Rugby World Cup 2011

joke_slayer

Flopstralia.

Oh well, hopefully Australia get their act together now

RIP Michaelangelopolous

u can control my tip it account, but youll never control how fine i am!

This is by FAR my favorite song:

I love N_odie and would never edit his posts! I love Rainy_Day too <3 And also Cowman_133. <33 Oh, and Laikrob is a going to hunt me down and kill me like a pest kangaroo if I reveal how awesome she is. I owe tripsis skittles. DarkDude feels like he's missing out. This is my siggy! - n_odie Rainy_Day MINE! - n_odie Rainy_Day And meol shouldn't feel left out. Oh, and Y_Guy is a noob awesome

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Flopstralia.

Oh well, hopefully Australia get their act together now

Doubt it :twisted:

My relaxation method involves a bottle of lotion, beautiful women, and partial nudity. Yes I get massages.

ojdv.jpg

Hopefully :mrgreen:

RIP Michaelangelopolous

I love N_odie and would never edit his posts! I love Rainy_Day too <3 And also Cowman_133. <33 Oh, and Laikrob is a going to hunt me down and kill me like a pest kangaroo if I reveal how awesome she is. I owe tripsis skittles. DarkDude feels like he's missing out. This is my siggy! - n_odie Rainy_Day MINE! - n_odie Rainy_Day And meol shouldn't feel left out. Oh, and Y_Guy is a noob awesome

You know, if it does end up in a SA vs AUS quarter, i want to sound patriotic and say SA is going to come out on top... But let's be honest that would make me sound like a complete fool.

SA played a decent game today. Happy with the result but i still lack confidence that they have what it takes to beat a team like AUS in the quarters. At best it's going to be a close ball game.

Aus can be crap sometimes, out of nowhere, but I think we should still be able to be Saf, will be a good game though. SA still have great players but they're old now, I don't doubt they can play better than Aus on their day though.

RIP Michaelangelopolous

SA's team is basically made up of 7 old chaps and 8 young blokes.

Luckily the older player's are in the front so we still have plenty of young blood to run with the ball.

I'm confused as to where i should go with a SA v Aus game.

Australia's loss against Ireland could give them a psychological disadvantage. SA's unbeaten campaign might put them at a slight advantage, although one can't really make speculations like that.

We've got a Scrumhalf - Flyhalf combination that's popular for their tactical kicking. Morne Steyn can pop over a dropgoal from pretty much anywhere in the opposition's half, Frans Steyn can go upto his own 10m-line. I won't be surprised if they use that as much as possible. Hougard has been having a killer world cup so far, he's going to be someone the Aussies will have to keep an eye out for. Then SA has Beast and Bismarck who are two of the strongest ball carriers with a great amount of pace. We still have one of the best line-outs in rugby. We have JP Peterson who's speed is unmatched.

It's going to be one heck of a game for sure.

well, at the moment, in an Aus vs SA game, I would back SA.

SA might not be as good in attack as Aus, but they have a great defence, and seem to be more likely to make Aus pay for the mistakes they make than the teams they have faced so far.

Still a bit early for this talk though, almost have the games in the group stages still to go, and Italy (you can see the bias from a mile away can't you) and Samoa do still have a (small) chance of chance of changing the group results

Heh, but it's doubtful. France seem pretty strong this year, stronger than I thought anyway

RIP Michaelangelopolous

yeah, I haven't seen them against a good team, so I guess they're not so good :P

RIP Michaelangelopolous

To be honest all the 'Six Nations' teams have been pretty average thus far. Way back in January I predicted NZ to win the whole thing and I can't really see anyone stopping them if they carry on like this.

SLwQsg1.png

"Unfortunately, the real world isn't the same as a fairy tale."

To be honest all the 'Six Nations' teams have been pretty average thus far. Way back in January I predicted NZ to win the whole thing and I can't really see anyone stopping them if they carry on like this.

well, Ireland did beat Aus, and Wales were the better team against SA

France did seem to improve towards the end of the match, that could have been NZ easing off, or it could have been Trinh-Duc showing why Lievremont shouldn't put a scrum-half at 10, I definately think that starting Trinh-Duc would have tilted the final result a bit more towards France though NZ would still have won it

NZ certainly seem to be the best team out there, but assuming there are no major upsets changing the standings in pools C and D, they are going to have a tough route to the final, so its definatly too early to declare them winners

French are lulz

RIP Michaelangelopolous

Haha the French play like it was a game of soccer, faking injuries everywhere :P

Was actually a bit of a boring game.

That's lame :( Canada may suck, but at least we don't fake injuries!

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

SA vs. Samoa - Probably the worst game of the World Cup. Not because of the players, no. Because of a Referee that did an absolute piss-poor job. There were so many shoulder/neck high tackles. I can't even begin to understand how he did not call them. There was so much going on off the ball, it was like watching a wrestling match with a ball tossed in. His yellow-card to Smit in the 71st minute was totally unjust. Since when is an attempted intercept a deliberate knock-down? The Samoan red card should have NEVER even happened. The Referee should have stopped play when the South African number 6 swung his arms in an attempt to free himself for the first time. It happened right where the ball was. Totally shocking. I think the Ref should stick to calling the smaller matches because clearly he does not know how to handle important matches like the one we had here. And i really don't see how IRB could have allowed him to blow in a match where SA was playing. He has a nasty reputation for being a prick whenever we are involved in a game. A lot of his calls are highly questionable.

On a different note. Frans Steyn is still tearing it up with his monster boot. Although he missed some today, it's good to see that he's still able to reach the posts from his own 10 meter line. This surely has to put some pressure on their opponents. Make a mistake anywhere near the half-way line and we you gift us 3 points.

I disagree, I still think it was a good game because of the tension. Yeah I agree both cards were over the top, though they cancelled each other out in the end.

Nigel Owen is normally a pretty good ref, but he didn't really have a great game. Samoa had their chance to score with 15 minutes to go, if they had got the first conversion they could have taken the lead. To be honest South Africa haven't played that this thus far, they should have lost to Wales, but Rhys Prestland missed an easy drop goal.

rosssigfinal.jpg

Yeah, first time I've seen him as a ref (from what I recall) didn't seem very good, looked out of his league. A call that caught me with the most surprised was saying the Samoan player was held (forgot his name) when he got up after being tackled, which was ridiculous, ruined Samoa's run of play. Doubt they would've scored though, the South African defence was really good.

Also, everytime I hear Morne Steyn I keep thinking of cricket because of Morne Morkel and Dale Steyn..Anyway

RIP Michaelangelopolous

missed the last couple of games due to university starting again, and its a shame, sounds like SA vs Samoa was a pretty tense game, but I guess it somewhat vindicates my predictions in the first post that both Wales and Samoa would cause SA problems, even though the results weren't quite what I expected

looking forward to the final 2 days of the group stages (well less than 2 days, Aus vs Russia about to kick off), particularly to England vs Scotland and Ireland vs Italy

I reckon that even though the style of rugby played in those to games will not be the greatest, they will be very close and provide a great finish to the pool stages

EDIT: wow France disintegrated in such a spectacular fashion.... well played Tonga