inconenient, but for most players the mining guild, crafting guild and yews would be entirely worth it :mrgreen: particularly without macroers!

Example: Dwarvern Initiation. You must journey to the various mines in Runescape to collect various rare ores. The Al kharid star ore, the Varrock marble ore, the Lumbridge swamp ore, the karmja glow ore and the Falador shimmer ore. Once the ores are collected (or other tasks are completed. players will be allowed to operate within the guild.

Id like to be perfectly clear that these quests arent designed to be One Small Favour irritably long, but if the player isnt willing to go out of their way to complete this, they shouldnt be allowed in. This may seem inconvenient for players, but the point I am arguing is: If you wish to join my guild, there is a challenge you must complete to enter.

Ultimately I'd like to hear all of your suggestions and ideas, so post away!

tyluke.png

Tyluke.png

only 2 skills below level 50 :)

There will be people who do that and then bot the guilds, or just create bots to do the mini quests. Not a chance in hell this will work mate.

sig2-3.jpg

Three months banishment to 9gag is something i would never wish upon anybody, not even my worst enemy.

I'm not convinced it'll work. And I don't like the idea of having to do a task to cut yew trees, although it could be made somewhat sensible (historically, at some point in the UK there was a shortage of high-quality yew wood for longbow which made the king protect yew trees) it's just very annoying.

I've heard there's quest bots, there are dungeoneering bots, and some bots will solve fairly complex tasks.

If the bots don't solve it an employee (goldfarmer) could probably take 20-30 bots per hour through those tasks anyway.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

I think the idea isn't perfect but it is in the right direction. Why not have quest requirements for botted tasks that would be a pain for the bots but a very likely thing to have for the player?

A simple example, completion of dragon slayer before you learn how to kill dragons. Dragon slayer requires 32 quest points, which isn't much, but would definitely slow down the bot creation if nothing else. A huge majority of players who are able to kill dragons would already have completed this quest, and if they haven't why not have an alternate way to unlock the ability? Say if a range/mage based account wanted to kill dragons but they couldn't due to the strength reward, they could gain the ability to at 70 range, but could only use range to do so.

GuidesForScapers.png

Legalize baby punching. Tax and regulate it. Punch babies erry day.

I think the idea isn't perfect but it is in the right direction. Why not have quest requirements for botted tasks that would be a pain for the bots but a very likely thing to have for the player?

A simple example, completion of dragon slayer before you learn how to kill dragons. Dragon slayer requires 32 quest points, which isn't much, but would definitely slow down the bot creation if nothing else. A huge majority of players who are able to kill dragons would already have completed this quest, and if they haven't why not have an alternate way to unlock the ability? Say if a range/mage based account wanted to kill dragons but they couldn't due to the strength reward, they could gain the ability to at 70 range, but could only use range to do so.

I've heard that there is a bot that does every single f2p quest. So unfortunately I don't think that would help...

2496 total achieved June 30, 2013

I've heard that there is a bot that does every single f2p quest. So unfortunately I don't think that would help...

There are a lot of rumours about bots, most of them are pretty ridiculous. I heard on the RuneShark podcast that there are bots that can get you a fire cape, which is wrong... Also heard that there are bots for barrows, wrong. There is no bot for all F2P quests, a fair few, but not all. Not enough to get to the point where it would be easy to get past such a requirement.

GuidesForScapers.png

Legalize baby punching. Tax and regulate it. Punch babies erry day.

There are a lot of rumours about bots, most of them are pretty ridiculous. I heard on the RuneShark podcast that there are bots that can get you a fire cape, which is wrong... Also heard that there are bots for barrows, wrong. There is no bot for all F2P quests, a fair few, but not all. Not enough to get to the point where it would be easy to get past such a requirement.

No barrows bots huh?

- Supports using multiple combat methods

Supports separate for each combat method

Supports ancient and modern magic

Choose how and when you want to fight each brother

Supports both curses and normal prayers Uses anything a normal player would want to use.

Kills tunnel creatures for the most optimal results.

Supports barrows repairing (No support for repairing chaotic/Nex armor yet)

Supports multiple transportation methods

Ectophail

Ancient teleports

Varrock teleport (runes and tabs)

Anti-stuck system that will never allow a bot to be stuck for more than 25 minutes. If the bot should fail to recover from being stuck it will shut down to avoid bans.

POH Support

Multiple chests per trip support

4e57c36b9105b_barrows.PNG

Patrik001.png

88102pbj 8a - BANNED at 108 combat 2004 - 84 Combat RSC.

Patrik001 - 72 Attack 50 Defence 92 Strength RSC.

X Patrik X - 85 Attack 75 Defence 92 Strength RSC.