Bot prevention (not solution)

tyluke

I would like to apologize right off the bat because this suggestion will not appeal to pure skillers.

I know this wouldnt stop the bots spamming the mining, crafting and fishing guilds, but I think these would be some nice preventative measure.

1. Raise the requirement of certain guilds like the Crafting guild from 40 to 55. Level 40 is simply too easy to acquire

2. Have the guilds stipulate you must have played the game for a certain period of time (days/months idk) before you would be granted access

3. Guilds require quests or 'initiation' mini quests before you are allowed to enter

4. All guilds require a certain combat level (in addition to their standard requirements)

5. All guilds require a certain skill total (in addition to their standard requirements)

6. Upon acceptance you must pay a ONE TIME entrance fee (for new members)

I know ideas 2, 4, and 5 seem rather harsh or inapplicable so I'll give an example that I think would be acceptable.

This is an example entrance requirement to access the Crafting Guild (we'll say f2p)

-You must have 55 Crafting

-You must complete the 'Artisans masterpiece' quest

-You must have a skill total greater than 300

-You must pay a 50K entrance fee

Ultimately I'd like to hear your opinions and ideas :)

tyluke.png

Tyluke.png

only 2 skills below level 50 :)

1) Will delay bots by all of a couple of hours so pointless.

2) Unfair to skill pures and new players who happen to train 1 skill rapidly

3) Why? Theres no reason for a quest for most of them; so it'd just be awkward and clunky and delay bots by all of 15 minutes while they do the quest

4) Unfair to skill pures

5) Unfair as it enforces trianing other unrelated skills

6) Unfair on poor noobs and would delay bots by like no time at all.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I think the only thing I can really get on board behind is suggestion #3...and unfortunately, it's not really even for its ability to prevent bots. I just think it would be really cool to have quests involving the skilling guilds, at -starting -beginner -adept -master levels. Reminds me of Oblivion.

hzvjpwS.gif

The problem is, while all of these ideas are in various ways detrimental to bots, they don't in any way stop them and will likely only hurt legitimate players more. Anti-bot updates need to break bots. This just makes life slightly more difficult, but frankly, things being difficult is why people made bots in the first place.

Note that by difficult I mean time consuming and grindy.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

The problem is, while all of these ideas are in various ways detrimental to bots, they don't in any way stop them and will likely only hurt legitimate players more. Anti-bot updates need to break bots. This just makes life slightly more difficult, but frankly, things being difficult is why people made bots in the first place.

Note that by difficult I mean time consuming and grindy.

I agree completely :)

anyway I just thought these might be a couple good ideas, because I cant think of a way to actually break bots

tyluke.png

Tyluke.png

only 2 skills below level 50 :)

• 2 weeks later...

I personally think (and by god im going to get flamed so hard I might end up in hell) they should bring back fatigue. Its not THAT BAD, let the sleeping bag not take an inventory space this time, and sleeping in a bed make fatigue increase 5X slower. Doing combate for too long with 100% fatigue should make you unable to attack until you rest

For the uninitiated: http://runescapeclassic.wikia.com/wiki/Fatigue, to combat the autosleepers a better captcha should be added.

Sig